Tyre texture changing in pits

Kyle Puttifer

@Simberia
In F1WCP 2009/2010 you can change your tyres in the pits (as in all mods) but it also changes the texture of the tyre according to the compound. For example, option tyres have the well-known green stripe, and this is changed in a pitstop if you were on hard tyres.

Is it possible to replicate this in RFT 2010? I prefer the RFT 2010 mod to WCP 2010, so this would be a cool feature to have.

So im guessing this will be in the next update Doug? ;) lol

It looks like it. Yes. Krunch is busy working on the tyre wear issue people were having between the Control and sprint tyres with the sprint lasting longer then the control. It has been improved but not quite there yet. We're all very busy trying to get all the things we need done for the patch so please bear with us a bit longer. Things are coming along nicely though.

The patch will be quite big guy's. There's been some very big improvments helped by your feedback.

Cheers
Doug.

Kevo - no it doesn't look possible from what I have seen. The problem being is the TREAD pattern is the sidewall of the V8's. It can work with F1 and Indy as they only use a stripe. I've looked over all the old F1C cars and cannot see a possibly way at this stage.

Hi, i have some problems with tire changing skins. I can see what tire coumpound i have now and then it is changing at the pit stop, but i can't see other drivers skin changing at the pit stop, im using WCP 2010 at the moment, so maybe there is some way to see what other drivers tire compound is after their pit stop during the race.

Thnx for the help. Cheers

I'm not sure what the problem is, it looks like the cars all have their own separate HDVs. It works perfectly on A1GP 2010 because all of the cars use the same physics file. This is also shown when you change tyres in the upgrades and the AI tyres change as well!!
I'm not sure of the problem with WCP though.

Main reason is that we want to see other racers tire skin during the race, because we want them to use both tire compounds during the race. But you know problem is that only driver can see their tire skin, so we cant check did they used both compounds or not.
P.S. their is only one HDV for all cars.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but there is a way to tell rFactor to display a different compound name in-game. In the TBC it still says Soft Compound etc but in-game you can specify it to be what ever you want.
Here's how:
In the mod's rFm, under Config Overrides, add the line "LanguagesFile=xxxx.DIC" (without quotations). Replace XXXX with whatever you want.
Next, go to rFactor/Support/Languages, and copy the file used for your language, in my case, English-UK. Name it whatever you specified in the rFm.
Open this file in Notepad.
Add this line:
"Soft Compound" "YYYY"
Replace YYYY with whatever you want, you MUST keep the quotation marks this time.
Do this for the other tyre compounds that you want to rename.
Done! The texture changing will still work, and you can name the tyres whatever you want, you just have to do it in a different way.

Hi guys, Ive read the whole discussion and I got texture changing, thanks for great manual. For me it works fine but the problem is that I dont see any change when other guys from league change the compound..........texture doesnt change. Is there any solution? Thx for answer

Hi Guys

I'm customising an F1 Mod for a league I run, and using FSONE09 as a base. Using the details put here on the forum about dynamic tyre textures, I've been trying to make that work, which I have, to a certain extent! The textures change, but not based on tyre compound, they change based on wheel rotation. If the wheel is stationary, they use 00, mild rotation 01, faster rotation 02, etc etc. Does anyone have any idea how I can change this? I've pushed and prodded around some files but I can't make heads or tails on the area that controls that.

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I'm currently working on the same problem with the F1RFT2011 Mod, but unfortunately I'm not familiar with graphical rfactor modding.
Is anybody here who can help me or has even done it with this mod ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%