Resource icon

Misc TV Inspired OSD 9.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I had to manually remove 20 (!!) updates of this mod in less than 30 days. How about first finishing the modification and then share it with the community as manually cleaning up the database costs me hours and hours of work. :(

I had to manually remove 20 (!!) updates of this mod in less than 30 days. How about first finishing the modification and then share it with the community as manually cleaning up the database costs me hours and hours of work. :(

To be fair, I'm ignorant on how mods are stored here on the database so I apologise to you personally for that. That being said, at the time of release (each time) it was finished. It's called evolving thought. I don't have to share and with ignorance directed at someone who loves to share with people something that improves on the laziness of CM, I'm scratching my head because I put a lot of effort in myself. How about showing a taste of respect along with criticising my method. Lucky for you, the latest update was my last. Granted, I did have to pull a mod a couple of times and that was bad on my part, again I'm sorry to you for that. Hope you're not using this mod because it would remind you of the pain I've caused you right? This is a nasty response, but I've spent weeks on this mod and it required evolution along with the fact that I discovered solutions along the way! I do things quickly so updates came quickly (including said mistakes on my part). I will go read up on the "how to post a resource" section to get better clarification on how to be resourceful. I might read up on how to write paragraphs too and not waste my time here so much. :)

Since I've opened my mouth, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who's left feedback along the way. I want to mention again Salut Gilles for his efforts since day one helping me out with coding, he has played a huge role in making this mod what it is, thank you Salut. Thanks for helping people in the discussion too.

Last edited:
I'd like to say thanks for the mod, I've been using it for quite awhile now along with the updates and winners text.

If CM don't do a good job with the OSD again I hope you make something similar for the 2014 game! :thumbsup:

Perhaps starting a PM conversation with members with gentle request like a day before deletion was needed would have saved you all this long work. Now, I'm questioning whether I'll renew my paying membership or not.

Edit: OTOH, perhaps it was a bad day at the office. (?)

I agree with the above comment by Salut Gilles.
This seems like a very passive aggressive way to inform someone of this situation. You have just alienated a successful modder in a public forum. :thumbsdown:

I have seen worse posts to be honest. If this alienates people already then we would have anybody left to post for sure.

Every time a mod is updated a new file is added next to the original file. If then a mod gets update multiple times a week or even a day we are literally stacking lots of MB's on the disc that are never to be used again.

Hence we asked before to not upload ongoing wip projects but first finish a mod that is ready to be released.

A couple of updates we don't mind but 20 in 30 days is too much. Its literally 280mb of discspace where originally only 14 was needed. If everybody would do this we can buy a new disc next week :)

I clean the database up once per two weeks and it costs me hours and hours to remove old files manually if I then run into a mod with so many updates I am allowed to make a post about it.

Was in no way meant to offend @auroboros as a modder as he is doing a great job.

Thanks for the reply. I will be more mindful in future before posting updates to a mod. The underlying frustration in my initial response was driven by what appeared to be a lack of understanding on how much effort went in when CM made no effort in making a nice looking OSD that even semi-replicates real life since day dot. Your response is very informative, thanks. I still stand by the fact that a heap of updates here were necessary and in due course. I gave more options, found work-arounds to make the display darker and swipeless (should be a word :p), and improved on the design of the display.

Only thing I will do differently in future is slow down the process of updates for you to do your thing on your end. Cheers!

Last edited:
I think I found a bug:

m
2A41610CD8A4B23AB91C18A83576CC942EE7C5BE
m
what is the bug here I can't see any problem.

auroboros updated TV Inspired OSD with a new update entry:

no revs, lap & position numbers options

- Added the option to use your favourite OSD without displaying revs, lap & position numbers (compressed versions only).
- I finally went to the trouble of overlaying a hi res screen capture of a Sky F1 broadcast to match up the contour and perfecting sky sports version 2. Won't be spending anymore time on this.

Example:
View attachment 60595

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%