Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, so it's NOT laser scanned as they claim, but using LIDAR data, two completely different things.

This is laser scanned, and it takes more than sitting in your chair

And from the post above, I can add all these

View attachment 375803
View attachment 375804
View attachment 375805
View attachment 375806
View attachment 375807
View attachment 375808

This is just terrible for any quality standard, what a ripoff.

Honestly, I wanted to support Mitja, given his previous free work is a LOT better than this, but with all these accusations and obvious visual evidence I regret sending money their way. Will never purchase anything else from him or URD.
To be perfectly fair here lidar and laser scanning are indeed the same thing. However the HUGE difference is how the data is captured. Ground scanning is of very high resolution and is known as "laser scanning". Aerial capture, or "lidar", is of a lower resolution and varies depending on when and exactly how it was captured. Good aerial data is usually high enough resolution to make a very accurate track. This however not that level of data.

Again to summarize "laser scanning" and "lidar" are all the same technology. One just happens to be a marketing term. The other is the actual name of the tech.

To be perfectly fair here lidar and laser scanning are indeed the same thing. However the HUGE difference is how the data is captured. Ground scanning is of very high resolution and is known as "laser scanning". Aerial capture, or "lidar", is of a lower resolution and varies depending on when and exactly how it was captured. Good aerial data is usually high enough resolution to make a very accurate track. This however not that level of data.

Again to summarize "laser scanning" and "lidar" are all the same technology. One just happens to be a marketing term. The other is the actual name of the tech.
I get it. But like you mentioned, ground scanning, high resolution mesh is what's commonly understood as "Laser scanning", which is not the case here (it's what I pointed out in that video as well).

How do I contact you? Your profile has limited access.
SharedScreenshot.jpg

Click on "Start a conversation", you most hover above the username for that.

I might be missing something, or I'm just naive...

I bought it from URD website, yes 16.75$ CAD is a bit much, but I think it drives nice, it looks nice, my i7 4650 (yes it's old !) + 1060 can churn 80+ fps with 15 AI... so I'm enjoying it.

I must agree with the copyright comments though. IANAL, but being payware, there's a blatant problem with using official advertising. That is steeling in most civilised countries. You cannot profit using others copyrighted property.

May I suggest making an update with make believe adverts, and putting a free skin here with real billboards... that would solve this issue... and some criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back