Tyre Temps & MoTec

Hi Guys,
I'm new to sim racing and picked up GTR2 after seeing good reviews.
Installed anniversary patch.
Really enjoying getting faster and am using the Elise.
Question I have is - When in garage after a few laps TTs show as an even 89degrees while in Motec they are showing around 55.
Anyone know why? Both calibrated to centigrade.
Mystified :(
Ta
Iain

....When in garage after a few laps TTs show as an even 89degrees while in Motec they are showing around 55.
Anyone know why? Both calibrated to centigrade.
Mystified :(
Ta
Iain

If I guess you're speaking about the tyre temperatures on the car motec when in cockpit compared to the ones displayed in the garage setup pages... the reason can easily be explained:

In your example:
- in garage, the displayed tyre temperatures are the ones they had when leaving the track after a few laps

- each time you come back and leave the garage ( don't conclude it's the same with a pitstop if you're not changing tyres ;)) you're starting with new tyres .... so that's normal that the tyres temperatures are lower ... as they hadn't any contact rolling on the track yet and these are the temperatures appearing on the car motec
NB: not sure at 100% ... but those cars had no heating blankets allowed at this time for GT cars.

I'm driving GTR2 rarely ( but more working on it ) ... but to check my assertion above, just try this:
- just before leaving the track for the garage ... have a look at the tyre temperatures on the car motec ....
- and in garage setup page .... check those displayed temperatures.... I'd bet they are the same +-

It's been a while since I have had the Motec program installed. But recall that motec in gtr2 are not in real time.
You record the entire lap(s) and can check tire temps at any given time/ point of the track.
If you install the 10 anniversary patch or any of the other Motec updates you will get tire temp on all cars.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%