rF2 Tuesday August 25st 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Donington Park

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got hit by someone, think it was Bram but the problem was all mine from the beginning

Haha, I have watched the replay of this incident because I also thought i hit you, so thats why I was waiting for you (a minute :D?) on the backstraight.

But you know what? I should have raced on cause we didnt even touched there. Nevertheless i had to start from the back because i waited and had a joyful ride cruising through the pack of GT1 and GT2 cars. Was really good fun.

I hope i can start from the back tonight as well, really enjoyed it :D

Haha, I have watched the replay of this incident because I also thought i hit you, so thats why I was waiting for you (a minute :D?) on the backstraight.

But you know what? I should have raced on cause we didnt even touched there.
Yeah, I waited a minute too to get a clear track to enter :D.
My car was really in a bad shape after that incident and I guess I hit someone else then. Sorry again :peace2:, don't think I'm a famous wrecker around here... :)

Yeeee I won the GT1 class :) while starting 5th :woop:

Had an old Vitus setup only and did practice/qual with it. Just seconds before race I changed a bit of camber, rollbar and toe. Worked out since in race I was much faster then expected.
Did some good laps in the beginning, did the pitstop with 2L left in tank and did a half stint. In this half stint I passed Tom very easy for some reason. Then he could just follow me and slowly my soft tires burned up and he was closing in fast.
But, for some reason he could not make a clean pass and I was bumped about 6+ times? Very annoying in an endurance race. Please do a good pass and not from 10+ meter behind when I already turn in.
Just as I wanted to pit for my short stint I was forced outside, which was also not a right pass.
But then pitstop and was free track again. Did constant laps and was surprised to find faster guys behind me. Then my last scheduled pitstop came and could drive to finish with exactly 3L left :)

I noticed some problems with LMP too. Some (like Kevin) were very good in just hold a bit and wait for a good moment to pass. Others just tried to pass whenever they felt necessary resulting in unnecessary doorbanging. I agree about the difficulties on this particular track, but still the LMP has to adapt! Glad the qual was at least seperated.

Although the driving standard was low according some, i gladly didn't noticed it where I drove. GT2 was good with their mirrors. Top job from those guys!

Also I hope next time there will be less nagging about simple things. We (RD) don't want to run illegal tracks. So other Donington's are not available to us. With this one going into bin, we can only hope someone will create a new/better version for rF.

Still I hope the majority had a good time. See you next time on track :)

Had a really fun race.
In the P2 Mazda I had massive pace problems and was more than one seconds slower than Lee in his might Porsche.
Still, qualified as overall 5th or 6th and hoped to have a good race.
In the race, after 2 laps I spun and got stuck in the gravel.
Lost almost two laps till I finally made it to spin out of the gravel and get back on track as overall last.
My engine was incredibly hot afterwards so I ran the next 10 laps on boost 1.
Then I had a super race apart from one little spin I didn't make any mistakes anymore and made my way back to overall p6.
Had two good and smoothly running pitstops and no incidents with lappings.
Still, I'd like to apologize to Gary and one or two other drivers who I slightly touched when overtaking them on their right side.
Problem is that I am absolutely not used to sit on the right side of the car and I couldn't really judge the distance between me and your cars, still nothing seriously happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back