Team ORSM

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
RaceDepartment welcomes Team ORSM. Here you will find the new home of the team behind V8Factor, Bathurst and other productions!

Have fun!

Not 100% correct Michael

... AI seem to develop some uncanny abilities and are a lot closer in their times (including tailmarkers being up front).
yeah can that be changed? I have an issue with Phillip Island where a car gets stuck in the pit garage and can't get out to qualify (seems to be stuck half way through the wall) so when the race starts he goes straight to the front of the grid! I'm thinking he should start from the back.... Oh... by the way does anyone know a fix for this bug?

yeah can that be changed? I have an issue with Phillip Island where a car gets stuck in the pit garage and can't get out to qualify (seems to be stuck half way through the wall) so when the race starts he goes straight to the front of the grid! I'm thinking he should start from the back.... Oh... by the way does anyone know a fix for this bug?

Sorry Mate.

That is a track specific issue, and it's not one of our tracks/conversions to do that one.

You don't get that issue with Bathurst do you?

• Targanon

for online use with a group.. and would like to customise each car a little more then the normal templetes allows I have been able to find out the names of the files I need to replace the graphics for .. the problems is that once I place the replacementr DDS files intot eh car skin folder its becomes a blanket replacement on all holdens or ford... for instance I put darkened taillight lenses in my folder there are all darkened...

Samer goes for dash units etc. is there a way to rename the files? or make only my car havethe changed DDS file.

I notice while looking for and anser for this that there is a simular tyre dds issue..

GRAB_003.jpgGRAB_002.jpgGRAB_001.jpg

I was watching the replay, just doing some adjustments to my selection of buttons, and then the body of of #77 just vanished. Came out of the replay and restarted the race and was restored.

By the way this car was about 4 or 5 place, in the third pic I am just behind, #77 was uncatchable and went on to win the race by 4 or 5 seconds...do you think because it was a bit lighter?

Ps: I thought Tech might be interested so I placed here and not as a screenshot...Admin it's your call.

Do all the Falcons do that to you?

It looks like a LOD issue in the Upgrades file, but I can't say I have seen it do it to me and I have looked at our GEN file and can't fault it.

What are your graphics settings in the ingame configuration (custom, low, med, high, ultra??), and have you changed the BA_upgrades.gen file in any way?

Same issue with the Tyres and all the other parts.

There are only a limited number of intechangeable textures. These are noted as they have been mapped on the cars in the VEH file for each team, at the top of the file.

Be carefull though.. some textures in the templates revert to being used at certain LOD distances, so you may need to adjust the graphics on the template also.

Hmm,

That's an interesting one to say the least. I'm wondering if you've checked all the simple things like checking naming matches between the veh file and skin file. Call me captain obvious but I'd say it isn't just the lods alone because the Orrcon falcon in the 3rd pic isnt showing the same glitch. Does this happen intermitently over a variety of cars or just this once with the 77? Am I also correct in my observation that the 77 is a custom skin? If you can link to where it came from I'll see if I can replicate and fix the problem.

Gav.

That's a wierd one. The parts under the bonnet and guards are part of the main body object, so I don't think it's anything to do with the .gen files. I have seen materials and/or textures get mixed up way back when I had a crappy pc and tried to run a full grid of the Carrera Cup mod. It was clear that I was out of memory and my pc was struggling to put out more than one frame a second though.

Can you tell me if your pc was struggling at all or should it have no problem running it? If you press Ctrl-F three times it'll show the fps on the right and memory use on the left. Can you do a test with a full grid and tell me if the top bar changes from green to yellow or red. If it goes red then that's most likely the problem. Note that there's a thinner bar below that flashes red when the cpu load is high also, that's normal unless it's always red.

Mojoman, and others, Yep it looks to be my end. I was running full grid plus everything on full. I was fooling around at that time and just wanted to see the potential of my system. It looked to be ok untill car 77 before my eyes decided to go half naked.

I tried to repeat that issue by loading up the graphics, didn't come cross that same problem but system went into freeze mode, or just very jerky at times, Continued to bring down the graphics to a point where it could keep going in order to bring up that problem but no go. I can't give you any fps cause on the right top corner all I get is a black square and single numbers like 3_, or 1_ ect, thats after pressing ctrl f as u said, the other side I was getting a green barr never saw the red one.

Anyways, I reackon youre right it feels like a out of mem situation. I have an x800 raedion 324 meg ram , plus 1 gig sys ram, 3200+ Amd Athlon cpu, It does the job for my needs so I"ll just tone the game down to where I like it for now until my beast of a new system arrives. If it occurs again under my current config then I will report again.

Ps: the 77 car was in the 2009 all in one 1.3 v plus high res skins added. The 77 car actually has 3 skins to choose from within the games.

ps: My avatar...Ha....I like those Hypers..anit got one yet waiting for them to get back on track

Good question. Got one for you. If it were possible to have all three seasons in one mod. Not shore it is. What would you expect to be different between them all besides the obvious?

I couldn't resist anymore :D

Will V8Factor 2009 incorporate sprint tyres, control tyres and wets?

Will we see a Bathurst 2009? If the mod incorporates wet tyres, will we see a wet version of Bathurst? I wanna re-enact 2001 :D

First question. Tyres. Can sprint and control tyres changed mid race?

At the moment in rF you can choose which tyres you change. To add a set of sprint tyres in the selection box is possible. To change the tyre wall as a upgrade for visual effect can be done but can it be related to a tyre change mid race? It would be like changing the cars livery mid race. Asking rF to look for a different DDS file while in game mod which it want do with out reloading the car. Problem #1

When you change tyres from say control to sprint you would expect the sprint tyre to have more grip, be faster wearing basicly do as a sprint tyre dose. To do this mid race and in accordance to the changing of the tyres. Again your asking rF to look for and read to install a new physic file for the tyre to change there in game behaviour mid race. Of cause this applys the the changing to a wet weather tyre also. rF reads all text files while the game is loading. If you change a text line somewhere rF want recognise it until the game is restarted. Problem #2

I really don't think it will be possible to get around these problem in the current rF format.

Bathurst update? You'll have to wait and see on that one.

Bathurst wet? In rF1? Doubt it. I know Sugo have done a great job of getting a wet weather track. The track changes the grip level in accordance to the track you choose. This track though stays wet all the time through out prac qual and race. No weather change so rF has no need to look for a differing grip level ini file.

These are the things that ISI are faced with to bring us rF2 with changing weather and grip levels. Dry line and wet line grip changes. I for one don't envy them trying to get this stuff working.

I can confirm that we aren't really looking at going outside the functions of rF standard features for an rF release.

In saying that though, up till now we have only run the control tyres so I am not going to commit to being able to hotswap mid race from control to sprint..

I spose the question is.. that was available in 2009, but they have changed the rules in 2010..

Is that going to be something worth worrying about to replicate 2009 when 2010 changed with the differing rules??

Sorry.. It's not a matter of having a go at doing it. It is a do-able configuration...

I spose my concern is towards determining if it is viable to spend time on it for something that can not be controlled by the game as a replication of the series.

In the real series, there are tyre allocations, which rF can't replicate. And... as Doug pointed out, the sprints and control have different side wall colouring (which is the non-replicating part of a hot swap in the pits).

They are more the blockers than having both tyres in game.

But, in reality, if we introduce the "Sprint" Tyres, most peeps will just hop on board, and not use the "controls" anyway so they can get an improved grip and stick.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%