Type of acceleration ???

Hello,

I drive actually the seat leon for the WTCC, but before that I tried the BMW but I was always in trouble during the acceleration.

For this kind of car (BMW), when and how the best driver take a turn ? At what moment starting the acceleration (in the middle of the turn or at the end) ? And did they accelerate progressively or not ?

Thanks a lot !
Seb

• Kyrill Verheij

No thanks ;) google is my friend :D

My tactick is when I'm practicing i try to acclerate as soon as possible, when thats not possible i try it again but then a tiny bit later.. till I get the right corner, But I like that.. maybe it suxs :( Im not a top-expert at racing :p sorry

But yust keep practicing.. thats the best way to learn a track ;) the more you practicing the better you drive

Yep, the RWD BMW is less forgiving than the Seat when you get on the gas coming out of turns. With the FWD Seat (or the Peugeot in WTCC '06 class), you can nail the gas without fear of losing the rear.

So easier to control but front wheels tire wear can be... hehe... a little problematic during an endurance race... :)

Ultimately though, RWD cars demand a little more smoothness and driving them will help you become a better driver. :laugh2:

• Kyrill Verheij

I think you can better begin whit a fwd and after a time you can drive good go try rwd, cause its much harder the bmw..

The only problem I got whit fwd is that my tyres are getting worn at lap 10, my tyres are getting 110 left and 100 right xD so a little problem for me

With the FWD Seat (or the Peugeot in WTCC '06 class), you can nail the gas without fear of losing the rear.

Right. But you should tell a beginner that it won't make him faster. Even a FWD car has to be controlled smooth, also on the gas. Because if you nail the gas from the middle of a narrow first gear turn, the front wheels will loose grip and pull you out of the corner in a straight line, before the turn ends. So you also have to accelerate progressivly. But not the much carefull and progressive like with a RWD, that's right.

Right. But you should tell a beginner that it won't make him faster. Even a FWD car has to be controlled smooth, also on the gas. Because if you nail the gas from the middle of a narrow first gear turn, the front wheels will loose grip and pull you out of the corner in a straight line, before the turn ends. So you also have to accelerate progressivly. But not the much carefull and progressive like with a RWD, that's right.

Ok thank you, actually i didn't accelerate progressivly. I will try to do it like you said that maybe why I go offen out of the track.

When I said 'nail the gas', i may have exaggerated... lol

I just meant that the difference between the BMW and the SEAT when you get on the gas coming out of a turn is quite significant and that what you can get away with in the SEAT definitely won't cut it with a powerful RWD... :Banane15:

When I said 'nail the gas', i may have exaggerated... lol

I just meant that the difference between the BMW and the SEAT when you get on the gas coming out of a turn is quite significant and that what you can get away with in the SEAT definitely won't cut it with a powerful RWD... :Banane15:

I made some practise with the seat, and it is quite better to accelerate progressively at the end of a turn.
Thank you.

A good way to learn if your using the right lines and hit the throttle fast enough is to use time trial. Set it so that you can see your racing line and your ghost and then try to get faster then yourself time and time again by trying out different lines and tweaking your setup after you get consistent.

I tend to use this a lot and it is a very easy way to see where I am either loosing or winning those .100 or .010 of seconds on the track.

Download a time trial from others as well so you can see there lines and where they are faster or slower.

A good way to learn if your using the right lines and hit the throttle fast enough is to use time trial. Set it so that you can see your racing line and your ghost and then try to get faster then yourself time and time again by trying out different lines and tweaking your setup after you get consistent.

I tend to use this a lot and it is a very easy way to see where I am either loosing or winning those .100 or .010 of seconds on the track.

Download a time trial from others as well so you can see there lines and where they are faster or slower.

This is very true. When I began playing GTR evo, I learned a lot from racing against my ghost and trying different trajectories, different braking points and different gear shifting.

Getting a time trial from somebody else that is faster than you is also interesting but make sure it is with the same car than you're driving or at least a similar one. To evaluate how you are really doing on a track and help you improve you don't want to race against the ghost of a car with much more or much less horse power than you, different characteristics etc... Your race line may end up being different depending on the type of car you're driving, as will your gearing and definitely your braking points.

The theory is always that easy... it's totally different when you practice or even more when you compete, when you feel the pressure of other driver who is pushing you on each corner...

You're right but are we talking about racing here? :wink2: We're talking about fundamentals without which it is difficult to race, let alone control your car and be fast on a track on your own. This is why a beginner must practice over and over again, run a lot of laps with different cars on different tracks until he doesn't have to think any more about these things...

Obviously, when you're racing you have other things to concentrate on... :dance2:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 245 13.5%