Tuesday 6th October 2009 - Rally Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know about the update, but our Oceania session seemed to run ok anyway.
This was a very tough Rally for me, made many mistakes, plenty of crashes, and struggled a lot. I just can't seem to get any grip on these Japan stages.
Good fun with Cam, Andrew, and Glenn (when he rejoined after his wife gave him permission) over TS though.

Thanks to Andrew E for setting it up, an interesting, if very demanding Rally.

• Bert Van Waes

oh christ... i just found out that update 10 is out and was supposed to manadatory from sunday.... but the ocn session seems to be running ok.... so, providing all is well, we'll leave any details about upgrades until after this event has finished....

(i wish there was a better way of finding out about these releases than randomly visiting the rallyesim site)

I found it out ysterday when i was fixing the settings on the new pc. When i tried the champs it said wrong version. I just practiced a bit on France stages, and i have to say it locked up after an hour or so going in and out of a stage through RSC. I hope it's nothing with my new pc, but also because we haven't got the update.

We'll see i guess. :)

• Andrew Evans

well, it can't hurt to grab it as a precaution.... i just don't have time to link you all up properly cause am busy at work.... and by the time i get home, it'll be too late...

i would hope that was just a coincidence... the ocn session ran fine this morning... and we're not touching any of the changed content.... :wink:

• Bert Van Waes

well, it can't hurt to grab it as a precaution.... i just don't have time to link you all up properly cause am at work.... and by the time i get home, it'll be too late...

i would hope that was just a coincidence... the ocn session ran fine this morning... and we're not touching any of the changed content.... :wink:

Ok, then it's best i stay on the same one aswell.
So no update for tonight! :)

• Andrew Evans

you're off to a great start kiddah.... i predict a bright future for you in't rally club... :nod:

Dropped 1 stage when trying to turn around after missing a turn :(

Other than that everything went good. That C4 doesnt half understeer. alot of handbrakige going on today.

Cheers BUXTON for setting it up :lol:

• Andrew Evans

The rally... It was on a Tuesday!?

that clip, incidentally, is the precise moment star wars died... lucas had already done a tremendous job of destroying the legacy... but vader going NOOOOoooOOOooo like some little sheep that had lost the flock.... severely bad times....

anyways... fun stuff... not quite as hardcore as i'd imagined - but plenty harsh enough... grabbed me a lancer, which wasn't the fastest car... but at least gave me a decent chance of getting to see the finish....

lots of dumb mistakes and the rest... the motto 'wow look how fast i'm going, wow look how dead i am' still stands....

threw away an almost certain stage win in the eu zone about 100m afore the finish markers....

yea yea yea, roll on next week - will hopefully post later once the results are done... :nod:

Well done to Warren. The only Aussie to win a rally, let alone 2. Good job mate!
Well done to Team Citroen in 2nd and 3rd too.

You Euro's getting worried yet, us Aussies are starting to get into our stride here!:smile-big:
We've had someone on the podium for the past 4 or 5 weeks now...

Thanks General Evans for leading the show. Doing well mate, no event is the same as the previous one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%