F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

ParkYongLee

Modular Mods Creator
(Example) Swapping Lewis Hamilton with Yuki Tsunoda
unknown.png

Morph Poses

file directory path:
Code:
...\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\cinematics\drivers\morph_poses\
  1. open yuki_tsunoda.erp

2. scroll down the pkg tab (or filter "animset" in the search bar) and export yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1.idf?context=animset
    1619352526832.png
  3. (probably optional, but I prefer to not have any duplicate name strings being loaded)
    • open yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1.idf%3Fcontext=animset.json with a texteditor (notepad, notepad++)
    • scroll down or search "name": and replace
      "name": "stri yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1"

with
      "name": "stri lewis_hamilton_rig_head_morph_v1"
    • save the file
  4. open lewis_hamilton.erp

5. filter for animset and select it, now import yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1.idf%3Fcontext=animset.json
    1619353958852.png

and save the erp

6. open lewis_hamilton.assetgroup with a texteditor

7. either copy the line from "yuki_tsunoda.assetgroup" or duplicate the existing line and replace the second entry so that you have
    Code:
    <AssetGroup bigERP="true">
    <ERP>2020_asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/cinematics/drivers/morph_poses/lewis_hamilton.erp</ERP>
    <ERP>2020_asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/cinematics/drivers/morph_poses/yuki_tsunoda.erp</ERP>
    </AssetGroup>
    save the file
Heads

file directory path:
Code:
...\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\cinematics\drivers\heads\
  1. open yuki_tsunoda.erp

2. export all resources (alternatively you could manually look for the 7 files below and export each)
    1619353263787.png
  3. go to the exported resources folder and rename yuki_tsunoda to lewis_hamilton in the following cases:
    Code:
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.emb^^context=default
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.idf^^lod=3&mesh
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.idf^^lod=4&mesh
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.idf^^lod=0&mesh
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.idf^^lod=1&mesh
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.idf^^lod=2&mesh
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.idf^^render
    alternatively (if you have a tool or use scripting) you could mass rename all idf files at once, but the highlighted once are the mandatory files
    Edit: You better not mass rename the files, if you are going to cross-change drivers, so using A as C, C as B and B as A.

5. import all resources (browse to your resources idf folder you just exported and changed)
    so browse until character_package\heads\male_driver\lewis_hamilton\idf, so only the changed idf files will be imported (7 files)
    1619353323566.png

save the erp file

7. either copy the line from "yuki_tsunoda.assetgroup" or duplicate the existing line and replace the second entry so that you have
    Code:
    <ERP>2020_asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/cinematics/drivers/heads/lewis_hamilton.erp</ERP>
    <ERP>2020_asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/cinematics/drivers/heads/yuki_tsunoda.erp</ERP>
    </AssetGroup>
    save the file

Frontend

file directory path:
Code:
...\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\frontend\2020\
  1. open frontend_drivers_f1.erp

2. import all resources (browse to your resources folder you just exported and changed)
    if you have organized your previous files, so that only the changed files and folders are existing, it will be less time consuming and easier to notice changes
    1619353521991.png

save the erp file

3. OPTIONAL/ADDITIONALonly for drivers that do not exist in the frontend (like Yuki Tsunoda)
    • open frontend_drivers_f1.assetgroup with a texteditor
    • either copy the line from "yuki_tsunoda.assetgroup" or duplicate the existing line and replace the second entry so that you have
    • Code:
      <ERP>2020_asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/cinematics/drivers/heads/yuki_tsunoda.erp</ERP>
      <ERP>2020_asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/frontend/2020/frontend_drivers_f1.erp</ERP>
      </AssetGroup>
    • save the file
      Edit: For other existing F2 drivers, you need to add the frontend_drivers_f1 entry from 2020 into the assetgroup file, too.
unknown.png

Last edited:
It is all very clear, thanks! Only one thing, I am lost at point 3 of the FrontEnd section. When opening the frontend assetgroup file with a text editor I have this:

<ERP>2020_asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/frontend/2020/frontend_drivers_f1.erp</ERP>
<ERP>2020_asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/frontend/2020/frontend_drivers_f2.erp</ERP>
<ERP>2020_asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/incardriver/2018/incardriver.erp</ERP>
</AssetGroup>

Where should I copy the name of Yuki Tsunoda (or the other F2 driver I want to replace) here?
This is not clear to me. Thank you for Your assistance!

I guess you use a season mod already, so just add his line into it, doesn't matter if before or after the others.
(Well, you will notice, because this file changes the driver selection.)
as other f2 drivers are already being loaded, you might not need to include everyone - Yuki seems to be a special one, as he is not included in neither 2019 nor 2020 f2 frontend.

Last edited:
I guess you use a season mod already, so just add his line into it, doesn't matter if before or after the others.
(Well, you will notice, because this file changes the driver selection.)
as other f2 drivers are already being loaded, you might not need to include everyone - Yuki seems to be a special one, as he is not included in neither 2019 nor 2020 f2 frontend.
Really awesome.

Last edited:
I have edited the tutorial and corrected a few minor issues.
  • I removed the model file of those which need to be changed
    because if you cross-change drivers and also change the model file, it will forward to the changes of the other driver, so if Lewis uses Yuki, but you would want to replace Max as Lewis, Max would also have the face body of Yuki but with Lewis' skin
  • So I deleted the statement you could mass rename the files.
  • If you change Latifi, you also have to import his idf to F2, else the frontend will not work correctly.
  • Generics seem to be loaded by default, no need for additional lines.
  • Corrected the yuki_tsunoda assetgroup entry for the frontend, heads need to be used.
    I accidently pasted morph_poses.
  • Added a youtube tutorial video

Last edited:
Hi my man!!, i had some trouble to swap face between Delatraz or Bottas with Ralph Buschoung(i'm try with these 2 faces, first Delatrz second Bottas and not sucsses with that. Can u help me???

