• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Tuesday May 12th 2009 - WTCC @ Magny Cours

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Bram Hengeveld, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikael Hellen

Mikael Hellen

Ratings:
    +0
    atleast it was fun to read this thread guys "Streams better from CEO's throat" lmao..."download extra bugs" lmao...do we really need more bugs?
    Better luck next time

2. Theo Loonstra

Theo Loonstra

Ratings:
    +0
    Well my race ended after 3 laps :(
    But it was my own fault missed the apex at the first turn went a bit over the kerbs and the kitty litter decided to slide my car towards a wall.
    Unlucky for me walls do not bend on impact or move out of the way when a car is approaching it.
    Anyways lost the front end of my car and the message damage unrepairable.
    And believe it or not but after that the fracking engineer felt he had to tell me that my suspension was fooked as well.
    Like i really want to hear that after I already heard that the car had gone to race way heaven.

3. Freddie Besems

Freddie Besems

Ratings:
    +21
    4 pitstops, then decided to watch the race

1 mandatory.

1 stop and go cutting the track

after stopt and go i hit the safety car, so my suspension was broken.

after new pit stop, just a small cutting on last chicane and got another stop and go.

to bad that a lot have problems with bugs etc. i only have troubles driving.

one golden rule make sure you have all kind of updates from all yr programms and turn yr virusscanner of. then you dont have any freezing images etc. and you can still support the race.

:giggle:

4. Bob Miley

Bob Miley

Ratings:
    +1,223
    That was great!! Got bogged down at start for the first time in ages and dropped down to around 12th or so. Ran nice consistant laps, had a trouble free pitstop and came home for my 2nd podium in 2 days, jumping for joy!!!

Pity so many had problems.

Thanks to backmarkers for fantastic observation and manners.

Thanks for setting this up Bram and RD it was fun fun fun.

5. Nuno Areias

Nuno Areias

Ratings:
    +0
    hi

nice race guys lots o nice fights thank u all for the evening

thanks Bram and RD for seting this event

ps sorry guys but have to say this always happen its a question of respect
    please no chat until everybody finish i was driving with half of my screen full of words its very distracting please come on i no u all can do it

cheers :skywalker:

6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller
    RaceRoom eMotorsports Manager

Ratings:
    +743
    Good race, 5th place. My tyres were worn out pretty fast, and so my laptimes were very slow towards the end, but I could drive without any major incident

7. Rickard Javanainen

Rickard Javanainen

Ratings:
    +76
    Hehe thanks Bram! for the good fight and sorry about the freeze you got :/

8. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +954
    Damn you guys this is why i bought Race 07 with a wheel. I had so much fun in my first race.

Q. 16th place. I was happy with it.

Race:

Was still 16th after the first corner. And then there was a crash and i needed to go to the grass but i managed to be 16th. I managed to get past people in lap 2,3,4 and then i had mistake in the second corner that threw me back 2 places. But i stunned myself that i had a good pace no mistakes from lap 5 to lap 25. And finished 7th. To bad there where only 14th left in the end. But it was fun and i can't wait to the next event. :)

9. Bob Miley

Bob Miley

Ratings:
    +1,223
    Totally agree Nuno, I never chat until everyone has finished. You show respect with your observation when being passed without fail and all should give that respect back. Always nice racing with you:wink2:.

10. Oli Bellamy

Oli Bellamy

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh, is that really supposed to be a plural? If so I feel less embarrassed.

11. Aritan Maia

Aritan Maia

Ratings:
    +2
    Great fun!!!!

Quali:
    something to forget!!! I hate TCCs, I just can't drive them!!! P14 I think.

Race:
    Great start, but someone almost put me out of the track and in the next turn, he bumped the front guy and tried to escape from it, but I ended up being bumped by another driver. Normal race accidents, I think!
    Result: P13. Went over, gaining some position here and there, and I was in 8th all of the sudden. :) Then I continue to drive cautious with Ivo on my tail, increasing the gap, and then losing ground and so on. Very fun!!!
    When the pits came, I was P6, but came back in 8th. Continued with cautious :))) and finished 6th, 1.7 secs behind Robert! :)
    Great race!!! Great fun!!!!

I love RD!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +954
    That was me. ;)

13. Aritan Maia

Aritan Maia

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, Ivo, that was you indeed!!! Great fun!!! :dance2:

14. Stefan Beemsterboer

Stefan Beemsterboer

Ratings:
    +25
    Very bad race for me!

I did managed a low 1;48 offline...online (qual) a get a 1;492
    So i started from place 14 (uche-uche) Man, you guys are very fast !!

Then the light goes green, and my car makes a lot of wheel spin....owboy..one of those days...this is not my day!

Okay finally i get into the first corner, and yes ~ i am a lucky guy ~ there stands a car on 'my' driving line....still ?!? (Damn, it must be forbidden) So my car loses his front and my suspension is going to the moon...

Well i decided to make at least 14 rounds and than i came in for fixing the car.
    I only changes the front tires, but that was i bad idea...the back was more important..so i go sliding all the way and finished @ place 8. Not bad with this damage.

C ' U next time on the track

15. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +18,067
    Lol, you were not the only one Oli :good:

16. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia

Ratings:
    +251
    Before I do a brief race report I need to make an apology to Rob Goldthorpe.

Whilst following behind Fernando de Almeida and Rob we were having a good clean battle. Giving each other room when passing etc. I don't remember which lap this was, but as we were heading down to the right hander before the pit entrance I was behind Fernando and began to brake at my usual point. When I shifted down from 5th to 4th the engine raced (I'm guessing I've shifted too early) and the car accelerated toward the back of Fernando's car. I swerved to avoid him and the car continued to push even though I had the brakes on hard and downshifting. I attempted to aim between Fernando and Rob's cars and up the run off area, but there wasn't room or time and I rammed into the back of Rob's car and also forced Fernando to run onto the run off in avoidance. I'm so very sorry Rob that I hit you. If I'd reacted quickly enough I may have been able to swerve the other way and gone off without bringing anyone else into it, but I got caught out. I waited to see if you'd rejoin, but you were obviously a bit pissed off and left. Hopefully if anyone see's the replay from my onboard camera you'll see that there was no intent what so ever to even make a pass let alone cause an accident. I'm sure most people who race me regularly know that I'll normally back out of a pass if I think it's not safe rather than run someone off the road.

So again my apologies to Rob and Fernando for the incident.

Qualified 6th and was pretty pleased with that and I didn't feel I could get anymore from the Alfa, which to be honest I didn't really like driving. Should of chosen the Beemer:).

As for my race it was pretty good. Made a couple of time consuming mistakes during it including following one guy off the track whilst wondering what he was doing!! This meant that once I was running 2nd I was a good 20 seconds behind Rickard. Not that I think I would of been quick enough to of done anything about him as he was very fast around here. I got passed Bob Miley during our pitstops as I assume he was either on Auto pit or having repairs. So a pretty good result considering a made a few mistakes and of course that already mentioned incident.

So my third P2 in a row.:) Although I'm well aware that some quicker guys didn't get to finish like Bram (sorry to hear your troubles).

Looking forward to Cadwell Park 2moro night:dance2:. A BMW is will be my ride for that one.

17. Stefan Beemsterboer

Stefan Beemsterboer

Ratings:
    +25
    If you have a Nvidia Graphic card on Vista, i can tell you that's a bad marrieds! Go back to XP, like meself and install the 178.x driver (second last)

Since i have done that i really have NO (zero) freezes or bugs. So try this @ home...

GL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.