Turning ratio between wheel and car.

J

jimfog

• jimfog

I am using a G25. When I drive a car in FSR I have to turn the wheel twice as far to turn the car as in rFactor.
To test this, I load Monza and the FSR Allrace General Car into rFactor and the SAUBER into FSR 2010. I then tested each car in each program at a speed below 50 mph (to animate understear and overstear) on Monza.
In FSR 2010 it takes twice as much wheel movement to turn the car as in rfactor;. Leaving the garage required 1 full turn in FSR and ½ turn in rFactor. The first two chicanes in rFactor could be done with only ¼ turn on the wheel, but the same turns at the same speeds took ½ turn in FSR.
Is there a setting for this? Is it part of the physics and can’t be changed?
Thanks

• jimfog

I turned down speed sensitivity but it did not help.

I checked both programs and they were set at 60%. I change it to 30%, but it still twice the movement of the G25 wheel to make the same turn in FSR as in rFactor.

I turned down speed sensitivity but it did not help.

I checked both programs and they were set at 60%. I change it to 30%, but it still twice the movement of the G25 wheel to make the same turn in FSR as in rFactor.

I suggest speed sensitivity zero and then you should check how many degrees your wheel is using in the Logitech Profiler and compare it with this setting in your controller.ini: Steering Wheel Range="" // Degrees of rotation of in-game steering wheel

It's probably best to set these values the same.

• jimfog

That solved the problem. Setting the speed sensitivity to zero.

Thanks for the help.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 250 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years