TT Isle of Man - The Game

I can't believe you can't adjust these settings on console, that a serious oversight.

I had a look through some config files last night, to see if there is anything to tweak and it appears all the graphic settings etc have been left in from the consoles, but they added controller settings in the PC version.

Think someone asked works on triples & it does but stretched view so kerbs don't line up. However, setting resolution of desktop 6059x1080 makes it playable. Can't go back to playing on my 50 inch TV now as triples far better too me. Also, as others have mentioned braking doesn't feel right. Tried combined & bit better but still rear end comes around too easy. I rarely use rear brake when riding motorbikes except in the rain & sometimes to trail brake slightly in corner or to help balance a bike but just can't get hang of it in this game. Will persist as game is addictive skimming the walls!

Finally got in a decent session with the game on Tuesday, around 2 hours with the first hour spent getting used to things around the short Tyrone track before popping my cherry on the granddaddy circuit.

I really enjoyed the short track, only set a time of 1:09 something but it was a lot of fun and enough in it to help me get to grips with the basics before moving on to bigger things. I was thinking of just taking it gradually and maybe do a sector at a time but then thought what the hell let's just try out the full Monty for a while.

Oh boy what a rush!! I really love the sense of speed in this game, it's amazing and feels incredible. Some of those long sections at top speed are almost scary and had me getting off the throttle a tad for fear of binning it lol. Got to say that its every bit as good as you guys had been saying and I feel totally vindicated in my purchase. I'm well off the pace of course after my three laps and I'm killing myself multiple times each lap but in all honesty i've fared better than I thought I would at this point considering my very limited pad-ability. Yes I'm using medium assists at present, racing line and auto gears and for reasons i'll explain shortly have mainly been on the chase camera mode so far. I'll get rid of the line after a few more attempts and also try to progress to manual gears once i'm a bit more familiar with everything although I find the gear changing on a pad very tough to manage whilst keeping on top of everything else. I'm just not used to pad play. I will have to look at customising my controls somewhat I think as I am not sure the default are optimal for my fingers.

I did look into trying my wheel instead of the pad but on the console (Xbox at least) there doesn't appear to be the option to do that so I have had to just get on with it on the pad which tbh has not been as bad as I expected.

The chase view I find much better than I expected but what I have struggled with is over correcting when taking a corner. If I needed to make a correction I was quite often overdoing it and ploughing into a hedge or wall on the inside lol. I have gradually got a better handle on it and find I'm doing much better and hopefully more time will find further improvement but it's the lack of finesse I have on a pad that leaves me struggling there.

As for the chase as opposed to helmet view well that over correction problem I find much worse in the helmet cam but also I find I get a bit of a headrush with it much in the same way as VR effects in that respect. The fast movements of the handlebars and shield really cause me a problem. I did manage to set a time just 5 seconds slower with it on the Tyrone track but have yet to try it on the full Snaefel circuit. Once I've learned it a bit better I'll try again.

Loving this game though and will no doubt get many hundreds of hours of fun out of it,

That's strange, because i've got it but still have no idea what it is actually:p

Attachments

• IMG_20180329_185547.png
    IMG_20180329_185547.png
    792.3 KB · Views: 245
Maybe I'm strange or something but in my opinion this game have most unrealistic driving model I've ever seen in simcade. Bike slides like hell and turn responsibility is much too high. Bike turns same at 200 km/h and 100 km/h. And no setup tweaks etc. Even Ride 2 had it. I'm really disappointed by this game.

Looking like the most likely suspect. Never had this before and may just be a mistake by the publishers or that they have processed the Steam orders first? Either way we should be entitled to it.

Maybe I'm strange or something but in my opinion this game have most unrealistic driving model I've ever seen in simcade. Bike slides like hell and turn responsibility is much too high. Bike turns same at 200 km/h and 100 km/h. And no setup tweaks etc. Even Ride 2 had it. I'm really disappointed by this game.
Just you mate ;). Is this on PC or console? What controller are you using?

It does take a bit of setting up and lots and lots of practice but a great game is in there in my opinion. I can now lap on the smaller courses without crashing after learning them without any assists, but it took me around 3 hours to get to that point.

I've seen a few replies on the steam forums so hopefully Kyloton are getting good feedback and will act, I read it on steam first then noticed myself but the front forks do not compress under braking either which looks strange and could be why the front does weird stuff as well.

