Two New Environments for Trackmania 2

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Nadeo recently released plans for 3 new additions to Maniaplanet. The first isn't really new, merely a new Beta build on the Shootmania Storm game. But the other two are more in line with RaceDepartment.

For all those traditional Trackmania racers out there, the legend is back: Stadium. The environment that has single handedly seen 12 million people play it will again lead the Free-to-Play section of the game. It will stay true to its roots, the cars are the same, speed is the same, the insane tracks are still going to be mind boggling, but the game will see a graphics improvement and extra tools that the racers will be able to use.

Along with the announcement of Stadium, Nadeo also announced an entirely new environment: Valley. And when you have a new environment, you need a new car. The Valley car is undoubtedly a rally car, 3 high powered lights on the front make sure that it isn't left to your imagination. Because of this, we can see this as a successor to the Rally environment, the cars are similar, but while the old Rally car is quite a boxy little thing, the new Valley car is easy on the eyes, it looks like it has just come off a long ago stage. But enough about the car, the racing side of it is what we're interested in. From the look of the video on release, it looks like just about every other Trackmania game. Crazy tracks and jumps that a normal car would never survive. But behind the video, first impressions are that it is not like every other TM game. Nadeo founder Florent Castelnerac had this to say of the new environment: "Some people say we are making a car racing game for the first time with Valley. Before it's been crazy crazy - now it's just driving crazy."

Time will tell as to whether us racers will feel quite the same to Valley as Castelnerac would have us believe, but without a doubt, Trackmania is back, and won't be leaving us for a while.

[youtube]

[youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

In my opinion this could kill stadium, or re-unite it with more players. I would presume they will take down the current tmnf/tmuf servers to force people to buy tm2:stadium. This could work well, or it could flop. We shall see.......

In my opinion this could kill stadium, or re-unite it with more players. I would presume they will take down the current tmnf/tmuf servers to force people to buy tm2:stadium. This could work well, or it could flop. We shall see.......
well, it is possible that they will take down the TMUF/TMNF servers, but they don't have to buy Stadium, it's free. If they don't feel inclined to buying the rest, they don't need to.

well, it is possible that they will take down the TMUF/TMNF servers, but they don't have to buy Stadium, it's free. If they don't feel inclined to buying the rest, they don't need to.

TM2: Stadium will be free? I presumed it would be the same price as Canyon.

Then I'm pretty certain they will close the servers after a month or so after release, which will force everyone to ManiaPlanet where everything is together in one world. Let's just hope they can push the game like they did with Shootmania to make it an eSport like Nations used to be.

Hopefully they take all the feedback from the pro players during the beta to get it back to being a big part of eSports. :)

TM2: Stadium will be free? I presumed it would be the same price as Canyon.

Then I'm pretty certain they will close the servers after a month or so after release, which will force everyone to ManiaPlanet where everything is together in one world. Let's just hope they can push the game like they did with Shootmania to make it an eSport like Nations used to be.

Hopefully they take all the feedback from the pro players during the beta to get it back to being a big part of eSports. :)
I think the idea is to entice people who are still playing TMUF (like me) into buying TM2, by letting them play with the familiar stadium environment and getting them to buy the other environments because they will see the improvements and decide that they want to try the other environments. I believe that's the theory anyway...

yo stadium 2? I'm hooked already, when can I play it.
yeah, forgot to mention that, currently it is in Beta, but they are looking for testers and you can join up for it here: http://www.trackmania.com/stadium/

I think the idea is to entice people who are still playing TMUF (like me) into buying TM2, by letting them play with the familiar stadium environment and getting them to buy the other environments because they will see the improvements and decide that they want to try the other environments. I believe that's the theory anyway...
yep, i agree with that theory

Yes I agree, but many of those Freezone players may stop playing when they see they need to buy the game. Maybe they will implement Freezone into TM2 stadium also, I don't know.

Aslong as they keep the gameplay mostly the same, and fix the god damn rammstein bugs when you're about to get a WR! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back