Tyre pressure advice

Keith Gregg

CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE
Common sense tells me what I think should be happening to the tyres when I increase or decrease tyre pressures...but could someone in the know suggest some of the pro's and con's of increasing/decreasing pressures etc in Assetto in laymans terms :)
Many thanks
Regards

Bigger pressure = higher top speed, better precision
Lower pressure = a bit more heat

Just keep them at 33 for GT3 and 35 for GT2 and all is good. AC as a tad sensitive to optimum tire pressures lap time wise... And they only allow 1 psi increments :mad:

That depends on how you drive s73. It might lower the temperatures if you're not sliding, but increased sliding from less grip will make them hotter than before. Like in all instances, you're not looking for a secret setting that solves all the problems, rather, you're looking for a compromise between grip and heat.

One thing I will say, is that lower pressures cool faster than higher pressures.

We still have a few cars doing 'silly' things at the default tire pressures.
The new Porsche GT3 feels great right out of the box.
The tires are compliant and when you ride a curb, the car responds well and as it should.
The Praga R1 and some others on the other hand, will sometimes still tend to want to rotate on curb contact with the left front tire....even on camber left turn.
It may be time to go back and have a look at some of those cars.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back