RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

joyful little combo this one, yves man....

unfortunately, both races were a shambles at my end... race 1 managed to collect someone attempting a 360 in the middle of the pack streaming thru... :/ race 2 put it in the tyres by accident whilst being determined not to concede to some overly aggressive dude on the back straight.... :/

here's to next time! :D

• Andrew Evans

arrrrf! :D

however, this isn't the motogp circuit (we did that only a few weeks back)... this is the old sprawling circuit.... 3 minute laps and guaranteed high speed death for many....

Evans you friggin beauty, i was only thinking how great it would be to do a mini race here while watching the Motogp yesterday.
signs me ups please :dance2::highfive::in-love:

Heheheeee ... I remember thinking this when there was a Cat event eons back here (which I had to miss sadly) - but this track is as sick as a sick thing, makes the Nordy seem like kindergarten ... yous gonna love it mate if you've not driven it before ... propa "alte schule" guts and glory type stuff :th_o:

Ohw men,

During the practice i noticed that Yves was a second faster.
Yves was so gentle to give his setup (tnx), and showing a how to do lap onboard (tnx).
After these lessons, i managed do drive 0.5 seconds faster. So the qualify started.

Qualify.
Used 15 liters of fuel to do a fast lap. I managed to do a 1:24:7. It putted me on the 2nd place.

Race:
I had a very bad start, and cars are passing me like i was standing still.
But then there was the first corner, and i saw some cars spin out of the track or on the track, and was directly behind gary. The disaster was luring and i took me a few seconds to spin inside of a corner.
So i was last, and had to regain some places. After i think 5 or 6 laps i was 5th behind the leading pack. I noticed that i was gaining time on them, and settled the race pace to waith for mistakes at the front.
Suddenly James Cathers was standing in the pits and i was 4th behind drving behind Abdul. Then 10 intense laps where waiting for me, and i saw somethimes that i was getting closer, or retaining at the same distance.
After getting very close to Abdul i made a mistake and did go wide in a corner. So it was the same story again, and had to push the limits.
In round 29 i saw Abdul's bumper again in front of me. But i pushed the car over its limits and spon again. I finished 1.8 seconds behind him.

It was superbbbbb.

Yves and RD tnx for this evnt.

Abdul that was some wicked race tnx mate.

See you all at the next catherham event.

Andrew mi ol son ... I have a suggestion/idea ...

I know that we/you normally do either endurance or mini shots, but since there is a VERY high likelihood that many people will crash and burn on this stunningly fun track (self included)...
So what about doing a 2 race format ... eg 2x40 mins races?
... this will allow people the chance to enjoy this lovely circuit if/when the worst happens and they inadvertently depart from the track at high speed hitting one of the many, many obstacles that is scattered around the place :D
If pit stops are to be included then maybe do 2 x tyre wear & fuel usage, or just force a pit stop between lap 5 and 10.

• Andrew Evans

well well well downhamo.... i've been flirting with the idea of a two race format recently, i'll have you know... but with 2 tracks, so it was a middle ground between enduro and non-enduro....

buh buh buh but... i like yer idea... and in the innerests of summat diffs... we're gonna give it a whirl.... updating top post.... :thumb:

Warwick Farm

There was swimming, fishing, farming but the action was non stop. Glad we re started the event, would have been a night wasted otherwise. Nice 1 Keith for getting us all lazy ones to get the event started in the shortest time wasted.

I enjoyed the races alot, was tough at the end with my rear tyres not working at all. Gregory and Keith were to fast for me. Nothing much to report as I was mostly driving on my own. Keith ya need to slow down catching us slow ones lol. Atleast let us enjoy the position a lil longer. Greg ya gotta stop using that thing that makes you drive faster.

Well done podium, Grats all who participated. Thanks RD. Thank you Eric for organising the event.

This car suits Sunday driving. From the red lights going off the race was on big time. Those fast few laps were among the best racing experiance I have ever had. Yves I cant wait to see the video. It was bumper to bumper 4 cars, amazing stuff.

Started 4th into first corner I am 2nd behind James. Yves and Gary were behind me who I knew were both gonna pounce later to pass, which they did lol. Finished 3rd. But all the way in the last 10 laps or so Yuri was catching me fast. I had nothing to respond with. I was trying every line possible lap after lap to maintain the time or gain. The first time you lost the car Yuri just a few turns ahead I had also done the same. Almost had a heart attack as I was expecting you to zoom past. Phew lol

Thank you all guys. Yves your setup was wicked, thanks m8.

RD and Yves, Sunday races are like a journey to the country side. Thanks

:dance: ... noice one brother Andrew ...

And I knows fer sure that one of them hard trackside objects is gonna have me come Friday - just did 5 laps and the best I managed was approximately 15 x end over end mini body rolls whilst doing over 220kmh coming down the final hill (my 2.5 yr old son was driving with me - I blame him for virtually ending it for us both :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%