Two questions about the clark TSTs

Hi,

I am in the midst of upgrading my tactile solution with a redesign of my seat and pedal plates to incorporate steel spring and rubber type isolation and I have taken the plunge and ordered a TST239 and TST329 along with a NX1000D to accompany my two BK LFEs and NX3000D.

So far so good, I am basically only waiting for the TSTs to arrive, but already wanted to work on the plates. I cannot find a drill schematic for the round unimount plates I am planning to use on the Clark website though. Does anyone have that kind of drawing, so I can work on the seat and pedal plates?

The second question I wanted to raise is, are the LFEs and TSTs working in phase, given i will mount both hanging upside down or do i need to set a 180 degrees phase shift in the amps?

Thanks for helping me out!

Chris

So as far as I understand, the LFE should be 180 degrees if mounted upside down, and normal if mounted upright. The TST's are designed up hang upside down, with the sticker pointing to the floor on recommendation of tactile guru Mr Latte. Given this information, leaving the TST at 0 degrees would be the way I'd understand to apply the phase.

The mount for the TST is pretty straight forward. You get mounting hardware with it and there are a couple of options. I've mounted mine to a piece of timber which is then mounted to the seat frame. I simply drilled a hole for the bolt to hang off and that's pretty much it. I'd wait until the TST's are with you before doing anything. The way I did it will not work on anything other than timber.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Anton!

So far i had the LFEs upside down at 0 degrees, but that should not really matter if only one device is active, right? Will change that to LFE 180deg and TST 0deg, once the TSTs arrive though.

Regarding the drilling, sure i will wait until they arrive, but i was always cad-ing my pedal and seat plates with the respective mounting holes etc., that way it is much easier to plan and not make mistakes in my opinion. For basically all other devices these drawings are available, but it is not a big deal after all.

I plan to use the "Unimount"-disc and bolt it directly to my pedal and seat plates, same as i did with the LFEs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah no dramas. The TST mount is basically a single 10mm bolt, there is a very small footprint for them as far as the actual fixing goes. So you shouldn't need to do very much for them other than make sure there is enough clearance for them where you intend to mount them. I'd suggest using their mounting hardware and just choose the correct type for the material you're mounting to. I had this question too when I bought mine and when I saw what they give you, it made more sense.

Upvote 0
Sorry I’m asking why they are more expensive than the other bass shakers?
Clark's main client is the US military.

They do seem to be more powerful than equivalent watt rated ones from other brands. I have a 209 and 239 and honestly the 209 seems like the most sensible option at nearly half the price of 239 but like 90% the oomph

Upvote 0
I went with the 239 for the pedal deck and the 329 for the seat.

I could not bring myself to pay north of 550USD for the 429, so i chose the 329. Maybe the 209 would also have been the more sensible pick instead of the 239, but my ego prevented me buying the lowest end model :cautious:

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years