TVR Griffith 200

Cars TVR Griffith 200 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I guess I have a weakness for anything with a Kamm tail, be it Anything Zagato has ever designed and coach built or the magnificent looking Shelby Daytona - the little Griffith makes it for me not necessarily for teh Kamm tail but for teh slightly more "wrap-over" type of rear glass design, very similar to the Alfa Romeo TZ2 (what a loooooooovely car the is).

I fully agree on the oddities the little extra details on the Griffith do to the design - the car (starting from a stock Grantura) was never a beauty queen - let's not pretend ;-) but always was rather an odd duckling.

The front end and air intake on the Mk1 Grantura above looks lovely - I like that. I still like the Cortina tail lights better, no matter how many pretty ladies you put in that car though.

Another favorite! Thank you!
Showroom_tvr_griffith_200_20-4-2019-10-19-27.jpg

@pctm_00 @Giuseppe Abagnale in case you haven't seen, SRS are running the Griff' at the moment so there are streams of the car racing on YT if you are interested. I would have participated if it was running on weekends or an hour earlier but I've watched both races live so far instead :p

@KittX
Having said that though, i have few issues with understanding the weight transfer of the car. If i try to easy tap on brakes to move the weight to the front to induce a bit of tailhappiness - the car just locks the front and understeers right away.
The brakes do lock a lot more easily than they should but it is sort of an AC engine limitation as far as I understand it. IIRC some driver comment suggested the brakes were quite effective but you have to really stand on the brake pedal to make the car slow down, in AC there is no setting to alter that behaviour. The effectiveness of the brakes was tuned around the 250GTO as it was our intention to balance the car with that Ferrari. They are very grabby so I would recommend reducing the brake power or whatever it is called in setup. The default bias is also a bit too far forward (for my liking, I use 62/63), move the bias rearward a bit and the front brakes wont be so prone to locking up and causing that understeer. Careful not to go too far though or you will be locking the rears before the fronts which could be scary in this little car :O

But once you gently accelerate every time, even in situation when the weight is properly balanced, and accelerating must straighten the car, the car becomes all over the place.
I don't think it is that bad on throttle. It is tail happy, similar to the Cobra but the Griffith is less stable and doesn't cope with being sideways quite so well as that Shelby but that is also the case in real life, it isn't as well sorted a car as the Cobra. With some mild countersteer and fairly smooth throttle input the car stays pointing in the right direction.

I think I posted this video in here already but as you can see, with a bit of countersteer it stays pointing where it should, traction is slightly better than in the 250GTO, the Griffith gets off the line better, I think it has better weight distribution than the Ferrari, I assume so anyway, the TVR is more or less front-mid engine.

(I'll hide the video behind a link as I think it is in this thread already)

Reactions: iwn
Is there a way to tune this car so it isn't constantly going back and forth. I tried the toe on back and front and it didn't help at all. I like the car a lot as I actually got a ride in one ages ago, although I think it was a six cylinder not an eight.
It just doesn't seem to like going in a straight line.

I saw your thread in the setup area and it sounds from that like it is possibly related to your general issue with straight line stability caused by your 240deg controller. Probably not helped by the fact the Griffith has quite responsive steering, a short wheelbase and a big V8 :D Have you tried stability control? No idea if it would help but might be worth a go if you havent tried.

If you use CSP there will be an update for the Griffith (CSP dependant) that will be released as a separate mod but not sure it will help with your issue or not.

Just have to wait and see. I must say though in general I do quite well with my 240 degree wheel, although like you say it can be a bit oversensitive at times.
Most other cars are pretty easy as long as you don't saw at the wheel constantly.

Have you tried Andy's set-up for the car? It went from 'grrr - undriveable!' to 'ooo - this is a lot of fun!' for me on my T500RS (and subsequent TS-PC). It might be worth a try...

Have you tried Andy's set-up for the car? It went from 'grrr - undriveable!' to 'ooo - this is a lot of fun!' for me on my T500RS (and subsequent TS-PC). It might be worth a try...
I cant take credit for that, fairly sure my setup was pretty much Ghoults setup :D

Still hope to see the above eventually released, along with a small request for wiper animations for wet Goodwood. :)

Edit: Not sure if reported, the road car skin.ini files are pointing to a "tvr" crew brand instead of the included \griffith.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years