Two RaceDept Servers online

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Hi all,

We have put 2 RaceDept servers online with some variation in difficulties.
  • RaceDepartment.com #PRO - Full distance, no driving aids and dry weather
  • RaceDepartment.com #ACE - Full distance, no driving aids, cockpit view and changeable weather
Have a nice day

WHY??? I am very dissapointed about this... don't want to start another preferred driving view discussion in here (there is allready a big one over at RSC, with lots of opinions and views) but IMHO this is a huge step back... :(:(:(

Then just pick the PRO server with has almost the same settings but without cockpitview.
Looking at the daily population the ACE server has a lot of people entering. A lot of forced cockpitview drivers and no rammers. Seems that for public races ill go for cockpitview

I just think that dividing the community up like that is a bad thing. What you're saying by this is that people that don't drive with cockpit view are not ACE drivers, I almost feel insulted about that.

To remake my point from the RSC thread: I use hood view because I consider that the most realistic view. For me the desk I sit at and my steering wheel are my cockpit, my computer screen is my carscreen. Also I like hood view more because it gives me a better sensation of speed. If you look at the thread at RSC you'll see there are more very valid points at why people choose some other view than cockpit. It's a matter of opinion and personal preference and I think it is a very bad thing to split up a community about that... it's not big enough for it. Deviding between experienced drivers and beginners sounds good to me, but dividing the experienced drivers even more... bad idea IMHO...

But of course I don't call the shots around here, it's your party ;). And as long as it's just at the public servers I don't care as I hardly race on them anyway. I just sincerely hope this isn't gonna reflect on the events or the upcoming racing leagues.

Leagues and event are always free view. I am not a fan of cockpitview myself (always drive bonnet in every game) but there is also a big crowd of topdrivers that only drives on cockpitforced servers. With the four servers online there is plenty of room for everybody to drive what suits him/her

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%