Tutorial: how to replace 3d models and edit parts position

PDF tutorial of how to replace 3d models: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw08IMcwkVdeN0plOWw2LVZZMWs/view?usp=sharing
or

How to edit parts position on example of tachometer:
1. Open Unity Assets Bundle Extractor
2. Open My Summer Car\mysummercar_Data\level1 in Unity Assets Bundle Extractor
3. Sort by name, then sort by type
4. Search «GameObject tachometer(xxxxx)». If you want to change position another part – you need search files with «(xxxxx)» in end of name.
5. Select «GameObject tachometer(xxxxx)» and click View Data. Open spoilers, until you find the first PathID. In 21.12.16 game update it have number 31822, but after any game update this will be changed. Write number on a piece of paper. Close View Data window.
Img:
Bul7NMo.png

6. Sort by Path ID and search Unnamed asset with Path ID number 31822, select it and click Export Dump, save it in game folder with name «position».
7. Open position.txt in Notepad++, edit LocalPosition coordinates. X – left/right by pivot, Y – forward/ backward by pivot, Z – up/down by pivot. After edit save it.
8. Click Import Dump, save level1 in game root folder, close Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and move level1 in My Summer Car\mysummercar_Data\. Test in game.
9. After change installed position, you can change trigger position(a place in where possible install part). Sort by name, then sort by type
10. Search «GameObject trigger_tachometer». If you want to change position another part – you need search files with «trigger» in middle of name.
11. Again click View Data and find first PathID. In 21.12.16 game update it have number 28392.
12. Search Unnamed asset with Path ID number 28392, select it and click Export Dump, save it in game folder with name «trigger».
13. Open trigger.txt in Notepad++, you can use coordinates from position.txt
14. Click Import Dump, save level1 in game root folder, close Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and move level1 in My Summer Car\mysummercar_Data\. Test in game.

P.S. I have tried change wheels position on Satsuma, but did not succeed..

Last edited:
Last edited:
PDF tutorial of how to replace 3d models: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw08IMcwkVdeN0plOWw2LVZZMWs/view?usp=sharing

How to edit parts position on example of tachometer:
1. Open Unity Assets Bundle Extractor
2. Open My Summer Car\mysummercar_Data\level1 in Unity Assets Bundle Extractor
3. Sort by name, then sort by type
4. Search «GameObject tachometer(xxxxx)». If you want to change position another part – you need search files with «(xxxxx)» in end of name.
5. Select «GameObject tachometer(xxxxx)» and click View Data. Open spoilers, until you find the first PathID. In 21.12.16 game update it have number 31822, but after any game update this will be changed. Write number on a piece of paper. Close View Data window.
Img:
Bul7NMo.png

6. Sort by Path ID and search Unnamed asset with Path ID number 31822, select it and click Export Dump, save it in game folder with name «position».
7. Open position.txt in Notepad++, edit LocalPosition coordinates. X – left/right by pivot, Y – forward/ backward by pivot, Z – up/down by pivot. After edit save it.
8. Click Import Dump, save level1 in game root folder, close Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and move level1 in My Summer Car\mysummercar_Data\. Test in game.
9. After change installed position, you can change trigger position(a place in where possible install part). Sort by name, then sort by type
10. Search «GameObject trigger_tachometer». If you want to change position another part – you need search files with «trigger» in middle of name.
11. Again click View Data and find first PathID. In 21.12.16 game update it have number 28392.
12. Search Unnamed asset with Path ID number 28392, select it and click Export Dump, save it in game folder with name «trigger».
13. Open trigger.txt in Notepad++, you can use coordinates from position.txt
14. Click Import Dump, save level1 in game root folder, close Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and move level1 in My Summer Car\mysummercar_Data\. Test in game.

P.S. I have tried change wheels position on Satsuma, but did not succeed..
Hello friend, does this method still work? I can't download the .pdf it asks me for authorization.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%