F1 2010 Two installs of F1 2010

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Is it possible to install F1 2010 on a PC? I would like to have a clean install and one with mods as a test bed to see how the mods work. My current game is located in :/ProgramFiles/Codemasters. I am sure that I can direct the install to a different path, but I was wondering what about the files that automatically go to MyDocument/MyGames/FormulaOne.

Unfortunately no. I personally only use it for the ai mods and the autosave fix so that I can play online and play a good singleplayer. I'm not sure what mods you are testing. If you are serious about the multi installs, I would do a fresh install of the game (or check integrity of the files in steam, which restores the original game, if you use steam.) Then I would use the mod manager for everything.

Unfortunately no. I personally only use it for the ai mods and the autosave fix so that I can play online and play a good singleplayer. I'm not sure what mods you are testing. If you are serious about the multi installs, I would do a fresh install of the game (or check integrity of the files in steam, which restores the original game, if you use steam.) Then I would use the mod manager for everything.

Thanks for the reply. I don't use Stream as I am not an online player. Lucky for me I am only three races into my second season, so a reinstall and starting over would not be a killer.

Surely you can save off your game progress in my docs and then reintroduce it once you have done the fresh install?

Alternatively, if you know what mods you have installed, then it will be easy to see which original files you need to roll back. Im sure someone on here would gladly upload the originals to save you having to install from scratch.

Ill do it for you if you can tell me which mods you currently have, no worries.

Actually, I did copy each original folder that was going to be modified and save them in a backup directory. So I could simply copy and paste them back to there original location and I would have it back to the unmolested state.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%