TT Isle of Man - The Game

Just you mate ;). Is this on PC or console? What controller are you using?

It does take a bit of setting up and lots and lots of practice but a great game is in there in my opinion. I can now lap on the smaller courses without crashing after learning them without any assists, but it took me around 3 hours to get to that point.
PC and I'm using Xbox 360 controller. I've driven for 1.5 hour and only things I get is frustration and money for refund. Maybe I buy this game again in future but for now I prefer to stick at Ride 2 and MotoGP 17.

Last edited:
The hardest piece of hardware to control in this game is by all means the Suter 500 superbike also the best sounding ( 2 stroke ) it must be the low weight --goes on the back wheel --even if you look at it :O_o:.
The easiest to drive of the superbikes is the Kawasaki ZX 10 easy to keep the front wheel down on this one.

There is quite a big difference between the PC version and Xbox One version, the first being the inclusion of sensitivity sliders for the Xbox One controller on the PC version (no sensitivity adjustment at all on Xbox).

zdxAAq4.jpg

The graphics see quite a bump too and the gameplay is much smoother as a result with less of those frustrating 'why did the bike do that' moments I experienced on the console. Further improvements would be good but it is fully playable and enjoyable if a bit old school in the level of challenge involved.

As by far the cheapest version too the PC is the way to go with this game.

I'm doing alright in the slow speed with no assists on on a Xbox one controller. Speed sensitivity 0% sorted all my steering issues out.
kzlG9Vs.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion, already tried it and it's a bit too slow for my liking, but it's not the problem I have anyway, I'm keeping a constant line through the corner and off the brakes, and the rear comes round and there's nothing I can do....it's like a rear end "low side" which is very rare in motorbike loss of control. Most low sides are losing the front and it's usually (albeit not 100%) high sides from loss of rear grip.

I've been on Tyrone and the bike seemed okay to me, maybe ignorance is bliss:D

I'm just taking too much corner speed in the slow stuff, but hardly banked over (doesn't look like I'm getting me knee down) and the rear just goes. Just doesn't jive with me, but could be the years of MS bikes games spoiling me?

Agreed. Clutch / rear brake combination on a single input is peculiar..lol. Not come across that one before. Wouldn't be too good on a classic 500cc or 250cc let alone(!) a 125cc two stroke.. :whistling: That would turn into a rather disjointed corner exit I feel. They need to have separate inputs for rear brake and clutch. No question on that one at all..

The physics need to be tweaked a bit. Rear wheel "feel" and behaviour on the throttle perhaps being the no.1 priority. With the front end's behaviour on the brakes as priority no. 2 I would personally say.. just get the thing to "tuck" Kylotonn on trail braking rather than long lurid front end slides and again it would be a major step in the right direction for me. BUT you need some proper "feel" and feedback from your controller to match this..Kylotonn imo need to map some decent vibration feedback to the rear and front tyres when they begin to lose adhesion and break traction with the road. Front and rear. We have this effect nicely set-up by Dyego in his "Real Challenge Physics mod" and although it's on a knife-edge on both the front and rear tyre you can feel it beautifully when the tyres start to lose adhesion..it becomes intuitive through the rumble motors to gauge when you are beginning to push the tyres to their limits and edge and with practice you can modulate the throttle and braking inputs to avoid locking a wheel on the brakes or losing traction with the rear on accelerating on corner exits etc. That's what we need here to compliment any physics upgrade or tweaking in my personal opinion.. Also vibrational feedback should be enhanced over camber changes and bumps so we can "feel" the track through the controller.

Achieve all of that and I would be extremely happy I think with this game. Even atm I'm addicted I think with the few concerns we have with the physics. Otherwise this for me is an amazing game. Just needs tweaking and improving.. :inlove:

"Midge"

Pretty much spot on Tracey, If they can nail the tyres behaviour then it would go to a whole new level, but even if they don't I'm addicted too!!

