• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Tuesday 17th November 2009 - GT Night

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by David Buxton, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Buxton

David Buxton

Ratings:
    +230
    Sorry about that. I stayed over as far as possible to let everyone through as I knew I caused the carnage due to accelerating too early. :(

2. Bob Hutchins

Bob Hutchins

Ratings:
    +95
    No probs Mr B, thats racing. I did manage to stop before I hit u which was good but the fellows behind didn't. Result, I was left with no front or rear aero and had to pit.

Anyways I had a grt night and can't wait until next weeks races.

3. Stefan Werner

Stefan Werner

Ratings:
    +23
    I can't remember the last time I had so much fun. Thanks to all for the great racing and Buxton for setting it up.

Race 1 (6th - class win)

Due to a mistake in T1 during Qual I started way down in 14th. Got a good start though and instantly made up a place prior to entering T1. Thanks to a number of incidents on track, I soon found myself behind Lee D and the race was on. The gap was a fairly consistent in the .5 to 1 second range. I applied as much pressure as I could and after a few laps Lee made a mistake and managed to slip through. At this point I put the pedal to the metal and pushed as hard as I could. Made a few small mistakes, but the gap again seemed to be a fairly consistent .5 to 1 second between us. I was really hoping this battle would go to the line, but unfortunately Lee got disconnected. The rest of the race was fairly lonely and I finished 6th overall, giving me the class win in GT-Sport.

Race 2 (6th - class win)

I started race 2 in 4th with all of the GT-Pro cars close behind. I knew this would result in a number of incidents as people were eager to get through. I did the best I could to stay out of every ones way and avoided crashes as they were happening around me. Some of the passes done on me by the Pro guys weren't so cool as they were done with force and could have ended badly for both parties. Once things settled down a bit I once again had the class lead, this time with a GT2 Corvette trying to chase me down. He stayed close for a few laps and eventually I saw him run off track in the rear view mirror. From then on it was a fairly lonely race. I made my only real mistake on of this event on the second to last lap as I broke concentration for a minute resulting in me missing my braking point and running of track. While I did strike the wall, I was lucky to not do any real damage. I tried to get back on track as fast as possible as I watched the gap between me and Buxton drop from roughly 10 seconds down to about a second quickly. He passed me down the front straight and I really thought I would was going to finish in 7th, but in the second to last corner he spun and slipped through to take 6th and another class win. :)

Overall, this was a very good event for me. Still not the biggest fan of the Brands though, although todays results do make me like it a little more. :p

Hope to do this again soon.

4. Freddie Besems

Freddie Besems

Ratings:
    +21

on my replay, i can see a bmw z4, maybe you can check your replay and see whats happening.

otherwise fill in a report. thx.

and yes indeed you had a very quick start.

5. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin

Ratings:
    +174
    These GT nights are great, every race I have taken part has been an eventful enjoyable race, I think the smaller tighter tracks are much better than the bigger faster ones, np with the contact Nicolas thanks for waiting and thanks Mr B for setting it up.

6. Neil Tennant

Neil Tennant
    Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    you just cut straight in front of me and put me in the wall with a puncture.

7. David Buxton

David Buxton

Ratings:
    +230
  8. Gary Lennon

Gary Lennon

Ratings:
    +203
    First Evo event with new beloved G25 :D.

A couple of lovely clutch pedal starts and i even moved my left foot back to the brake pedal for T1 both times!! :D,i also think thats the first ever races ive done at Brands in any cars with zero contact,with mixed class GT's and a full grid i expected more mayhem,lovely driving from anything i was ever near to :good:.
    I mainly found myself in a bit of a no-mans-land for big chunks of both races with the odd blast past by a recovering Pro or Sport,some nice chuckles late on with the Buxters playing with my emotions :p.

Glad to finally make a notorious Buxto GT night,looking forward to another! :good:.

Thanks to D. Buxton and RD :good:.

9. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia

Ratings:
    +251
    :rofl:

Yes I did rub it up a few times. I didn't realise how nice the Spyker sounds. It has nice wheels too:).

Thanks for being a good sport though mate:good:. I promise next time we race I'll be a little more respectful of you car and your space:shame:.

10. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia

Ratings:
    +251
    Sorry Robert. I've been calling you Bob as I'm sure it said Bob on the server:shame:.

Gr8 racing 2nite mate:good:.

11. Bob Hutchins

Bob Hutchins

Ratings:
    +95
    It does mate and people normally call me Bob, well people that like me anyways. The others, who cares.

Cheers Philip, your a good sport and thax for the racing, fantastic.

12. Mark Guy

Mark Guy

Ratings:
    +29
    Sorry all for the no show, but my internet was down and is still down at home. Hope its up when I get home from work today
    Sorry David, sounds like I missed a good race.
    :(

13. Emil Bønnerup

Emil Bønnerup

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again David for a nice race :good:

14. Bert Van Waes

Bert Van Waes

Ratings:
    +0
    It was indeed another GT fun night! Tx fellow nssr'r :skywalker: for setting up this great event. Unlike others who detest Brands, i actually love it. I'm always wondering when racing along this track what it would be like for real. Some narrow very fast pieces of track here with bumps everywhere. Interesting it was, for sure...

First race i started at the back, P18 i think. But my start was ok and T1 too, on those moments people were going off already. And i gained lots off places. I was near Gary when the race really started. That Z4 was flying man, i wonder what you will do when you're used to the wheel! :) Nice racing!
    But around 1/3th Babij came back from the runners behind me and had a nice pace to catch me up. But i started to try and get to his tempo, wich almost worked. And for several laps we had some nice racing, good stuff Babij. But then the moment we fly onto start/finish i run wide and fly back on the track. I came on the track in the left middle of the lane. Babij was running on the right middle part. And we both reacted on instinct it seems. He chose to go for the raceline to pass me because the speed difference was quite big. I choose to go a bit out of the way, instinctly to the side away from him. But we both did it on the same time, so we both turned to the same side and yes, he hits me. Sorry Babij, but now i understand it's not yr fault mate! This was what i would call a racing incident... No worries. I was p*ssed yesterday, but looking at the replay it made it all clear. I tried to get the car back to the pits but wouldn't work.

Second race massive fun and the love with this track grew on me. i started in P21 because i fell out the first one in second P. But boy smth happend there, luckily not for me and halfway lap 1 i'm in P 10. This track feld like it was built for this car... But i bet with another car i would maybe hate it. Like i said last time, never i had a run with the Marcos before, but boy this car is nice to drive! Had alot of fun guys, and i don't remember all the fights and my ending spot here. Was getting rather light in the head second race... But damn, that was fun!

Keep it up Buxton! I will be there for more next time, tx mate and tx fellow enjoyers!

15. Gareth Hughes

Gareth Hughes

Ratings:
    +2
    was fun, saw lots of ding dongs, somehow i finished 12th in second race in front of some sport class LOL. Had quite a good battle with Thijs at the back, but we had a little touch too so i backed off and we both took it a bit easier. So hard to pass with no touching on this track :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.