TVR Griffith 200

Cars TVR Griffith 200 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
pctm_00 submitted a new resource:

TVR Griffith 200 - lightweight fibreglass-body 60's sports car.

View attachment 297752
The story of the TVR Griffith is now stuff of legend. Supposedly, or so the story goes, North American racing driver and TVR USA importer Gerry Sagerman was having his personal race car, a MkIII Grantura, fettled in the workshop run by Jack Griffith at the same time as former TVR racer Mark Donohue was having his AC Cobra serviced there. Allegedly, Griffith’s mechanics swapped the engines “because they could” and although the transplant didn’t quite work,...

Read more about this resource...

If anyone wants to make proper 289 sounds there might be a useful link or two in this lot (it's a bunch of youtube links)

Attachments

• 289sounds.txt
    950 bytes · Views: 337
Incredible mod. Superb. Shaky wipers is a very powerful argument for realism.

Found one issue. No alpha channel on rim blur

And shadows from the tree are inside the car upsidedown

Attachments

• Screenshot_tvr_griffith_200_ks_silverstone_23-3-119-0-23-12.jpg
    Screenshot_tvr_griffith_200_ks_silverstone_23-3-119-0-23-12.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 427
  • Screenshot_tvr_griffith_200_thomson_23-3-119-1-34-21.jpg
    Screenshot_tvr_griffith_200_thomson_23-3-119-1-34-21.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Lovely angry little car. The default setup feels a bit odd for me though. Max camber on the rear, very little on the front, pretty even springrates front/rear and diff with more power than coast lock? Also in setup screen the 4th gear ratio adjuster seems bugged/missing as the text is there but the setting isn't? Cockpit also feels a bit dark (low exposure value in car.ini?). I really like how the car skids on four wheel slide through corners, feels very much like you see some of the cars in goodwood stream. Model looks good too!

Lovely angry little car. The default setup feels a bit odd for me though. Max camber on the rear, very little on the front, pretty even springrates front/rear and diff with more power than coast lock? Also in setup screen the 4th gear ratio adjuster seems bugged/missing as the text is there but the setting isn't? Cockpit also feels a bit dark (low exposure value in car.ini?). I really like how the car skids on four wheel slide through corners, feels very much like you see some of the cars in goodwood stream. Model looks good too!
The 4th gear has a ratio of 1.00 as here:
https://historicdb.fia.com/sites/de...201/homologation_form_number_206_group_gt.pdf

My personal preference for setup is stiffer front wheelrate (46nm IIRC) and stiffer ARB by 1 click. I haven't messed about with camber much but I remember when I added more negative front camber in an earlier physics version it felt more sketchy which is probably why I have left it alone since :p

My comment about the 4th gear was that I just thought the setup menu was missing the gear ratio adjuster button for the 4th gear but I just looked it wrong.

As for setup the reason you can not add more front grip (add front camber) is because the rear of the car has so little. Here's what I changed to get more rear grip:
front wheelrate to 46, front arb to 10150 and rear arb to 0. Then on the diff reduce power side from 45% to 20%. Add 1 click rebound on the rear to make it more stable under braking. Then max out front negative camber and reduce maybe on the rear to get more grip out of corners. After that it even understeers occasionally :p.

Chucking this little beauty round Deutschlandring was so much fun. That V8 bark is reminiscent of the Cerbera Speed 12 and pure TVR. Would love a more modern Griffith too.

My comment about the 4th gear was that I just thought the setup menu was missing the gear ratio adjuster button for the 4th gear but I just looked it wrong.

As for setup the reason you can not add more front grip (add front camber) is because the rear of the car has so little. Here's what I changed to get more rear grip:
front wheelrate to 46, front arb to 10150 and rear arb to 0. Then on the diff reduce power side from 45% to 20%. Add 1 click rebound on the rear to make it more stable under braking. Then max out front negative camber and reduce maybe on the rear to get more grip out of corners. After that it even understeers occasionally :p.
I only tried it at Deutschlandring so far but I like your setup a lot through the hilclimb section there. Much better in the slower corners, thx!

Hey @pctm_00 this is a really great looking mod! I absolutely LOOOOOOOOOVE these type of cars from an era where real men were smoking cigarettes in the pits while refueling these cars from open bottles, their wifes working on their tan while noting down lap times and engines sounded right ;-)

I especially like your choice of probably the ultimate underdog car. I love TVRs ;-)

Here is a few tiny little things I would love to see in a future update if you find the time to do so:

1) Please separate the rear lights into separate objects for LEFT and RIGHT (in the rear as well as the front).

2) Please separate the three warning / indicator lights on the dashboard into three separate objects (i.e. dash_light_1, 2 and 3 or even better indicate in their name what they were used for in the real car - do you know what these were used for ?)

3) Please correct the TOTALMASS value in the car.ini (or the "weight" in ui_car.json, depending on which of the two is correct - the TOTALMASS value in car.ini has to have a driver weight of 75kg added to the dry weight of the car, whereas the "weight" in ui_car.json should be the dry weight)

Especially the separation of 3D objects would be really sweet as people then can build highly accurate car config files with truly sweet lighting, now even with fully working hazard lights and blinkers ;-)
If you like I'd be happy to build a car config for you once these objects are separated ;-)
If you want to do it yourself of course you will find all the documentation on Ilja's shader patch discord server.

2019-03-25-154204-screenshot.jpg
2019-03-25-154242-screenshot.jpg
2019-03-25-154510-screenshot.png
2019-03-25-154131-screenshot.jpg

Please keep up the great looking work - we surely have way too few of such sweet vintage racers!

I wonder if Abbo would be up for making Grantura MK3 physics, you could probably get away with releasing them with the same model... It's only the bonnet that's kind of wrong for it. It may well be a similar pace to GTA, Giulia TZ, Fulvia and co :D

BTW it should probably be mentioned in here that the Griff' has been balanced to work with the 250 GTO at most tracks. You wouldn't tell from the AI as they are really bad in the Ferrari but it is the case :)

separated indicator and dash light meshes for next update.
should be able to make light configs to your hearts content.:thumbsup:
as for dash lights i cant remember exactly what they were (water and oil overheat maybe? and something random.) maybe @Andy-R can remember.
most of the cockpit and electronics were/are custom setups so you could just set to whatever you fancy.
will fix totalmass error too.
cheers

separated indicator and dash light meshes for next update.
should be able to make light configs to your hearts content.:thumbsup:
as for dash lights i cant remember exactly what they were (water and oil overheat maybe? and something random.) maybe @Andy-R can remember.
most of the cockpit and electronics were/are custom setups so you could just set to whatever you fancy.
will fix totalmass error too.
cheers
http://www.tvrccna.org/tvrccna.pl?page=technical
^ Griffith 200 wiring diagram might solve it.

Did you unpack the .rar to your main folder? The driver looks to have a modern sparco suit in your picture. If you did unpack the texture stuff then I may have messed up the folder structure :redface:

Completely my mistake ;-)
I was so lazy, I just installed the mod through drag and drop with Content Manager. I was so in a hurry, I didn't even check out the archive content. It is all nice and vintage clothing articles in the Griffith ;-)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%