Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Marsden

• Andy Marsden

gtl-flyer4.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TVR Griffith
Track: Mondello Park International (Default)
Weather: Dry
Practice: 1900 GMT
Qualification: 1930 GMT
Race: 2000 GMT (2x12 laps)
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's 2 Golden Rules:

1.If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents.

2.Late sign outs or no-shows prevent others from entering club events. Some series have really hot seats and can be filled with ease for two or three times. If this happens too many times we are forced to terminate your club account immediately. Last sign out possibility is 1 hour prior to the start of the event (practice).

Not following these rules will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Matt Crouch
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Stuart Thomson
  4. Simon Bacon
  5. Knut Omdal Tveito
  6. Warren Dawes
  7. Amir Margalit
  8. Ben Tusting
  9. David Cuthill
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver
Reserves:

1. Andy Marsden
2. Driver
3. Driver
4. Driver

Barely managed 5 clean laps (8 secs slower than AI) and the sweat was pouring......how the the hell do you keep these things honest?:noidea:

No good asking me Simon, I haven't even tried one lap yet. However, I have tried to drive these monsters on easy tracks and failed, and I know Mondello is very tough in an easy car. Maybe this will be a survival challenge?? :rotfl:

• Andy Marsden

Gah!
Had to bump myself down to reserves as I may be out on Thursday evening.
Ah well if I can't make it i'll see you all at Cadwell on Saturday :good:

• Andy Marsden

POINT TO NOTE GUYS: After disussions with Stu it turns out I misjudged the length of this circuit (relative to the speed of the car) and therefore the lap count has been adjusted from 16 to 12 for both races.

Seriously, I would say that lowering the diff lock value was the single thing I did that helped me the most to tame (a bit !) the excessive wheelspin that these things can throw out.

Caveat emptor, though - That was my biggest issue, if yours is something else, it may make it worse.

Simon scared me into trying a few laps to see what I was in for. I have to agree with Stu's advice here, lowering the diff lock helped me keep it on the track, after destroying 5 cars on the opening lap attempts. I was about to ask the local TVR rep if I could swap it for a second hand Alfa too :laugh2::laugh2:.
Strangely, the slower I took things, the better my lap times, those 10 to 20 second excursions into the walls were hurting a bit :quiet:.
I even found that short shifting was a help.

Glad to see what I found helped actually seems to be a worthwhile tweak :D .

I even had a go forcing "long" ratios to try and cut down on the torque a bit, but that was virtually the same, there's just so much power to the weight, and - crucially for handling - such a short wheelbase, that it's lairy whatever you do to it.

You just need to look at the accelerator a bit funny and round you go.

I made the mistake of choosing the TVR for the GTC-65 race when GTL racing was resurrected here. It was quite a handful and that was just Goodwood.

Stupid sentimentality on my part, I grew up with TVR cars living within spitting distance of the old Blackpool factory. Went to school each morning past the factory and my first job was at TVR.

In GTL they live up to their reputation of wanting to kill you at every turn and most straights, lol.

• Matt Crouch

that was hard...
race 1 me and simon battled for last place for a while, taking it in turns to spin, but spent probably most of it on my own
race 2 fared a little better - managed my first lap under 2 minutes, skipping 1:59 altogether and going for a 1:58 - until lap 8 or 9 when it became spin spin spin spin... either it was concentration, tyres or a combination of both.

thanks for the event :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years