• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

3D Models Turbo For Satsuma 1.3.0

Modification to add supercharger to the game

1. Spysi

Spysi

Ratings:
    +14
    Spysi submitted a new resource:

Turbo For Satsuma - Modification to add turbo to the game

Read more about this resource...

• Love Love x 1
  2. Joschua

Joschua

Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason it wont work for me..

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. aidan schackmann

aidan schackmann

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any plans of making this mod work for the twin carb as I don.t want to change out the twin carb with the raceing carb

4. Damien Zijlstra YT

Damien Zijlstra YT

Ratings:
    +3
    Think it would be nice if there was a settings button wich would reset them, i cant find the turbine pulley

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. pumpedgamer92

pumpedgamer92

Ratings:
    +0
    so here is the real bug they depending on sometimes the pulley or the belt it will fall through the map and cant find it so im not sure if can be fixed but there you go

6. sorenkiller21

sorenkiller21

Ratings:
    +0
    what mod loader do I need the modapi wont load

7. Muljo

Muljo

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice man,cant wait to see the mod updating..

8. Dewtan

Dewtan

Ratings:
    +0
    It's an awesome mod, but the turbine pulley never spawns in for me and everything but pipe 1 and pipe 2 fall through the ground as soon as I drop them. Keep up the good work

9. iwin212

iwin212

Ratings:
    +28
    Um... I noticed a hefty fps drop. You see, I just did some fps work yesterday and got it up to 65-70 fps by messing with the launch options. Then, I installed your mod and got 45, and I was like "huh, this is lower than what it was before I did the launch option thing?".

Yeah... so I decompiled the mod in dnSpy and found a total of 5 "GameObject.Find" commands on void Update(). GameObject.Find is a hefty command that will kill fps if run on every single frame.

What you want to do is to make a GameObject variable and set it with a "GameObject.Find" in void OnLoad() and then call the variable in void Update(). If you absolutely have to run the "GameObject.Find" command repeatedly throughout the game session, then you should make it run every half or quarter of a second so it isn't running every single frame. I actually learned my lesson the hard way so you are not alone.

How you make a variable is you do:
    private [variable type (in this case "GameObject"] [variable name (whatever you want)]
    Then, in void OnLoad()
    this.[variable name] = [what you want to set it to (in this case your GameObject.Find command)]

I can actually do this for you and send it to you if you want. :D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  10. iwin212

iwin212

Ratings:
    +28
    The turbine pully does spawn, but it is small, and it rolls away so it is REALLY difficult to find.

11. iwin212

iwin212

Ratings:
    +28
    @Spysi
    I did all the stuff with the GameObject.Find command and now the FPS is way better with this mod

Here it is:
    [old link removed, new one below:]
    https://mega.nz/#!OWBm3YLD!xH0YQBlgl-DFRs4AEOMq3xbP9AauImtducmc2qdBF3Q

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Damien Zijlstra YT

Damien Zijlstra YT

Ratings:
    +3
  13. Damien Zijlstra YT

Damien Zijlstra YT

Ratings:
    +3
    Or how do i reset this mod?

14. Spysi

Spysi

Ratings:
    +14
    Yeah, I'll probably do a pipe for the twin carburators in the near future.

15. Spysi

Spysi

Ratings:
    +14
    The "Config" folder (which is in the "Mods" folder) contains the "Turbo for Satsuma" folder. There are various files in this folder with save files. Delete the desired file and the part will appear in its original place.

16. Spysi

Spysi

Ratings:
    +14
    Thank you. I'm just a novice developer and I didn't think much about optimization. I'll see what you've changed and maybe in the next update I'll add your changes to the mod.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Spysi

Spysi

Ratings:
    +14
    Its normal. This is a Mod API problem. But the modification should work with it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  18. Spysi

Spysi

Ratings:
    +14
    I'm thinking of changing the location of the spawn parts. Since
    I see a lot of problems with that.

19. iwin212

iwin212

Ratings:
    +28
    THERE IS FIX FOR THE API
    I spoke to someone on Steam (His username is "gentlemens.original.style") and he said that if you put the api in the References folder, there are no errors. I tested this and IT WORKED.

Put api in references folder.

20. KutreeZ

KutreeZ

Ratings:
    +2
    I didn't have any problem picking all the parts up, I think though to make it a little more of a challenge / reward, scatter them around, maybe in the different sheds on the map.

Sure the little kids will complain about having to actually do something in the game rather than have it given to them, but the majority of the player base would enjoy it I'm sure :)

Anyway, great mod either way, maybe a little out of the time frame and being in Finland but hell it's good fun.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.