Two more thaangs....

Been pretty busy over winter break.

I have been working on two more projects for RACER

First: Aviva Kenosha - a subcompact that places more emphasis on price, value, and comfort rather than style or dynamics. Power will come from a 1.3L engine producing 100HP.

niights.jpg

niights1.jpg

niights3.jpg

Lots of room (rear seat may have to come forward; headroom is a bit iffy)

niights4.jpg

Second: Aviva Viten (or LaPeuda, haven't chosen a name yet)

A rakish C-segment sedan/coupe slotting above the allegro in price and performance, but smaller inside than the subcompact Kenosha. Think VW CC but Jetta based instead of Passat based. Power comes from a 3.0L V6 at the front wheels (possibly AWD, not sure yet).

niights5.jpg

niights6.jpg

niights7.jpg

niights8.jpg

niights9.jpg

Started two new models, a Hatchback, and a sedan counterpart.

Made some real progress today...got a lot of the interior done.

evar.jpg

evar1-1.jpg

evar2.jpg

evar3.jpg

Made progress on this one.....the hatch will be the sportier, more driver focused car, while this sedan will will be about comfort, space, and value.

evar5.jpg

evar6.jpg

evar7.jpg

evar8.jpg

evar9.jpg

Made some sporty little rims today.

austere.jpg

austere3.jpg

austere4.jpg

I messed with the proportions, and I'm trying to make it better looking. Now the oversize puts it directly comparable to a Camry.

austere2.jpg

However, these wheels only really look good on FWD, tall-ish cars. On the RWD coupe I'm in the process of, they look goofy.....

austere5.jpg

Last updates for a little while:

Small hatch. Just really refining the shape. Remodeled the rear, to exaggerate the rear reverse kink. Started on the interior. Made wheel arches round, created dead panel at the rear window. Now it'll realistically roll down. Added mirrors. New seats.

blow.jpg

blow1.jpg

blow2.jpg

blow3.jpg

Small boxy hatch. Since I really had gotten very far on this car, I wanted to save it. I straightened out the roofline and made a sort of xB or Cube to the small hatch. Boxier, more practical than the hatch, but not as good to drive.

blow4.jpg

blow7.jpg

blow5.jpg

blow6.jpg

I've done some serious work on these, most notably on the inside. The hatch is getting closer and closer to being done. I think the "eyeliner" at the rear of the hatch looks good, but I'm not too sure how well it works on the other two variants. For the interior, I used Japanese Toyotas and Hondas for inspiration; not only for simplicity and ease of modeling, but for design as well. Some new interiors are really fussy. I removed the huge digital information readout for gauges, and went for a more traditional analog clusters. (Speedo will still be digital)

Also, I started to make other variants, most notably a sedan and station wagon. I wanna make a 3-door, too.

Flat, two point perspective side view. Keep this in mind; it makes overhangs look longer than they are.

Solien.jpg

Hatch
Solien2.jpg

Solien1.jpg

Sedan
Solien5.jpg

Solien4.jpg

Wagon
Solien6.jpg

Solien7.jpg

Interior
Solien3.jpg

Not too sure how the "eyeliner" works on the sedan.

Hmmm now it looks more proportional, looks better!

I would suggest you to do another front grille design, cause actual remembers a lot a nose of a pig face (not ironic). Your bumper grille + headlights contribute for this aspect. Modifying the hood grille will kill my opnion :D It's easy!

But the sedan looks a lot better than old one.

Oh, and manual windows??? it will be a cheaper car? blergh!

I love your rim design. As already said, your exterior styling is very unique. The design is very organic but for my taste the front overhangs are too long and the cars themselves are lowered to such an extend that passing speed bumps should be tricky :D
Imo the highlight of your cars are the front view and the rims.

Model is really close.

Also, I made some steel wheels and created some hubcaps to go over top of them.

heady0.jpg

heady.jpg

heady1.jpg

Since modeling typeface was going to be intensely frustrating and unlikely to look good, I used google sketchup's 3D text option and just imported it into blender.

heady2.jpg

Wheels

heady3.jpg

heady4.jpg

heady5.jpg

heady6.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back