TVR Griffith 200

Cars TVR Griffith 200 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
http://www.tvrccna.org/tvrccna.pl?page=technical
^ Griffith 200 wiring diagram might solve it.
This is very nice ;-)

It is indeed all explained - see top center in diagram:

ignition state (on/off) = RED
direction lights = AMBER
high beam lights on = GREEN

separated indicator and dash light meshes for next update.
should be able to make light configs to your hearts content.:thumbsup:
as for dash lights i cant remember exactly what they were (water and oil overheat maybe? and something random.) maybe @Andy-R can remember.
most of the cockpit and electronics were/are custom setups so you could just set to whatever you fancy.
will fix totalmass error too.
cheers
Very nice, thank you so much for adding these ;-)

Now here comes another request - much more involving I imagine:

In current shader patch builds it is possible to create part deformations after accidents.
Using this function it would be possible to have a more realistic engine cover (hood) deformation after accidents.
For this to work though there should be made an engine dummy (could be at its simplest form just a black material square box) to prevent to see into the engine compartment and find out that the Griffith has actually no engine :-O

I'll make a few screenshots to illustrate this tomorrow. For now I am experimenting with only very subtle deformation settings that do deform the hood very slightly but keep the hood shut closed so the engine compartment cannot be seen.

BTW it should probably be mentioned in here that the Griff' has been balanced to work with the 250 GTO at most tracks. You wouldn't tell from the AI as they are really bad in the Ferrari but it is the case :)

Oh yes it should be mentionned! Will definately consider this combo for our historical league. I was dreaming of a Cobra 289, but this TVR has most of it, a 289 engine in front and more power the tires can reasonably handle!

I really appreciate the historical liveries too.

separated indicator and dash light meshes for next update.
should be able to make light configs to your hearts content.:thumbsup:
as for dash lights i cant remember exactly what they were (water and oil overheat maybe? and something random.) maybe @Andy-R can remember.
most of the cockpit and electronics were/are custom setups so you could just set to whatever you fancy.
will fix totalmass error too.
cheers
I mentioned it in my review but one (hopefully) minor improvement would be a smoother wing mirror frame. Us VR users are constantly glancing at it and the current polygonal mirror surround looks a little out of place with the rest of the sublime modelling. Not sure if this is an easy fix but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Fantastic car - tons of fun!

from german wikipedia:
Interestingly enough, some braces of the Grantura chassis had to be removed to adjust the engine and transmission. Some parts of the chassis should have been bent with the hammer until the driveline fit.
:O_o:

crazy guys :cool:

and:

The immense power, the short wheelbase and the low weight of the cars made it difficult to drive.

Is it intented to be as slippery as it is? Its like driving on ice.
It can hold a corner similar to the Kunos 60's GT, the 250 GTO. I think it feels more capable in a corner than that car a lot of the time, it suffers from some instability because of its short wheelbase but it is pretty quick. We wanted to make it a bit sketchy as most articles and info about this car suggest it wasn't that well sorted. I wonder if it is the instability that you are having issues with rather than tyre grip?

You could try using Ghoults setup from the previous page. Or at least increase the stiffness of the front end.

Here is a second sneak peak of what I am working on as an add-on:

I had to had a serious talk with that Mr. Smith fella of yours. It always needs a German to fix the stuff that always breaks on British things ... ;) I won't tell more for now.

2019-03-27-173036-screenshot.png

For anyone having trouble keeping the little Griffith 200 pointed in the right direction, here is a base setup for the car I build around Laguna Seca (Content Manager direct link):
https://acstuff.ru/s/bJf3

Basically, the cars default setup from suspensions.ini is shall we say "challenging" for the current generation of GT3 car drivers :whistling:

My setup tames the car to the extend the setup.ini limits allow for.

She has got a nice butt too:
2019-03-27-200428-screenshot.jpg

2019-03-27-200508-screenshot.jpg

Here is some food for geeks - telemetry with shared setup around Laguna Seca:

Attachments

• Laguna Seca - Griffith 200 - Dirk Steffen.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 2019-03-27-200135-screenshot.png
    2019-03-27-200135-screenshot.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 2019-03-27-200151-screenshot.png
    2019-03-27-200151-screenshot.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 2019-03-27-200224-screenshot.png
    2019-03-27-200224-screenshot.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 2019-03-27-200135-screenshot.png
    2019-03-27-200135-screenshot.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 2019-03-27-200151-screenshot.png
    2019-03-27-200151-screenshot.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 2019-03-27-200224-screenshot.png
    2019-03-27-200224-screenshot.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 112
I don't suppose you got lap times for both the Griffith and 250GTO there did you? I'm interested to see how they stack up at different circuits. We did quite a bit of testing at Silverstone 67 and RIR short where they are pretty close, we are running Deutschlandring on our server and the Griffith is a second or so quicker it seems. At Monza 66 road course the Ferrari's extra top speed gives it about a 1 second advantage. I think Brands GP was also pretty even but that may have been an older version of the physics. I think I will swap the track on the server to Goodwood soon and see how they go :)

I didn't compare lap times I am afraid. I rarely ever drive Ferrari of any kind myself - normally I only drive Porsche ;-)

With the Griffith 200 I did a 01:45.829 in a race with a full tank and traffic.
I usually like to run large mixed fields of cars of the same era and enjoy the show - the AI running the Ferrari suffers due to the heavily mixed field.

I shall do some lap time comparison over the next week or so and see how the cars compare.

I have also some other ideas but that is better kept for another conversation.

No worries, I was just curious. The AI really struggle in the Ferrari anyway. So much so you would think the cars are very different pace based on their times.

Enough work for today, now lets get a few kilometers on the odometer :)

The current state of things - just crossed out a few more To Do's on that car config for the Griffith:
2019-03-28-005028-screenshot.png

Since I don't use content manager, could you give a little hint to make the car a little less tail happy ?
Another thing, and I noticed it today on this car as well as others. Shouldn't the tire pressures go up the more you drive the car? I noticed mine actually go down, which seems a bit strange.

Since I don't use content manager, could you give a little hint to make the car a little less tail happy ?
Another thing, and I noticed it today on this car as well as others. Shouldn't the tire pressures go up the more you drive the car? I noticed mine actually go down, which seems a bit strange.
Try Ghoults' setup from page 1.

Your tyre pressures are going down because you are using tyre blankets :thumbsup:

It could be the circuit causing more problems than usual perhaps? The Griffith is easily upset by curbs and bumps. You could always upload a video and I'm sure get some useful feedback :)

Last edited:
Actually many of the cars in AC understeer quite a bit, so it was nice to see some oversteer for a change.I was actually trying it out at Watkins Glen, and the first corner it just did a nice lazy spin.
Probably about 40 years ago I actually got a ride in one of these and had a chance to buy it. Kicking myself still, back then they were fairly cheap. Fiberglass was pretty lousy though, at least I think it was fiberglass. If I recall too the steering wheel was on the wrong side as well. It was like sitting on the ground.
Fantastic car.

My post also includes the regular setup file if you want to try it out:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/tvr-griffith-200.166426/page-2#post-2941115

I build my setups based on telemetry data.

I thought that no more classics are going to be introduced to AC. I was worng. This is amazing car. Thank you, guys :)

Model is surprising amazing, I did not know pctm had this talent. The only issues to me that I noticed is that there are no shadows on windscreen from interior view, and there is lack of some mesh in the inside of the front, because it can be seen through.

Skins not surprise - beautiful.

Physics seems really awesome. Though at first really disliked it, visited pits in Goodwood unintentionally. Fortunately it is more than solvable with rear rebound setting, so no problemo really.

Thank you.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing