twom more small open-wheelers in next build

I have to admit that it looks great in the video.
And to the contrary of people who are allways criticising iRacing for its aged graphics I have allways thought that both inside cockpit and in replays there is something like "being on a real track" no other racing game can offer at the moment.:)

I dont know how they do it - and when I compare it to the more "smashing graphics" from modern game engines :whistling: I have concluded that it has little to do with advances in graphics engine gadgets alone.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: It must be some miracle powder iRacings track and environment layouters is breathing all over the tracks when they convert the laser scans to virtuel tracks.
Postulate: no other racing game dev is able to do it so convincing.:thumbsup:

But I have also to admit that I dont understand people who pay for membership + car/tracks - just for playing with the AI bots.
It is just like someone who buy a complete racing car for RL trackdays + pay the fee for the whole weekend on the track - and then just sit watching the others in the pit satisfied by not being challenged and threatened by real trackday drivers.:roflmao::roflmao:

But I have also to admit that I dont understand people who pay for membership + car/tracks - just for playing with the AI bots.
@Eckhart von Glan
Yeah I understand what you are saying - and I have also seen that Im not the only one who cant really understand such peoples priorities.
Because if you just want to compete with AI bots there are a lot of cheaper possibilities - than iRacing.

But again. Then Im probably one in a minority who dont get even the slighest kick of "racing" against AI bots.
Even in my first longlasting sim fiance the GTP mod for NR2003 I almost never started the stupid AIs up. Because its my honest position that even todays best AI bots are not "intelligent". They are plain stupid algoritms who in different situations act just according to scripted "decisions" based on a few variables.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Even if I sound like a fundamental nay-sayer to any AI influence in racing games then Im following the development of more intelligent AIs in as example the neural AI in MotoGP. Because if things go right in the future here then maybe AI bots could be something more creative than todays simple algoritms.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 483 39.0%