DiRT Rally [Tutorial] How To Make Simdash / Rev Burner work with DiRT Rally!

Hello, I'm new here and just wanted to share information on how you can get telementry output from DiRT Rally.
I am aware that some of you may already know about this.

So what you will want to do is either download my useless app or get any .exe on your computer (cmd, notepad etc) and name it dirt3.exe.
Place it in the root of your DiRT Rally folder.

You can download my app here if you wish (It does nothing it's just a blank c# app with a message box)

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/useless-dirt3-exe-for-revburner-on-dirt-rally.6299/

Again you don't need to use my app it's just for lazy people :p

Next you will need to locate your hardware_settings_config.xml (If you purcahsed off Steam then it will be at C:\Users\Your User\Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally\hardwaresettings) If it's not located there just do a search on your system for hardware_settings_config.xml.

Open up your hardware_settings_config.xml and change <motion enabled="false" ip="dbox" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="0" />
to <motion enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="1" />

Now before you start DiRT rally execute the dirt3.exe in the root of your DiRT Rally folder and you will see that simdash will pick it up as you are playing DiRT 3 like so
0fff02d4a3.png

Now you can start DiRT Rally and all your gauges will work perfectly.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%