RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

For some reason, I thought we'd need to pit for fuel.:messed: I was running 5th - having a good ol' time, then pitted for fuel and rear tires. Came out 7th and that was that! Next time, I'll pay more attention.
Thanks Yves for setting up the race. Good race everyone.

What a great night!!!

Qualified 2nd on race fuel just .2xx behind Yves then proceeded to get a pig of a start and dropped to 4th. Got upto 3rd and was able to catch Peter to battle for 2nd. By this time Yves was well away so decided to have some fun and battle with Peter, which turned out to be the best decision as it was lap after lap of fun and games. Got past a couple of times and was going to make a break for it but didn`t fancy a lonely.

Thanks to Yves for setting this up, great combo and to Peter Bartfai for a wonderful battle. Thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

9 people racing and only 1 and a half reports?! That's poor...
\
:fwd2:Ryan you might be taking a leap here on a call out.

I barely have time to race let alone assemble a reasonable race report lately.

let's try a nicer approach?

here's my schedule since wednesday night.

Thursday: get up at 6 AM and ride 17 miles on the bike. Work and have daughter at home with me as camp is closed and school doesn't start for another week. So that eats up a bit of my time during the day. Evening mrs. come home and she is off to an evening w/ some friends and I take Taylor to karate and then train myself til 8 PM. get little one in bed and have spot of supper and get to sit down. its 9:00 PM

Friday: Work and child care again all day. Mrs. is off to see Kenny Chesney and Taylor is off to a birthday party after 6PM. I train from 4:30 -5:15 then zip home to shower and get her ready to go. Get home from Party at 8:30 and finally sit down at 9PM.

Saturday: get up early and get her to Karate at 10:30am. I train from 11:30 -12:30. shower quick and head off to a friends birthday party from 2-10PM. Taylor has to go to another birthday party from 3-6 so there's more car time.

Sunday: up at 6:30 AM to ride 28 miles on my bike. Get home around 10:30am. Shower up and eat and get Taylor ready to go to ANOTHER FRIGIN PARTY at 12 PM. after this its out to the yard to cut lawn etc. for an hour then try to get a bit of time with the Mrs. grocery shopping before we have to pick up Taylor. I sleep in the couch for about an hour then go get Taylor. Clean the pool and finally sit down now and its 5:30 PM

SO you see Ryan, you never really know whats going on with others.

Have a heart man we all love the game but it's not priority 1 for almost anyone I think.

not sure how you'll take this as I think you are about 17-18 and I am older than that!:rotfl:

see yo on track man where we can still have fun!!!!!!!!

great combo, thanks to all that showed up :)

qualy: P1 with almost a perfect lap with not much fuel in the tank.

Race: had a good start and was P1 at T1, from there i started to build a gap lap by lap, around lap 15th the tyres started to go away so had to be more careful, lap 17th i started to short shift just to make sure i would not ran out of fuel and took P1 at the checkered flag.

Eric - do not take it so personally and please do not have a dig (however slight) at my maturity (I'm 24 if you'd bothered to look at the right hand side of my post) and/or selfishness/consideration.

My meaning was that we NEVER get as many race reports as we should because people can't be bothered. If you're too busy that is absolutely fine (although a quick post to say thanks to RD and whoever organised would be polite), life is more important than gaming (hence why at the moment I can do very few EU races - I'm from the UK, these US races are a lifeline).

But as I say my issue is from drivers who don't bother to write ANYTHING at all through laziness. Race reporting is part of the spirit of things and it would just be nice if we got more feedback after races. With 25 runners each Friday, we are lucky if we get 10-12 of those reporting.....

Don't know if anyone has ran any practice laps on this track yet. But was wondering about that left rumble strip on the s-turns near the walls towards the middle of the track. Do we have to have two wheels on the right side of that rumble strip? Noticed there was no cut warning there. Just asking to make sure before I start practicing that line.

What are your guys' time so far? Best for me in practice so far was 1.13.6 but feel it can be improved.

Haven't raced minis much before but looking forward to it.
If I remember correctly we were doing high 11s, low 12s when we ran this in the Enduro a few months back.

• Michel Salvador

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2009-08-23 14-46-08-26.jpg
    Race_Steam 2009-08-23 14-46-08-26.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Race_Steam 2009-08-23 14-49-00-03.jpg
    Race_Steam 2009-08-23 14-49-00-03.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 233
And again andrew I have to pull out because of work. Boss is trying to piss m off by giving me all afternoons. Means i spend less time with baby. Gutted Im really strong on tarmac think this week was my best chance to get my first win. Also this is my favourite event/game atm to play on by miles. Creates a same lovely atmosphere on TS aswell :good:

Nevermind might not have a job soon. Interview for college tomoz :woot:

Have fun guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back