Featured TT Isle of Man - The Game Released on Console

Discussion in 'TT Isle of Man - The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,482

TT Isle of Man The Game Released 2.jpg TT Isle of Man The Game Released 3.jpg TT Isle of Man The Game Released 4.jpg TT Isle of Man The Game Released 5.jpg TT Isle of Man The Game Released 6.jpg TT Isle of Man The Game Released 7.jpg
    The wait is over, Isle of Man TT: The Game is now available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4!

Developed over a lengthy period of time by Bigben Interactive and KT Racing Games, Isle of Man TT: The Game looks set to be the most realistic and detailed representation of the legendary bike racing event on modern gaming machines.

Featuring a laserscanned and highly detailed version of the iconic and wild 37.7 mile, 264 turn Snaefell Mountain Course, plus many of the big name riders, bikes and teams of the Isle of Man TT history, the new game looks well set to become something of an iconic release amongst those players who enjoy their adrenaline on two wheels rather than four.

Although console players have the pleasure of enjoying IoM TT: The Game from today, players on Steam PC will have to wait a little while longer until the title is unlocked on Tuesday March 27th.

TT Isle of Man: The Game is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. PC release will follow on March 27th.

TT Isle of Man The Game Released.jpg

For more news, more discussion and to interaction with your fellow bike racing fans then head over to our TT Isle of Man - The Game sub forum.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried IoMTT yet? What is your impression of the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,891
    Yeah, Ive seen some gameplay of it. Looks quite arcade-y to me and rubbish physics. But Im yet to try myself so I can't comment fully on it just yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. dvgportor

dvgportor

Ratings:
    +0
    if we can coverse the track to other games its a value for itself

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Love Love x 3
  4. ronniej

ronniej

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking forward to some gameplay insights from bike riders. Till then, I'll keep an eye out with great interest being a rider myself.

5. Esox71

Esox71

Ratings:
    +24
    looks good to me.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Esox71

Esox71

Ratings:
    +24
    live.....

• Love Love x 1
  7. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +436
    I would like to know how the FFB is playing with a steering wheel. If you can feel the read want to slip away under power in corners

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +345
    Thought the engine sound was gonna be a bit better. From the video in the comments it sounds a bit "lazy". Especially between gears. Looks nice tho.

9. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,542
    I feel like it might be worth supporting this just to make sure more devs do motorcycle games, .. motorcycle would be hard to do no matter what, becasue there's just not easy way to simulate the driver weight transfer

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ME9Swe

ME9Swe
    I know, he thinks he's quick, but he's not Premium

Ratings:
    +61
    I wonder if they would release some sort of DLC which would include the Sidecar TT?

That would be cool

• Like Like x 1
  11. Metla

Metla

Ratings:
    +125

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +995
    Read somewhere sidecar is coming in May for free

• Like Like x 1
  13. PsyaNyde

PsyaNyde
    Premium

Ratings:
    +107
    So it definitely has wheel support then ?

14. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +436
    Sorry...i do not know

15. Felix777

Felix777

Ratings:
    +0
    ridiculous physics

16. Cheesenium

Cheesenium

Ratings:
    +29
    Looks like a pretty cool game.

17. Max Imum

Max Imum

Ratings:
    +2
    Hard driving doesn't mean sim driving.
    Physics are hazardous, really hard to ride a fast Mountain lap without falling tens of time. Sometimes because of too generosity with gaz, sometimes by going down without any logical reason with no feedback from front or rear wheel saying "be careful mate, you're pushing too hard".
    But on the other hand it's the TT, the reason why we "could" excuse a lot...
    Waiting to see if PC version will allow mods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,441
    I hope not. Not unless they add handlebar support to Assetto Corsa. I wonder sometimes if some people use a wheel to fly aircraft in flight sims?:cautious: I wouldn't be surprised. :roflmao:

In the mean time I'll wait till the PC version is released. Some folks need to remember this is a game, not full blown simulation. Only GPBikes by Piboso can claim that. But many of us biker game players have wanted an up to date rendition of the track for many years ever since TT Superbikes and TT Superbike Legends on the PS2. I actually booted up my TT Superbikes last night for a blast on my PS3 60gb version to get me in the mood and to compare the two games when the time comes.

But from all the video's I have seen, the track looks really well done. I will be disappointed with the bike handling as that is to be expected, this is Big Ben/Kiloton we are talking about and they can't simulate anything properly including the WRC games. If only the bike movement and handling were as good as Ride 2 and Moto Gp 17 I'd be happy but alas it won't be. That's life folks.

I'll take it for what it is, a TT game about the famous Isle of Man course. With a superb laser scanned full track and my only goal is to practice, practice and practice 1st person screen mode, no track guide, no corner guides and beat Michael Dunlops record. That is the only way to to it properly in my opinion. And guess what, I will break his record because this is a game and you don't get hurt or killed doing it.
    Now us PC gamers need a dedicated and clever modder to convert the track to Ride 2.
    Did I type that out loud?:whistling::unsure:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +173
    By mistake you used a small font size and the wrong game's name. I'll fix it for you.

Now us PC gamers need a dedicated and clever modder to convert the track to RF2.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. girlracerTracey

girlracerTracey

Ratings:
    +164
    Having some fun on it last night..

For me the physics make sense if you ditch completely the "chase" view and ditch completely the "cockpit" view. The jerky rider animation(s) and the overly "reactive" cockpit movement(s) just cause major disorientation for me.. Less so on the cockpit view but even so the movement of the cockpit before your eyes is too exaggerated and "jerky" for any given steering input you make.. you end up over compensating. It deceives you.. Both these views are "dead" for me.

So with all assists turned off (everything off) and using the "helmet" cam (where you only see the road ahead) it all starts to make sense. I even had to use a thrustmaster GPX gamepad with longer triggers and tauter springs so that I could get the braking right.. If you grab at the brakes you will fall off. You have to apply them very carefully and delicately.

Otherwise I am totally surprised at how good this is for a mainstream m/c racing game. Shocked is probably a better word.. Before I tried the game for myself on an xbox gameshare with a friend of mine I thought it looked "pants". It's not.. Far from it. imho.

(I am playing with a permanently injured right hand and it's pretty demanding with all assists off so I consequently ran out of steam by Ramsey hairpin. I had very little strength left..)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.