Tweaking PLR file for better AI

F_B

Premium
Hi there,

as I sometimes don't have enough time to wait for online races to happen or I just want to have a fast race you're somewhat dependent on decent AI behaviour. Recently I started a Formula Classic custom championship I noticed that they are too weak on 100% difficulty. Even raising it to 103% wasn't the solution. Imo the AI braked much too early and was too slow in the corners. However we still have the possibility to tweak the PLR file (under Game Options in the file), which has some AI parameters which can be adjusted. In the following I just want to share mine. Please feel free to comment or post your tweaks if you have some! For some items I don't have any idea what they might influence...

AI Power Calibration="7" // Adjustments with AI strength (0=none, or add the following: 1=power, 2=gearing, 4=fuel)
AI Fuel Mult="0.99000" // Additional fuel multiplier for AIs because of their driving style
AI Tire Model="0.40000" // 0.0 = use AI peak slip, 1.0 = use player's dynamic slip, or a blend between the two (can be overrode in TBC with AITireModel)
AI Brake_Power Usage="2.00000" // Fraction of theoretical brake power that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)
AI Brake_Grip Usage="0.20000" // Fraction of theoretical brake grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)
AI Corner_Grip Usage="1.40000" // Fraction of theoretical cornering grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)
AI Max Load="30000.00000" // Maximum total load to set up theoretical performance tables (can be overrode in HDV)
AI Min Radius="20.00000" // Minimum radius turn to set up theoretical performance tables (can be overrode in HDV)
AI to AI Collision Rate="40" // Detection rate per second (1-40) for AI-to-AI collisions
Auto Line Smooth="3" // 1 = fastest line, 2 = inside/outside, 3 = fastest and inside/outside
AI Limiter="0.00000" // Range: 0.0 (no limiting) - 1.0 (limiting used to make racing closer but also make more driver differences on flat-out tracks)
AI Mistakes="0.25000" // a range of (intentional) AI mistakes from 0.0 (none) to 1.0 (sometimes). Anything above 1.0 multiplies the frequency
AI Realism="0.25000"

I assume that these might vary from car to car.

Is there anything in here that can make them more likely to respond to tire wear with incrementally slower lap times? I've yet to find a way to see them do anything but get faster as time wears on in a race basically like they get the benefits of less fuel as its burned but don't get slowed down by the tires wearing out.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 210 14.3%