1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured TT Isle of Man The Game - More Updates Incoming

Discussion in 'TT Isle of Man - The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +14,006
    With a successful console deployment behind them and PC release following later this month, its been confirmed yet more updates to TT Isle of Man are coming in the near future...

To be fair the idea of releasing a laser scanned version of the legendary Isle of Man TT course in a modern bike racing game was always going to be something of a big undertaking, and following the console release of TT Isle of Man the Game earlier this month, it looks like Kylotonn have struck something of a solid shot into the stands, if not quite out of the park just yet.

With a very solid first release behind them and a Sidecar DLC confirmed already, the developers have been quick out of the blocks to confirm they are indeed listening to fan reaction and plan to bring yet more updates (and content?) to the title in the very near future... which is pretty good news for fans looking to enjoy one of the most ambitious bike racing games of recent years.

The full statement regarding the state of future updates can be read below:

Hi all!
    Following the launch of TT, we have been reading all of the feedback you’ve posted and sent our way - Thanks so much for that! [​IMG]:)

We apologise that we could not reply to all of your messages, but rest assured that we read and made note of all your feedback.

For now we can tell you that the studio is planning to release several patches across all platforms.
    We will share full details regarding final content and the release date of the upcoming patches with you as soon as we can!

Again, thank you so much for your support and your understanding!

Still on the fence about TT Isle of Man: The Game? How about checking out this full lap with racing legend John McGuinness HERE.

TT Isle of Man: The Game is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. PC release will follow on March 27th.

For more news, more discussion and to interaction with your fellow bike racing fans then head over to our TT Isle of Man - The Game sub forum.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

What are your impressions of TT Isle of Man so far? Do you like the game? Can TTIoM The Game become the most detailed bike road racing title released so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Metla

Metla

Ratings:
    +116
    Definitely on the fence.

and earlier I stated I was buying even if it was no good.

Guess I'm not the man of my word I thought myself to be.

Now, I ride a bike, I ride a bike that is reasonably quick, But I find bike games quite difficult, so the initial feedback about this games lack of feedback from the road caused be to hold off on the purchase.

3. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,372
    Absolutely cannot wait for the 27th March. And great news about future updates to improve the game. Not like Kylotonn at all but welcomed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JPL083

JPL083

Ratings:
    +60
    First i wasn't exited that they released on the console's earlier. But now at least PC-Gamer's can get it even better from launch. Waiting waiting waiting...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rollpap

rollpap

Ratings:
    +0
    And classic motorcycles ? No ?
    With classics , il will buy immediately !

6. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,068
    20 English pounds on CD keys. Can't wait to take on the mountain on PC.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan

Ratings:
    +110
    I asked them if they might add that Impreza that did a fast lap to the game, they didn't say much in reply!

8. MarkR

MarkR
    Premium

Ratings:
    +307
    This is welcome news. I'm already enjoying the game on the One X, in my 4th year of the career mode which I've used to learn the course in sections. I can now at least make it round the TT course cleanly on the Daytona Supersport. Just the actual 4 lap TT race to complete now...minimum 70+ minutes looking at the leaderboards and probably more than 80 minutes for me. This is a hardcore game,

A few things I've noticed with more game time that I can add to earlier comments:

- The assists seem next to useless. I can lap the TT and other short tracks cleanly with the assists off but if I switch on even the low TCS/ABS assist settings the bike behaves very strangely in slow corners and on turn in to faster corners. This is a strange situation as usually assists save the player in most games, here they seem to make the bike nervous.

- Only the superb TT course has good surface feel giving bounce and vibration through the bike and it is a great sensation. The other courses are quite flat except for some strange, what I can only call launch ramps hidden in the tracks that send the bike flying into the air. They feel like ridged joins in the track. They are frustrating to say the least and require the player to be ultra careful.

- The Mass Start event AI are an absolute menace, there is no Intelligence about them at all. They are laser guided and glued to the racing line and never move off it even if the player is already there. It's only really a problem at race starts but lets just say the restart button is well worn in these events.

- I haven't encountered any serious bugs, the framerate is fast and stable on the One X so other than the occasional unexplained crash to desktop and leadrboards not connecting/updated the game has all worked well. Better than many of the bigger name titles released recently.

- What madness is that Sutter bike!? The acceleration feels more like something from a WipEout game.

Overall though it is a hugely challenging and enjoyable game, I'm glad I changed my mind and gave it a go. I haven't had a game kick my backside so much for a long time and when I finally get it right it is so satisfying.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  9. pk500

pk500

Ratings:
    +20
    To be fair, Kylotonn released a couple of updates for WRC 7, I believe.

10. Andy_J

Andy_J

Ratings:
    +3,372
    Yes one was a car colour scheme and the other was a spelling mistake. ;):D

• Haha Haha x 4
  11. Felix777

Felix777

Ratings:
    +0
    the only update that can issue, is to put this game at half price. Physics nothing short of scandalous, better the TT of ps2
    We are awake in 2018

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +22
    Kidding aside, they did fix some issues with WRC7 and after some tweaking even WRC5 & 6 regained my respect, certainly not worse than most other rally sim cades.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +22
    It is funny how people can be petty when it comes to developers, but that’s part and parcel of the social media era. My personal experience with KT, based on WRC5, 6 and 7, is average, meaning not much better nor worse than most other developers. Are these great games, no, but they are imo acceptable for the amount I paid when released on PC (c.20-25 EUR). Same for TT, I expect an acceptable experience for which I paid 23 Eur.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Paul McCluskey

Paul McCluskey

Ratings:
    +86
    not even a pre order or actual date on steam or even listed for the pc on game uk website

15. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +22
    March 27

16. Paul McCluskey

Paul McCluskey

Ratings:
    +86
    Duke Video are sending copies out already for the pc version but read somewhere they couldn't play as needs unlocked on steam

17. Andy_J

Andy_J

Ratings:
    +3,372
    I was informed that there weren't any boxed versions on PC. I was hoping there was. Are Duke actually sending boxed versions out or just sending a download code?

18. Paul McCluskey

Paul McCluskey

Ratings:
    +86
    was a comment from someone on GT planet forum said had email confirmation that a copy is heading their way, maybe a console copy as people saying alot of places did not have a any in stock

19. Andrew

Andrew
    Out of my mind! Back in five minutes. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,912
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Paul McCluskey

Paul McCluskey

Ratings:
    +86
    so there is physical copies I take it then, but official site says PC version available on 27/03/2018. Pre-orders are not available on Steam, but the King of the Mountain Pack will be offered as a free early adopter bonus, if you buy the game within the first 15 days from launch.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1