RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Some of the weird (or cool) textures I had once my PC recovered

wierd.jpg

With Abdul we have now tied the record for STCC Friday's entries. If one of the Haba brothers show up we have a new record.

This race is going to be amazing.

The goal is to maintain these numbers in the US events. The key in this is for everyone to remember it is about the fun. Results only last for the moment. Bad and good experiences last a very long time in the mind of racers.

Ill be on the server in 10 minutes.

PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE SKINPACK PRIOR TO JOINING! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X9JSN0RD

• Andrew Evans

Really sorry guys. Pulled out of race on 3rd lap as I was really not liking that track.

*** ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS ***

ordinarily, i'd do this as a pm... but since i don't think you were the only person to do this tonight (but were the only person who had the nuts to own up to it) we'll have a public service announcement....

as everyone knows, the mini event is premium stuff... we always have more people wanting to race than we have slots... the event is always posted on a sunday or a monday.... you have four days to decide if you like a track or not....

check it out beforehand... if you don't like it, don't bloody sign up... if you can't check the track out, don't bloody sign up - why would you turn up raw cold to an event? how do you know what to expect without even one or two cursory laps? i wouldn't do it, ffs...

quitting out of an event "because i don't like it" is disrespectful to me, disrespectful to your fellow club members and frankly, i don't want that kind of moronity and selfishness hovering around my events...

so don't bother signing up for minis for a bit - because you're not welcome... :pissed-off:

• Andrew Evans

good luck with this a morree fellas... hope we get a few more participants... not around all tomorrow - but i'm there in spirit... ohyus! :thumb:

Sorry guys, yet another PC freeze up as it switched from warm up to race.
My feelings about this stuff are just about unprintable right now.

I have tried every piece of advice on about 5 forums, also tried recommendations and advice from friends, nothing makes any difference. :at-wits-end:

I am sooooo close to giving up.

Just want to say sorry to Yves and Glenn. Coming down to the hairpin i think glenn moved over so i tried to go up inside. Then yves came out of pits and i tried to slow down but tapped glenn and then glenn went into yves. Really sorry didnt realise. Maybe it was unfortunate that 3 of us ended up on that corner but I was stupid for not seeing Yves. Really sorry.

Just want to say sorry to Yves and Glenn. Coming down to the hairpin i think glenn moved over so i tried to go up inside. Then yves came out of pits and i tried to slow down but tapped glenn and then glenn went into yves. Really sorry didnt realise. Maybe it was unfortunate that 3 of us ended up on that corner but I was stupid for not seeing Yves. Really sorry.

That's ok, Adam. I didn't see you there. Did I cut you off? If I did, then I apologize.
Guys, I thank you all for fun racing! I'm learned alot tonight. Mostly, that you guys are a great bunch. Very helpful and encouraging.

I won't be racing the next week as I'm heading off for vacation, but I'll be back for the 2nd Wed. coming up. I'm looking forward to it!

Warren - don't give up. I've just gotten started and I want to do some racing with you!:smile-big:

THAT WAS FUN:woop:

Couldn't speak on teamspeak. its 4:48 am here now. And the girlfriend needs some sleep. I think she doesn't like a enthousiast screaming all morning :).

Practice: Tried different cars like the Honda, BMW, Alfa Romeo GTA, Chevrlet and Peugeot 308. I pikked the Peugeot out of it. Because i could set it my way. After putting laps down in the 1:09 i figured it out it couldn't be faster with my driving style.

Qualify: The rain kicked in and it was a quess for everyone when the track was on it best. I tried it early on slicks. Not a good choice. I ended op 12.
Abdul was the one who had the best track.

Race1: After taking a sip of my water i mensiod that the red light was off, and i reacted to late (sorry for the guys behind me). The second corner after the start i ran into someone that spond and hit him frontal. Big suspension failure. The rain wasn't heavy and i drove on: front: rain / rear: slicks. It wasn't a bad choice. The race ended with me on a 11 spot or something.

Race2: A nice and dry track :woop:. Here was the car on his best. I put some extra liters of fuel in it (first race i had to put some liters extra in it.)
and had a awesome start. Something strange happend in the first corner, because cars where everywhere :).
I had to pick the inner grass to avoid them (sorry for that). I decided to flat out when i hit the tarmac, so the other behind me didn't have to avoid me. After a few minutes Keith was showing up in my rear and he was agressive. I decided to let him go pass me.
My strategy was to let him take the risk of overtaking the ones that where in front of us. I don't know what happend but after a couple of laps Keith wasn't no longer on place 1.
The race continued and it was a hard one. I know i had a car that could brake much later then most of the pack. But the acceleration let me down.
Then in lap 10 came start/finish. There was someone in front of me who I followed. There also was a slower one who we about to lap. This person did a good job of slowing down. My anticipation let me down when we hit the first corner where i was going flatout, and shunt out of the track sliding back towards it. The anticipation of the guys who where about to hit me was awesome (thank you so much), and i could follow the way on the track. I ended up third.

Thnx everyone for this outstanding race. It was one of the nicest and funniest races this far.

(sorry if i made some mistakes in the wrighting. Long time ago for me to type english)

See you all next friday, and me in a Peugeot :good:

Many thanks to Eric for organizing this. I'm liking the weather component of the racing better and better... Had a great time...:thumb:

Thought everyone did a really great job in Race 1 of not running into each other in the rain - it's tough.:smile:

Should have done better in Race 1 but didn't realize that the pit stop is required to be in the pit window and got myself a DQ for my efforts.

Race 2 was better, but made a lot of mistakes. Thanks to some lucky breaks and others' problems had I managed to finish p5.

Finally gave up on the BMS and drove the Honda this time. Guess I won't be back.:smile: I don't get Simbin's implementation of rwd. Just doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks again!:beer:

1st race was really OK, I had a couple of nice fights there.
2nd race on the other hand was really unlucky for me!
-At start I was on the inside of Rhys but he didn't see me and started to overtake the guy in front of him, came right onto my car's front end, resulting in a huge crash.
-At the end of first lap, I saw Eric out on grass, he was a lot slower coming back to the track so I tried to pass him, but he came right across the track and I had to brake a lot in first corner, the car got a bit unbalanced and I lost grip for a moment in the second corner, Marty was coming behind and he couldn't avoid me. Really sorry Marty!
-Then a few laps later I was again behind Eric, I had a good run on him after the pit exit, he went to the inside line so I chose the outside, I was there on the outside of him for almost the whole straight but then he started to come to the outside before the hairpin, I even went to the grass with my left wheels for a moment but couldn't avoid the collision.
-I had suspension damage from the few crashes at the beginning so the handling wasn't really good after those, did a few more laps then spun ahead the leading pack, waited a bit on the grass to let them pass, then I decided to retire as I didn't want to cause an accident.

That's all. Thanks for the event anyways, as I said first race was really great for me:)

Yuri, I think it was me that you hit in that first turn 2nd lap. Sorry, sorry sorry. I hate to ruin someone's race. I just lost it and couldn't get out of your way. Sorry again man.

As a real man that you are. You sended a PM.
I really apriciate the sportmanship you have Jarrod.
Happy to race with guys like you. (No weird Kamikaze that dissapears without a sorry).
Cya next time.
And it wasn't a fault you could avoid my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%