What's your take on the back brake?....it seems to fully engage the clutch, I presume to stop the rear locking....but then isn't that what a slipper clutch is for? Could be another gap in the physics engine?

Agreed. Clutch / rear brake combination on a single input is peculiar..lol. Not come across that one before. Wouldn't be too good on a classic 500cc or 250cc let alone(!) a 125cc two stroke.. :whistling: That would turn into a rather disjointed corner exit I feel. They need to have separate inputs for rear brake and clutch. No question on that one at all..

The physics need to be tweaked a bit. Rear wheel "feel" and behaviour on the throttle perhaps being the no.1 priority. With the front end's behaviour on the brakes as priority no. 2 I would personally say.. just get the thing to "tuck" Kylotonn on trail braking rather than long lurid front end slides and again it would be a major step in the right direction for me. BUT you need some proper "feel" and feedback from your controller to match this..Kylotonn imo need to map some decent vibration feedback to the rear and front tyres when they begin to lose adhesion and break traction with the road. Front and rear. We have this effect nicely set-up by Dyego in his "Real Challenge Physics mod" and although it's on a knife-edge on both the front and rear tyre you can feel it beautifully when the tyres start to lose adhesion..it becomes intuitive through the rumble motors to gauge when you are beginning to push the tyres to their limits and edge and with practice you can modulate the throttle and braking inputs to avoid locking a wheel on the brakes or losing traction with the rear on accelerating on corner exits etc. That's what we need here to compliment any physics upgrade or tweaking in my personal opinion.. Also vibrational feedback should be enhanced over camber changes and bumps so we can "feel" the track through the controller.

Achieve all of that and I would be extremely happy I think with this game. Even atm I'm addicted I think with the few concerns we have with the physics. Otherwise this for me is an amazing game. Just needs tweaking and improving.. :inlove:

"Midge"

This game is worth it just for the full TT mountain circuit. It is what I hoped for. I haven't even tried one of the fantasy circuits. Blasting through Ballascary or Kirkmichael village is breath taking and the Mountain section is sublime but hard to learn.
Should have the mini twins for starters. They are easier and less powerful but handle great.
Yes I agree the physics are pretty non existent compared to the Milestone games but this game seems to be fine with them as they are. It will do me. Perhaps it will get updates to make it better.

Last edited:
The fast movements of the handlebars and shield really cause me a problem.

I'm another one, unlike our mutual friend moodyracer, who becomes disorientated by this.. Tbh that's why I have switched and have remained riding this thing from "fork" cam. I can gauge what I am doing with my steering inputs better that way without the cockpit moving around in front of my eyes. It's a personal choice on this I think and moodyracer and other experienced players go very strongly (and fast) on "helmet" (i.e. cockpit) cam.

I am very happy to hear you are having fun with the game Peter. That's great!

"Midge" ;)

For me I agree with all that. But........there is a fundamental problem with the physics and that is the missing push effect on cornering. Hard to explain. In real life you can twist the throttle mid corner to make you go wider. It pushes you wide when you need it. The MS games manage to simulate this and GP bikes certainly does. In this game I find you can still oversteer with the throttle pinned open. Hard to explain. But saying that, I am enjoying it so much that I can't wait to play it and look forward to getting home from work just to do so. I have a quest to do the perfect lap, no off's, no race line etc, just the cockpit view or fork view. In fact I wish the Fork view has some kind of helmet surround and call it visor view.

Looking like the most likely suspect. Never had this before and may just be a mistake by the publishers or that they have processed the Steam orders first? Either way we should be entitled to it.
Agreed. We purchased it in the first 15 days. Hell most of us purchased before it was released. There was no mention that you had to purchase on/through steam.

Agreed Andy. This is included in my wishes for improvement to the rear end of the bike on the throttle.

I also want to feel it "push" as you apply throttle on corner exit both at medium and high speeds. I hope they can nail this effect with whatever tweaks they are seeking to implement with their planned patch.

A bit of input from PiBoSo might not go amiss.. Let the him earn some consultancy commission I would say.. ;)

(my last comment about Piboso was a little bit tongue in cheek but thinking about this..why not? In some ways a bit of cross fertilisation between developers, both independent and "commercial", wouldn't potentially be a bad thing..?)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%