Wouldn't it make a differeence post release if the player says "Wow, why is this sim soooo good!?" and the developer says "Ahh, that might be because we had some real riders involved who told us **** we would never have guessed".

"Competing in the TT is the ultimate dream of any rider. In TT Isle Of Man - Ride on The Edge 2, the aim is to reproduce the sensation of speed and adrenalin, as well as the concentration and control required for any Tourist Trophy rider, while the player sits comfortably in their chair, risk free," said Julien.

Risk free......are you calling us pussies Julien?

[INSERT NAVY SEAL COPYPASTA HERE!!11!1]

Seriously though, fix the physics and I won't use my sniper rifle with over 300 confirmed kills :p

I thought the first game handled great...way better than the ridiculous RIDE feel. Looking forward to this!! Love the feel of their first release
Really? I guess you missed the fact that it didn't even use proper motorcycle physics but CAR physics model? Now THAT'S RIDICULOUS!

The "ridiculous" RIDE feel is spot on. If you knew anything about riding you would agree. It's not pure simulation, it's user friendly, but as close to reality a mainstream bike riding game has come so far. Pretty much like Gran Turismo.

Really? I guess you missed the fact that it didn't even use proper motorcycle physics but CAR physics model? Now THAT'S RIDICULOUS!

The "ridiculous" RIDE feel is spot on. If you knew anything about riding you would agree. It's not pure simulation, it's user friendly, but as close to reality a mainstream bike riding game has come so far. Pretty much like Gran Turismo.
Yo kid....you have no idea what I have done in the motorworld….. lolololol Why argue? Did you design RIDE??? LOLOLOL

You kids crack me up sometimes

Yo kid....you have no idea what I have done in the motorworld….. lolololol Why argue? Did you design RIDE??? LOLOLOL

Honestly you both sound childish to an outsider. He argues Ride uses car physics with no argument and you resorted to an ad hominem and saying "you dont know me personally so i know more than you".

I'd love it if you both could provide evidence to your points.

formulaet you mean car physics are same than motorcycle physics?go drive bicycle and you know the difference.dont just sit in the chair and play arcade games. so what have you done in motorworld?try to put car physics to bike and success?havent heard that

Honestly you both sound childish to an outsider. He argues Ride uses car physics with no argument and you resorted to an ad hominem and saying "you dont know me personally so i know more than you".

Turbo86 has a point though (although I wouldn't say Ride is "spot on", there's FAR too much tyre grip). The bikes in Ride actually react like bikes (when grip loss was eventually reached) whereas the bikes in TTIOM did not.

I would find it very strange if FormulaET has real bike riding history and still finds the TTIOM physics acceptable. No bike I ever rode handled like the bikes in TTIOM, slam on the front brakes in that game and the bikes understeered like a car. So wrong. Lose the rear at speed and the bike pivoted into the wall/hedge instead of highsiding...so wrong.

Turbo86 has a point though (although I wouldn't say Ride is "spot on", there's FAR too much tyre grip). The bikes in Ride actually react like bikes (when grip loss was eventually reached) whereas the bikes in TTIOM did not.

I would find it very strange if FormulaET has real bike riding history and still finds the TTIOM physics acceptable. No bike I ever rode handled like the bikes in TTIOM, slam on the front brakes in that game and the bikes understeered like a car. So wrong. Lose the rear at speed and the bike pivoted into the wall/hedge instead of highsiding...so wrong.
Oh, i dont disagree, i just want discussions to remain civil, something FormulaET forgot.

I never said RIDE uses car physics. Obviously i was talking about TT. The entire thing is based on the physics of the developer's rally games, it's a fact, we've talked about it in here and we've all seen the evidence. Now, i don't have the time to dig through the forums to find the specific post, but feel free to do it.

I'm 33 and i've been in the internet since i was 16. Do you know what the first thing a child/teenager (or generally an immature person) ,does when somebody disagrees with him? Exactly what you did. Gets angry, says a lot of lols (like it means something) and says "you know who i am kid?" Trust me i know, i've done it (long long ago) and now i know i made a fool out of myself.

Now, let's keep it civil please. I don't have to be the designer of any racing game to know if it's good or bad. I only need to compare it to the real thing. If it FEELS right, or at least close to what i've experienced as a driver/rider, i say it's good. It's pretty much what we all do isn't it? Ride and MotoGP games (same developer) are GOOD and i will insist on that no matter what.

Having said that, i have indeed messed a LOT with the physics of Ride 2 and MotoGP 17, so i kinda know how they're made, and let me tell you something, there's true simulation hidden in there. Hardcore stuff, just watered down and made easier for the average Joe to play. I wish i could mess with Ride 3 and the newer MotoGP games but.....UE4 says no.

Screenshot_2020-01-22 Pinterest.png

I just hope they pull through on the handling side of things, with plenty of options including making the handling hardcore. I want a bike game where I can't grab a handfull of front brake with impunity or crank the bike over and apply full throttle and not expect to be the next satelitte in orbit round the earth. But at the same time I don't want the game to bite me on the arse for no reason when I'm not pushing it.

The upcoming TT Isle of Man 2: Ride on the Edge videgame now has a release date...

... and it's March 19th 2020!

Sequel to the original Kylotonn release from back in 2018, the new official videogame of the legendary Isle of Man TT bike race is set to hit your virtual game stores (and real ones to of course) this March 19th, bringing what Kylotonn are calling a much improved version of the game, with real rider input and improved physics and realism.

The new title will once again be centred around the 60+ km Snaefell Mountain Course, however the game will also ship with '17 additional tracks, 18 different motorbikes including classic models, and the official riders' - adding up to what should be the most realistic representation of racing the most dangerous and revered road racing circuit in the world.

TT Isle of Man 2: Ride on the Edge will release for console and PC March 19th 2020.

Head over to the TT IoM 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion about this exciting new bike racing title.

TT IoM 2 Date.jpg

Last edited:
Right from the start the cockpit view movement looks way more MotoGP17-Ride2 than before (it sucks on TT1) so good to see this, because the physics and ultra arcade movement is what made me quit this game after 10 hours or so, and now we have tracks like UlsterGP? with better Physics-Movement? i'm done, i want to test it right now. Yeah i know, motogp-ride2 movements are still Arcade, YES, but they are wayyyy better than the first game of TT.

What are the chances the IOM Track will by easily rippable from this game, so that it can be ported over to AC? I really want a good version of IOM in AC. Not fair GPL still has the best version :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back