RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thnx again for setting up such a great event Andrew. Had a very good Quali with my fastest lap ever on this track, a 3:15:xxx this gave me 9th place at the start. Had a reasonable start in which I kept my position, even managed to miss all the mayhem in th 1st left hander and came out on 4th place, but in the 1st corner on the 2nd lap I lost it, hit the wall and was 6th behind Ben. After this I became more consistent and by the time I caught up with Ben, he went into the pits(this was me coming close to you Ben) to stay there for a long time so I could stay infront of him after my stop. I lost it one more time a few laps later messing up my mini so bad I didn't have any top speed left so Adam could catch up my 35 seconds lead at 5 seconds or more a lap this meant he could take my 4th place and I finished on a good 5th place.
I had a great race thnx to all who raced and I cant wait till next week to race u guys again....

Steve, I am really sorry you feel this way. I personally have raced the BMS and although it is difficult to setup, when properly setup it is VERY fast. Ive won numerous events with it, and others have run it and been competitive.

I hope you will stick around and race, if you want to practice with the BMS id be happy to get on track with you running them.

If there is anything I can do PM me please.

Keith,

I run also the BMS. The problem i noticed is the lag of grip in the front. I changed some settings but still no improvement.
What is the key to get grip in the front with this car?
I also noticed the same problem for me in the BMW.
Maybe Yves can tell me how to setup a BMW.
I only know FWD setups so if you need some advice for FWD's let me know.

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Oh boyoo, qualified 6th delighted

2nd lap 1st left turn on top of hill flat out 6th gear went overr kurb, back end went which forced me into wall RAAAAAAAGIN lol

Thanks to MR E and RD

1st race was really OK, I had a couple of nice fights there.
2nd race on the other hand was really unlucky for me!
-At start I was on the inside of Rhys but he didn't see me and started to overtake the guy in front of him, came right onto my car's front end, resulting in a huge crash.
-At the end of first lap, I saw Eric out on grass, he was a lot slower coming back to the track so I tried to pass him, but he came right across the track and I had to brake a lot in first corner, the car got a bit unbalanced and I lost grip for a moment in the second corner, Marty was coming behind and he couldn't avoid me. Really sorry Marty!
-Then a few laps later I was again behind Eric, I had a good run on him after the pit exit, he went to the inside line so I chose the outside, I was there on the outside of him for almost the whole straight but then he started to come to the outside before the hairpin, I even went to the grass with my left wheels for a moment but couldn't avoid the collision.
-I had suspension damage from the few crashes at the beginning so the handling wasn't really good after those, did a few more laps then spun ahead the leading pack, waited a bit on the grass to let them pass, then I decided to retire as I didn't want to cause an accident.

That's all. Thanks for the event anyways, as I said first race was really great for me:)

Peter this was totally my fault. I am really sorry about this incident taking you out of a good race. Thinking back on it now, it was pretty inconsiderate to join late and unprepared for R1 and barely ready for R2. I was cold and it showed.

Also, the 20 car field created some HUGE HUGE HUGE lag problems for me. I should have just baled out but I tried to drive through the flickering and just couldn't manage anything that resembles "race driving control".

Anyone else who got tangled up with me or I scared the crap out of, APOLOGIES from me.

I am on a mission to get a new Graph card or TOWER as this is waaaaay to much fun to miss and it's stil CHEAPER than a set of TOYO RA1's for my STI!

The Z4 is really nice and in a race on the public servers yesterday I took off 9 sec without changes to the car. Unfortunately, a Gillet was another 10 sec a lap faster! But, he was held up by another Z4 for a while!!

Stefan, those were my thoughts earlier this morning and that tended me to the Gillet. I have more laps to do!

First off, great to be back at what I consider my racing home. Thanks RD and Eric for the event.

Was on fresh install (W7) and had just enough time to setup the racing rig. That meant no time for practice prior to official session. I really didn't care much, I was on my way for a fun night at the racetrack:fwd:.

Quali was satisfying with P7, took it on the easy side, making sure to stay on track.

For both races, driving was the easy part (except for an error at the beginning of race 2), dialing my pitstops was another thing. Ran wide in both races while preparing pitstops. In the second race, I was so annoyed that I hit a cone at pit entry, these cones look like rubber but believe me, they're not:desire:. Lost front bumper, damaged suspension. Oups. Didn't repair the car that was still fun to drive pulling to the left.

I ended up having mixed feelings: really was great racing with you all but felt :neutral: with the controls. After a month practically without racing, this ability was on the rusted side, as for driving... give me more!

Great great fun overall, see you all again soon.

Steve, I am really sorry you feel this way. I personally have raced the BMS and although it is difficult to setup, when properly setup it is VERY fast. Ive won numerous events with it, and others have run it and been competitive.

I hope you will stick around and race, if you want to practice with the BMS id be happy to get on track with you running them.

If there is anything I can do PM me please.

I meant back with the BMS. Just can't get the feel where the limit is on the BMS. I'll definitely keep on racing - just try and keep me away.:smile-big:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%