For me I agree with all that. But........there is a fundamental problem with the physics and that is the missing push effect on cornering. Hard to explain. In real life you can twist the throttle mid corner to make you go wider. It pushes you wide when you need it. The MS games manage to simulate this and GP bikes certainly does. In this game I find you can still oversteer with the throttle pinned open. Hard to explain. But saying that, I am enjoying it so much that I can't wait to play it and look forward to getting home from work just to do so. I have a quest to do the perfect lap, no off's, no race line etc, just the cockpit view or fork view. In fact I wish the Fork view has some kind of helmet surround and call it visor view.

You mean steering with the throttle Andy? If so then yeah totally agree. Milestone games do have that so sorted. I feel the physics are lacking the subtleties of what a bike and it's tyres do, cars are all about brute force in cornering and braking, bikes are all about finesse IMO, tiny little adjustments to adjust the line and keep control.

Cheers lads so it's the CD keys issue...no biggy but it would be nice, then again we didn't pay full price though so I won't complain if I never get it. I actually feel a bit bad with the 15 or so quid saving considering t he enjoyment I'm getting!

• Deleted member 6919

Whats the anti stoppie?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably had to compromise so that numpties like me can play the game.
I've now tried with all aids off and really didn't notice that much of a difference, I'm still crap, and lose control pretty easily, wheel or gamepad.

Thanks for the suggestion, already tried it and it's a bit too slow for my liking, but it's not the problem I have anyway, I'm keeping a constant line through the corner and off the brakes, and the rear comes round and there's nothing I can do....it's like a rear end "low side" which is very rare in motorbike loss of control. Most low sides are losing the front and it's usually (albeit not 100%) high sides from loss of rear grip.

I'm just taking too much corner speed in the slow stuff, but hardly banked over (doesn't look like I'm getting me knee down) and the rear just goes. Just doesn't jive with me, but could be the years of MS bikes games spoiling me?

I agree it almost feels like there is no difference between how the front and back behaves. I do like how the bikes behave when you balance the throttle and steering input sometimes if you nail it it feels spot on.

It's a right mixed bag of a game on the cusp of greatness, just not quite there yet.

I still feel like I have almost no control over whether I crash or not. Or rather...that there's almost nothing I can do once I notice I'm starting to lose control.

But the moments when I get it right are still absolutely amazing. A very unique game in this regard, I feel like.

Probably had to compromise so that numpties like me can play the game.
I've now tried with all aids off and really didn't notice that much of a difference, I'm still crap, and lose control pretty easily, wheel or gamepad.

I dunno Kenny it's unforgiving which is not exactly learner friendly! I feel that with a bit more rear stability the game would be a lot better, it's fine losing it on the throttle, because you can learn throttle control, but to just have the rear end go, without warning and without any ability to correct it is harsh for everyone.

I agree it almost feels like there is no difference between how the front and back behaves. I do like how the bikes behave when you balance the throttle and steering input sometimes if you nail it it feels spot on.

It's a right mixed bag of a game on the cusp of greatness, just not quite there yet.

I still feel like I have almost no control over whether I crash or not. Or rather...that there's almost nothing I can do once I notice I'm starting to lose control.

But the moments when I get it right are still absolutely amazing. A very unique game in this regard, I feel like.

Agree with both of you, it's really close, just needs to tighten up the finesse of the physics. And as Tracey says we NEED feedback on what the bike is doing, I'd rather that than the rumble I get from changing gear!

Yes I agree, but I'd be the same irl.
Nah you'd be feeling what the bike is doing in real life Kenny and thus able to make the appropriate control inputs (offset somewhat by fear of crashing though! LOL ;) )....that's something no bike "game" can ever portray and that's the hardest thing about bike games...I don't think a full on sim is feasible, any dev will have to make a compromise for controllability.

Just had a theory on what may be happening to me regarding rear end traction loss mid corner...I'm wondering if it's lift off oversteer, similar to FF cars. I'm backing off the throttle, it's unloading the rear and it's losing grip? something hokey going on with suspension physics?

Also, is it me or are the setups locked....not seen a setup screen yet and the bikes have different ratings even if the same bike make and model, so we have the original riders setup and no ability to tweak?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back