F1 2011 Type of controller needed to play F1 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
What type of a controller is needed to play F1 2010/11 ? I mean does it require 2 analogue sticks,4 direction buttons,8 action buttons,1 start key and 1 select key ? Is any controller having these keys compatible with the game ? I have seen a good controller from Frontech and Enter.

atari-2600-controller.jpg

This is the one you describe force india maniac as paul has shown you, that will seriously get you around the track fast.

NOT!

not sure why you said a stick haha, they are for flying games not racing games, you can always get a PS2 controller with a converter for whatever platform you are on(although you would have to have Traction Control on Etc... or the best option is buy a steering wheel, the racing is experience is 100% better.

Well, he doesnt mention which platform he is playing on, budget etc, so I was being a daft. Its early and im still grouchy that the americans are busy playing 2011.

Personally, I use a combination of these controllers -

powerglovepax.jpg
Hand_Contoller_Trigger_Type_thumb.jpg

My virtual hat is tipped to anyone who can play with a joypad with manual gears.

I still do on the xbox, until my copy of 2011 turns up for my race pc :p

i bought an xbox wheel, but it hd no ffb, so it was pointless. i built the PC to race 2011 (and rfactor) on instead!

Nothing specuial though,

athlon II x2 255 - 3.1ghz,
4gb ram,
ati hd 57?? gpu

doenst need anything bettter gfx wise, im using a projector @ 1600x1200

I still do on the xbox, until my copy of 2011 turns up for my race pc :p

Oh, ok then.....

My virtual hat is tipped to anyone apart from James Chant who can play with a joypad with manual gears.

Thats better :D :D

athlon II x2 255 - 3.1ghz,
4gb ram,
ati hd 57?? gpu

You mean you havent thrown 32gb of Ram at it? Hehe. Nah seriously sounds like a perfectly capable rig for playing console ports.
I have mild anxiety over my crossfire 4870s capability - or whether I will even be able to run crossfire. In Dirt3 it causes glitches that make the entire track flash like a strobe light when its raining. Holds breath till 00:01 Friday.......im turning blue.....

I used to have a PC G25 set-up in the spare room until we made room for the arrival of my daughter (a bit more important...), but now i'm manual on console with joypad, I use R1 (change up) and L1 (change down). Not ideal but you get used to it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%