Tune Setup needed

Setup swapping has been killed by the professional services taking money for sets and disallowing distribution. Sad but true.
Sorry to hear that. One of the things I allways felt was pretty friendly in both the iRacing forum and when practicing online was a great kind of "comraderie" when you asked someone to share a setup.
Hehe you could not allways be sure it was a genuine alien setup but mostly the setups shared was actually the setups guys used themselves.
At least I want to believe so:laugh:

OK this is not a problem for me because Im not a member anymore.:)
But if I pay for another persons idea of tweaking some settings in the iRacing car setup - and I then change one or more of these settings then this new setup is completely my own.
And nobody can later say that Oh 2 month ago you bought a setup from me so from now on you are not allowed to offer a setup to anyone else because one or two of the parameters could have some resemblance with the params in the setup you originally bought from me.
Quite honestly I couldnt (and wouldnt) care less.:roflmao::roflmao:

"anything"??
OK if we was talking about car paintings and such virtual gamer-merchandise then I would think you are right.
But adjusting iRacings (rather few) setup parameters can never become someones property.
After your describtion then what is payed for when you "buy" a setup is just another persons idea of how to adjust some setup parameters against each other.
But as soon as you change even one of these rather few params then we are talking about something else than the original collection of parameters.
Eventhough there is some rather low resemblance between program code and a certain collection of setup parameters then it would be quite impossible claim ownership in a courtroom of some more or less arbitrary values in a virtual car setup.
Me think:)

totally with you, I trust if anyone brought up a lawsuit about sth. as trivial as a setup it would turn out it all belongs to the chap whose servers it runs on, the only piece of hardware involved, ideas are notoriously difficult to pin down legally. as you say: what if i only change one parameter not important for this car/track combo, so with no relation to output: is it still "your" setup or have i made it "mine"?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%