Buschoung is F2, and i do all theses stuffs show in the tutorial

• Deleted member 1946917

Hello

Is there anyone that can explain to me the method of swapping driver faces from previous/future games?

I know this might be tough and go against the RD rules so if someone could PM me or email me that would be great

For example I am looking to bring Alonso’s face from F1 2021 into F1 2020

I am looking at doing this for personal use, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seem like this works different in F1 2021, can anyone post here the difference, I've been trying to get it to work but no luck.
The same way of this but you can ignore Frontend part and you replace the idf files of each drivers you swap in their ressources. Then you import all ressources from the driver instead of just the idf ressources. also im pretty sure this violates racedepartment rules

Last edited:
I have edited the tutorial and corrected a few minor issues.
  • I removed the model file of those which need to be changed
    because if you cross-change drivers and also change the model file, it will forward to the changes of the other driver, so if Lewis uses Yuki, but you would want to replace Max as Lewis, Max would also have the face body of Yuki but with Lewis' skin
  • So I deleted the statement you could mass rename the files.
  • If you change Latifi, you also have to import his idf to F2, else the frontend will not work correctly.
  • Generics seem to be loaded by default, no need for additional lines.
  • Corrected the yuki_tsunoda assetgroup entry for the frontend, heads need to be used.
    I accidently pasted morph_poses.
  • Added a youtube tutorial video

F1 2021 seems like you can swap every driver linke in 2020. but you can ignore Frontrend.

its works 100%%

BUT - When you try to change senna, Senna is without cap. how fix it?

• Deleted member 1946917

The same way of this but you can ignore Frontend part and you replace the idf files of each drivers you swap in their ressources. Then you import all ressources from the driver instead of just the idf ressources. also im pretty sure this violates racedepartment rules
Face Swapping doesn't violate rules only uploading DLC content does.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Example) Swapping Lewis Hamilton with Yuki Tsunoda
unknown.png

Morph Poses

file directory path:
Code:
...\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\cinematics\drivers\morph_poses\
  1. open yuki_tsunoda.erp

2. scroll down the pkg tab (or filter "animset" in the search bar) and export yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1.idf?context=animset
    View attachment 468941
  3. (probably optional, but I prefer to not have any duplicate name strings being loaded)
    • open yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1.idf%3Fcontext=animset.json with a texteditor (notepad, notepad++)
    • scroll down or search "name": and replace
      "name": "stri yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1"

with
      "name": "stri lewis_hamilton_rig_head_morph_v1"
    • save the file

5. filter for animset and select it, now import yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1.idf%3Fcontext=animset.json
    View attachment 468962

and save the erp

Code:
    <ERP>2020_asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/cinematics/drivers/morph_poses/lewis_hamilton.erp</ERP>
    <ERP>2020_asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/cinematics/drivers/morph_poses/yuki_tsunoda.erp</ERP>
    </AssetGroup>
    save the file
Heads

file directory path:
Code:
...\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\cinematics\drivers\heads\
  1. open yuki_tsunoda.erp

2. export all resources (alternatively you could manually look for the 7 files below and export each)
    View attachment 468944
  3. go to the exported resources folder and rename yuki_tsunoda to lewis_hamilton in the following cases:
    Code:
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.emb^^context=default
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.idf^^lod=3&mesh
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.idf^^lod=4&mesh
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.idf^^lod=0&mesh
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.idf^^lod=1&mesh
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.idf^^lod=2&mesh
    character_package\heads\male_driver\yuki_tsunoda\idf\yuki_tsunoda_rig_head_morph_v1!!!temp000.idf^^render
    alternatively (if you have a tool or use scripting) you could mass rename all idf files at once, but the highlighted once are the mandatory files
    Edit: You better not mass rename the files, if you are going to cross-change drivers, so using A as C, C as B and B as A.

5. import all resources (browse to your resources idf folder you just exported and changed)
    so browse until character_package\heads\male_driver\lewis_hamilton\idf, so only the changed idf files will be imported (7 files)
    View attachment 468945
    save the erp file

Code:
    <ERP>2020_asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/cinematics/drivers/heads/lewis_hamilton.erp</ERP>
    </AssetGroup>
    save the file

Frontend

file directory path:
Code:
...\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\frontend\2020\
  1. open frontend_drivers_f1.erp

2. import all resources (browse to your resources folder you just exported and changed)
    if you have organized your previous files, so that only the changed files and folders are existing, it will be less time consuming and easier to notice changes
    View attachment 468953
    save the erp file

3. OPTIONAL/ADDITIONALonly for drivers that do not exist in the frontend (like Yuki Tsunoda)
    • open frontend_drivers_f1.assetgroup with a texteditor
    • either copy the line from "yuki_tsunoda.assetgroup" or duplicate the existing line and replace the second entry so that you have
    • Code:
      </AssetGroup>
    • save the file
      Edit: For other existing F2 drivers, you need to add the frontend_drivers_f1 entry from 2020 into the assetgroup file, too.
unknown.png

How it works now, on F1 22?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back