Twelve Oaks (work in progress)

Tracks Twelve Oaks (work in progress) 0.7.26

Login or Register an account to download this content
Christian Speed updated Twelve Oaks (work in progress) with a new update entry:

New section: COAST & many updates

- new optional track section: COAST; track length with coast section is now 7.5 km (AI, 20 pits, map)
- complete new guard rails / corner signs
- improved safety for AI at obstacles
- tunnel section & Mono Motor Service beautified
- many gap fixes

Feedback regarding the made up layout of COAST in the discussion section is much appreciated as I have no first impression. Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Your track is really good to drive. The obstacles on the track are funny. In some places the guard rails are still missing (see picture). Personally I really like the idea with the new layout. Even though the coast section is still a bit hanging in the air ;-)
Good work so far. If the scenery will be made a little bit nicer in the future, it will be a really cool track.
AC.jpg

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, the road is still very much hanging in the air. When I don't get replies that the layout is boring or something like that, I will put it on the ground or a bridge construction.

It had been easy to put guard rails on the whole bridge. But I felt this section is quite safe. No guard rails there open the view - to the yet still not so nice scenery, you're right again. Guard rails all the way on the bridge make it feel even more like a channel or a corridor.

Do you think this section is that dangerous that it needs guard rails for a reason? I can live with a small amount of danger. For example I will put a tree as close as possible to the tarmac if only the tree is pretty. No safety regulations here. ;)

Last edited:
I can get safely over the part without rail guards, but in reallife you would definitely put some there ;-)
In the end, it is your track and therefore your decision how to design the map exactly. The road itself will get some thickness, right?

I'm really thankful for your impressions. Today I've built 18 pillars, some rock formations and another tunnel to hold the hanging road ... And I will consider to put some guard rails on the bridge. Maybe a more open construction.

Thickness of the road: It should get some thickness, yes. But as I'm new to track building and I'm using only Blender and an old Photoshop program, some things are still a mistery to me. I know a few ways to increase the height of the road, but all of them would drastically increase the amount of vertices/faces. Because of that I've put the ideas I had had so far as not smart enough aside. I will certainly have to deal with that problem.

I read on gtplanet.net in the section "Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion" from time to time. There are lots of competent people who know how to build a track. Maybe you can get some inspiration there or ask some questions (if you are not there already). Unfortunately I have no knowledge about it. I am just a user...

Somehow I'll solve it. A related problem is to get details/cracks in the road with a certain shader. That also adds 3D quality/depth/thickness. But so far my basic road (stitched together with 20 pieces and lots of Photoshop work) looked better than my multitexture creations. The pattern was too obvious there.

The thickness you meant - as I understood it (difference in elevation), I would apply only to certain sections where there is a transition to grass / dirt environment, not on bridges or channeled sections with guard rails, so you experience a small drop when you lose the road.

Last edited:
Christian Speed updated Twelve Oaks (work in progress) with a new update entry:

COAST and texture update

- complete COAST terrain update
- reflector posts for all parts of the track without guard rails; new reflector posts on dam (on guard rails)
- 34 replay cameras for COAST added
- new Rosemeyer tunnel layout, new tunnel, new towers
- textures for grand stand and most other structures
- added guard rails for remaining part of the dam (thx for suggestion!)
- fixed tarmac gaps (Mono Motor Service, exit Kubrick tunnel)

Read the rest of this update entry...

In case someone is interested, next update preview:

- lights for night racing
- more and less symetrical trees
- plausibility update regarding
a) "bridge" (it's a track on a dam so there is now an electro-hydro power plant; waterfall now drops in the "Seaman Reservoir"); thanks for feedback!
b) grand stand (stairs and bus shuffle connection to harbour added)
- terrain smoothing

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back