F1 2011 tyre numbers

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
hey i was just wondering when you select a tyre before a race when choosing your race strategy what do the numbers inside and outside of the tyres represent, i know they represent something to do with the life of the tyres but am really confused...

Otherwise, you will not see drivers weave or burnout before a race start or during the outlap before a qualifying run. They would be gingerly accelerating out of the pits and around the track.
You are so fixated on this weaving and burnouts... they're doing it for temperature. Not to scrub the tires. And that phase 1, 2, and 3 you referenced... also refers to temperature. Doesn't refer to wear level of specific compound until phase 3. And it also refers to race condition, not qualifying.

I just watched qualifying sessions of Japanese Grand Prix again. In Q3, everyone set their fastest lap on first timed lap with brand new option tires. NONE of them weaved nor did burnouts on their outlap. And NONE of them ran second lap on same tire.

Optimum grip is immediately provided on options tires. First lap (outlap) is slow and slippery because of low temperature, not because it's sticker and has some sheen on it. Second lap (first timed lap) is the "golden lap" as they call it. That's how it is in the actual F1 this season and that's what CM developers tried to emulate as they confirmed. Whether they succeeded is different story but outer number being the optimal grip indeed is their intention.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 140 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%