F1 2013 Tyre Wear Mod=Restart of Career?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello,
I wanted to ask, if it is neccesseary to restart the carreer when I install one of the tyre wear mods?
I wanted to install Realistic tyre wear and pit stops or Reduced tyre wear and I am not sure.

Thanks, my carreer is deleted after installing one of the tyre wear mods but I made backups and it didn't work. I made a backup of databes and one of my profile. I installed the old datafile. Then I created a new profile with exactly the name what I had before. Then I made first checks on the YDT and I selected back to main, quitted the game and installed my old savegame but it does not work. It says that I have to creata a new file.

Well the guide I wrote does work (for most people anyway). You do exactly what it says, step by step.

You must have a good back up your steam profile (the remote folder)

You must delete you old profile, and create a new one with exactly the same driver name.

You must now close the game, and copy your backup profile back into Steam, overwriting the new profile you just created

The database is irreverent really, if you have the old one great, but you can get a new one from Steam by verifying your game files. You will lose all mods when you verify the game files.

Crazy, I made the YDT and I choose Lotus as team for my new carreer. Then I made what you said with my old files, I did not worked but the I made it with my new files and it worked. Thanks for your help, then I have to play a new career. It is not bad, because the tyre wear was terrible and now I installed the mod.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%