Turning radius

Hey guys, I'm new to RR and I'm finding that even though I've set the wheel and car settings to 900 degrees I'm finding it really hard to make turns unless I really slow down.. when I play multiplayer I can see other drivers making turns at much higher speeds then me and much tighter too. Anyone got any ideas or do I just need to get used to how the cars handle?

It's best not to change the steering rotation on the cars, those are set automatically by the game for each car based on what that car would have in real life. Some have 900, some have 720, some have 540, etc. so just leave that to whatever the game sets. If the steering feels too pointy turn your lock down a bit, if it feels too wayward turn your lock up a bit. :thumbsup:

It depends on the car, some of the cars with new physics then the default steering lock works pretty well but older ones need to be matched to your wheels degrees. At least that's what I've found so far. I don't run a profiler so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Hey guys, I'm new to RR and I'm finding that even though I've set the wheel and car settings to 900 degrees I'm finding it really hard to make turns unless I really slow down.. when I play multiplayer I can see other drivers making turns at much higher speeds then me and much tighter too. Anyone got any ideas or do I just need to get used to how the cars handle?
900 with 30-33 should be more than enough (t500 owner) just make sure window profile is set the same. If this is your first time at 900, it will feel like a bus/truck, need more laps

I don´t need to try because i know how it feels and how unrealistic this is. I have a wheel and I want to have the settings as close to real as possible and so I use the default steering angle per car and only change the lock a bit if needed.

The basics are: 450/18, 540/23, 720/27, 900/30

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back