RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Not very much to tell.

1st race, lost it in the traffic one point. Had a good fight but then the reality kicked in. Tires melted and that was it.

2nd race. I got a decent start gaining positions and tried to take an easy 1st turn. Off the throttle early and applied brakes. Suddenly the car in front of me started to look bigger and bigger, very very soon. Ditched to left as i knew that there was no one beside me. Skidded thru the grass to the wall and left with suspension and aero problems. No point of continuing after the pitstop, i would've been driving alone in the back so i did something really not my style, quitted the game..

I really was so surprised about that situation cause i didn't have excessive speed, was taking it really cautious. I first thought that Bob in front of me had braked too soon/hard or something cause he didn't have anybody just in front of him, was baffled. Then i looked at the replay and i never knew that there is a nasty bump in the right side off the track. My rear (well not mine, the cars..) lifted off the ground and bye bye grip.. Now i'm little wiser in that spot. Yves took a hairy dive in that turn aswell. That was close man.. Thru the traffic on a narrow path avoiding everybody..

• Theo Loonstra

First race was nice had some clashes for positions and mostly i had to defend but that's the problem if someone like me lacks the speed/pace.

Second race was quite a disaster and ended up breaking my supsension in the 9th lap.

All in all a very nice event thnx Simon.

Note to self: need more practice and need to find race pace

Eric, I assume you must be adding fuel at the pitstop if your car cuts out??
Best solution in these short STCC events (well how I do it) is to start with enough fuel for the whole race. The extra fuel doesn't cost much time and it gains more with as faster pitstop. It has the added advantage that the car never turns the engine off.

For a longer race where extra fuel is needed, you must have a button or keyboard key mapped to "ignition" and "starter". After the fuel has been added and while the tyres are being changed, just hold the ignition button and also the starter button, and the car should start after a second or two.

Works for me, so hopefully it also works for you.

actually running a full race load Warren. NOw I am really scratching my head!:laugh2:

I was having fun until someone could not decide if they were going in or out of the pits on the pit entrance. Anyway I still enjoyed the time i was in the race. had a great fight with Yuri giving me lots of presure all race long. will watch replay tomorrow and update my report.

Thanks Simon, theses events are always class.
:)

Race 1 boy the S60 is a twitchy ride but fun.

Race 2 boy the S60 is a twitchy ride but fun. Sorry to Akos Veres, I came round last corner with nowhere to go and was to late on the brake when i realised you were stopped. And also for the nudge at T1 when my wheels locked late on. Eventually lost connection with about 4 laps left.

Cheers Simon (just wish I had picked my lovely lovely Honda instead of the bus)

• Johan Jansen

I am terribly sorry for the accident near the pit entrance. I was planning to pit that lap and just when I was getting close to the pit entrance I received a blue flag. I looked back quickly to see where the guy behind me was, but in the mean time I was getting too close to the entrance and did not have enough time to break so I swung back onto the track to not hit the pit wall. What followed next is what you know. Sorry Yuri and the other guy it was just bad timing from my side, not intentional. SORRY!
I have some major tuning to do tho, not getting the right times.

• Andrew Evans

Does that mean without 10 it`s no evento Evanso lolly.

jarp.... will leave it until late tomorrow afternoon and we'll see what's happening....

laying on a production event always seems to end this way.... dunno why they're so universally hated though.... :shrug:

Quiet enjoyed it. Finished both race without damage. Which i consider an achievement. I did however outbrake myself in T1 after the feature start sorry if it caused hindrance for somebody.

Thanks simon for putting this together. And thanks everybody else for making this an enjoyable evening.

Good racing tonight.

Race 1.

Q: Had a bad lap and ended up 15th.

The start was amazing i had the inside line and got alot of places. 8th after the first lap. At the end of the second lap there was a crash and i took 4th place.
But yves and Peter where to fast for me. The last two laps where crazy with a battle with Peter James, Jamie and Stefan ( you where a lap down i didn't know that ;) ) We all finished within 1.5 seconds Finished 7th

Race 2

Q: Had a good Q ended up 9th on the grid.

The start i messed up, my foot slipped of the clutch and had a false start:freaked-out:. After my stop and go i was 21th. For 10 laps i drove like crazy and was 13th, and had a little battle with Yves, bit he drove away. After my pitstop i was 16th and 2 laps later i ended in front of Yves when he had his pitstop. In the he following laps he was lap 7 seconds behind and i was keeping it that way and focused on Bob who was 10 seconds away, but i was shocked that he didn't made a pitstop. In the last 3 laps i was really gaining on Bob and Jamie. In the last lap they had a touch ( i think) and i past Bob and a couple of corners later i past Jamie, and was keeping him off me for the rest of the lap, wich was very hard. ;) But i finished 9th.

Great races guys. And thanks to RD and Simon. :)

Eric, map Ignition with I and Starter with S. When pitting once you engine is off wait until you see on the screen "Changing Tyres". Press and release "I" and hold "S" until engine starts. I did some practice in Practice session until I sussed it.

Great event and great races

race 1 : I ve forgot that s the superpole , I m start on the grid last :(

sorry for the hit at the chicane , I m waiting

race 2 : qual with setup race (fuel 11 laps) :frusty: but I ve got a good start and it s a great fight with Simon , James and Patrick , it was very nice and very fair :bump2:

after 11 laps I m pitting but I ve forgot to change my tyres another pit to change but no pit limiter in the pit stop and go :angry: ,

Grats to the podium and thanks Simon and RD for this event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 210 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years