[Turkey 2010] Setups & Assistance

Hello everyone,

as especially after the move over to RaceDepartment we got a few new people who'd like to try the Mod and potentially join FSR, I thought it would be a good idea to start public topics for each of the remaining rounds of racing this year.
As FSR is very competitive, drivers and teams usually keep their setups secret, which is fine. However, it makes it hard for newcomers (some of them have just bought rF) to get a feel for things. Therefore everyone is now invited to share his setup publically - and while not many will make use of it, it will be good if we can get three, four or five of them for newcomers to try. :)

Vice versa, newcomers also please ask for advice in this thread so the established drivers can help you out.

Shoot ahead. :cool:

Probably nobody (at least from the top teams) will share their setups. But anyway, and that's something that I noticed last year, it's more important to know how to develop a setup, than just pick a setup and run ...

Probably nobody (at least from the top teams) will share their setups. But anyway, and that's something that I noticed last year, it's more important to know how to develop a setup, than just pick a setup and run ...

True, but for a new comer who knows what they like in evo for instance from a driving style point of view, sometimes a base setup from someone as a ponit in the right direction can be very helpfull.

"winning" setups of past races both for hotlapping and racing would be very helpful to me. we are a small team and it's all up to me and my team mate to figure it out, but it's quite different from other mods that i have played and once i make it suitable for the track (but not fast enough), every change i make seems to make it worse.. and i don't understand why. :) it takes me hours to gain 1 second while i see others others do it within minutes. good thinking Dennis.

The problem for every new track to find all that extra time to do top times is all so marginal setup wise... that it will always be very hard work on the setup every round to reach very good times. If someone will share a good base setup you will probably still be a second or more off until you optimize it. That's why the level of FSR is really high (all drivers work their ass off!!) and everybody will get used to the Mod better throughout the season, but it's so nice to see people coming and trying that and maybe kicking some ass :D Very cool! Hope to see you in the rooms some day guys.

I dont think anyone expects you guys to post your fastest setups here:) but more like decent base setups for new drivers to know where to even start:)

A decent base set-up could be quick and give away valuable team settings (This is just like real F1 really so this is a sensitive subject)

If no one will post a good base set-up, then grab default set, lower wings a bit for this track, tweak gears accordingly, put the boost up to 10 if you like and add fuel to your needs depending if you want to stint or hot lap. Drop ride height all the way down F&R. Play with the differential some. And then drive it. Then you can check some guides out to fix understeer or oversteer depending on what you get based on these tweaks.

You can use the guides from Ramon & Keith to help you along, there is google for searching, if you want to look for something more advance for further tweaks.

http://www.racedepartment.com/race-series/3511-racedepartment-setup-guide.html

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing