Team ORSM

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
RaceDepartment welcomes Team ORSM. Here you will find the new home of the team behind V8Factor, Bathurst and other productions!

Have fun!

RC, the link to the tyres is below. Its consists of 4 DDs files as stated above. These files are meant to be placed in the folder of your choice of vechile. ( V8 super cars) RC, is this the direct link you are after
I appreciate youre help and I don't want to let you go due to my lack of info. But Its a small .rar file, uncompressed exposes these 4 dds files ( V8_TYRE00.dds, V8_TYRE01.dds, V8_TYRE02.dds, V8_TYRE.dds)

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/painters_profile.cfm?ID=D%20painter this is direct link to the downloads of the tyres...just scroll down once youre there.

It is strange that the whole grid of cars reflects the replacement tyres when only placed in one folder for example, say the JDR team. I have version 1.3 and updated with 2009 skins,and its a fresh install from V1.0.
As you know the current tyres are Dunlop across the entrie teams. When installing these four dds files only in one team as I have mentioned, it is picked up acros the entire teams..strange...I can't find the actual
files of the dunlop tyres, it seems they must be embedded within a file I cant open.

I hope this helps...perhaps more so just to know about it...may help future programming

ps: Wilso, no not fixed yet, my description above are you getting Identical situations

The tyre's optimal pressure is 86kpa? Which you cannot set in the setup menu. Is there a reason behind an optimal tyre pressure of 86?

Do you know the tyre load figure? Is it around 0.03?

If you equate the dry weight x 10 (Newton) / 4 (tyres) x tyre load + base pressure would you get an estimate of optimal tyre pressures? Obviously this would only be standing stats.

But the weight distribution is not 50/50 so dividing by 4 is a little inaccurate? What is the weight distribution? If (1440x10/4)x0.03+86 you get 192kpa. Does that sound about right?

And tyre temperatures are optimal at 95C but given just a couple of laps and they soar right up to 110 and beyond. Is there a way to combat this?

• Wilso

Yes, exactly the same problem as you describe mate. If you work out how to fix it please let me know. I will do the same for you. I trying everything i can think of..no luck yet.

Regards Wilso

Are you putting the tyre files in the actual teams file eg Vehicles\V8Factor\Dick Johnson Racing or are you putting them in the Vehicles\V8Factor folder? From my understanding they need to be in the team folder like the first example.

"Are you putting the tyre files in the actual teams file eg Vehicles\V8Factor\Dick Johnson Racing " Yes excatly that, and after that every whch way you can think of.

Got me beat, but will try elsewhere....I'll Be Back......

thanks for your time.

lay off the right foot for a few laps. I used to run around 205kpa which is ruffly 32-32 psi in actual tyre terms. Depending on tracks etc and set up... I like my set up quite soft it does move around a bit... but thats all the fun with these cars.

There may be some confusion over what the "OptimumPressure" parameter in the TBC actually represents. The first number represents the minimum pressure needed to keep the tyre flat on the ground when cold and not on the car. The second number represents the pressure increase per Newton required to keep the tyre flat on the ground when hot and loaded by car weight (one corner). The optimum pressure of the tyres when out on track is actually 214kpa. In the garage the numbers are the cold pressures that you will drive out into the pit lane with.

I calculated a figure of 3530.52 Newtons per corner of the 1440kg V8Supercar. I didn't try to alter the figure for front to rear weight distribution because the V8's can achieve close to 50/50 with fuel onboard and I was trying to get a ball park set of numbers for the one type of tyre. Once I'd arrived at the ballpark it was then a matter of tweaking (fudging) those numbers a little to achieve the right 'flatness' at the optimal pressure. This was trial and error testing over a period of time. The pressure adjustments in the garage allow for the load difference on each tyre which is affected by a number of different conditions, such as fuel load, downforce, track surface and layout, etc.

Now temperatures are another area of difficulty because these pressure numbers along with a multitude of other parameters all have an effect on the tyre temps. Change just one parameter and the whole lot goes out of whack. I find the tyre temps can usually be maintained if you find the 'sweet spot' setup for each track - not that I've done that for many tracks myself :). Tyre temps is one of those areas that may well be revised in future V8 Physics as it is so difficult to get just right. It varies so much from track to track, setup to setup, driver to driver, etc.. Hopefully community feedback will help.

Hey guys, Anyone keen on sharing there lap times for some track's you have drove on 1.3

For me i havnt had alot of time to get prac in but thats the beauty of League not starting till feb :veryhappy:

The few lap's ive down around each track ive done.

Bathurst - 2:07:7 - 120L Fuel
Adelaide - 1:30:009 - 70L Fuel
Eastern Creek Laser - 1:31:6 - 80L Fuel

Ill get some actual prac in and have another crack

Cheer's, Corey #16

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline