F1 2011 Tyre Wear Numbers in Garage

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I dunno what these numbers mean next to the tyre compunds. Can anybody shed any light on this. I know this has been asked be4, but i couldnt see an answer, so, anybody know what it is, because its confusing my strategy

Do you mean these?

racingpic.png

I dont know what A represents, but I think B is how many laps the compound lasts

I wonder if the first number is like the scrub that needs removing till the tyre is ready? Or its the optimal performance life, though 0.9 seems very low for this to be true. Then the second is laps till worn out?

The outside number tells how much optimal grip laps that tyre has. Basically, it is a estimate of how many laps that tyre has optimal grip for (basically for qualifying). The inside number is an estimation of how many laps that particular compound will last.

I'm still not sure about this, the outer number ("A") doesn't seem to correspond to how many laps are run before the outer ring is worn off. For Melbourne/Options/50% race I believe A = 0.3 for me, but after completing a full lap there was plenty of that outer ring left when I got back to garage. B does seem to correlate to number of laps.

I am curious if there is supposed to be some representation of the scrub you should wear off before the tire is optimal (all the AI cars go out and back in without completing a lap at the start of practice, "as if" they were scrubbing the tires). RE says tires are scrubbed and will get up to temperature quickly - do we get that message only after the outside ("A") ring is gone?

I think the AI does that because that's what real F1 drivers do to check everything is as it should be after they put the car together. It's known as the "Installation lap".

Interestingly the inner and outer number always add up to a round number. No idea what it means, but the inner doesn't seem to go down until the outer is depleted.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%