Featured TT Isle of Man: The Game - Full Lap With John McGuinness

Discussion in 'TT Isle of Man - The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +14,641

TT Isle of Man Gameplay 1.jpg TT Isle of Man Gameplay 2.jpg TT Isle of Man Gameplay 3.jpg TT Isle of Man Gameplay 4.jpg TT Isle of Man Gameplay 5.jpg TT Isle of Man Gameplay 6.jpg
    Check out the new TT Isle of Man The Game full lap video - with commentary from none other than TT legend, John McGuinness!

Having gone on sale recently to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with a PC release to follow later this month, TT Isle of Man the Game developers KT Racing Games have released a brand new full lap video of the legendary Snaefell Mountain Course with a very special guest - long time TT rider and all round good guy John McGuinness!

Received relatively warmly by the gaming community after an unfortunately extended period of development by the team behind the first current gen Isle of Man TT game, many players have been impressed by the level of detail afforded to one of the most spectacular racing locations still in use today, and it looks like Mr. McGuinness is no exception...

TT Isle of Man: The Game is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. PC release will follow on March 27th.

For more news, more discussion and to interaction with your fellow bike racing fans then head over to our TT Isle of Man - The Game sub forum.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new footage? Have you tried the game yourself yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 14
    • Love Love x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. neuer31

neuer31

Ratings:
    +124
    Imagine this with race cars ... in a sim of your choice ...
    F1, GT1, Group C, etc. that would be a ride where you get a heart attack ...
    You thought Nordschleife would be hell, no this is the real hell

Great devs :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  3. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +474
    Check this out...record Subaru WRX STi on the Isle of Man..awesome...and what really amazes me is how much grip this car has when cornering at 170mph...lol

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,254
    As a biker myself I'd love a good bike sim to do us proud. Unfortunately this looks as poor as the rest. The rider movement looks absolutely awful in the chase views, and I didn't see anything that hasn't been done (badly) before. Steam 50% sale maybe, but for full price they can keep it. :thumbsdown:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Neils on Wheels

Neils on Wheels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +60
    This looks great but i assume there will be no VR.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. LeBlur

LeBlur

Ratings:
    +2
    If it supported VR I would buy it. If ANY motorcycle game supported vr, I would buy it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ronniej

ronniej

Ratings:
    +274
    @Ross Garland I don't know of any racing game I own that looks good or realistic in "chase cam".

Looks like I'll have to try it...I will pick this up for the lonely Xbone to go along with my MX2/3 motocross games and give it a go when I'm sick in bed.:coffee:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +156
    I always ask myself why to dumb down physics when devs can simply add "specific" filters and driving aids to help casual gamers to play with the glued tyres on the road. Is it so difficult? :rolleyes:
    I've seen several videos and the lighting, the landscape, are well made.
    But as usual the physics and the driver/bike behavior are simplified at best. In the 90° turns at low speed you can clearly see how funny the movements are. No to talk about crashes, where the bike blows up like hitting an IED mine... I've seen also the bike flying and the rider holding the high speed position :D

9. ronniej

ronniej

Ratings:
    +274
    Maybe it's just better this way. It seems all the bike games only go so far.....Must be a reason.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. LeBlur

LeBlur

Ratings:
    +2
    Its almost like the physics of the body positioning + the steering + leaning is difficult to simulate

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. ronniej

ronniej

Ratings:
    +274
    That's what I'm thinking. I guess we won't know unless the devs talk about this, or somebody knows someone at Milestone etc, or whatever.

12. General Stoner

General Stoner

Ratings:
    +2
    Here you go VR support GP Bike sim
    http://www.gp-bikes.com/

• Like Like x 1
  13. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +484
    There's something fundamentally wrong in sentence "I'm a real biker and what bothers me the most is rider movements in third view". But can't really tell what. :unsure:
    Rider movenments are a bit nervous, I agree, but if you weren't mention it I wouldn't even notice it, honestly.
    They could maybe spend some more time on it, delaying the release some more (we wouldn't bother right?) but let's imagine how was it for them to bring to life this gigantic track to look this close to real life, we finally got into our hands (ok, as a pc user I still didn't :p) this legendary track - someone has finally find a courage to risk and do it.
    Enjoy your beautiful replays, notice the small things as build up dirt on windscreen (ok, that was for me lousy rider more scary than beautiful) and, as a real biker, be a little bit thankful, perhaps ?

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit

Ratings:
    +9
    Now, we'll just sit back and wait and the track I expect will somehow end up as a mod for AssettoCorsa.

15. rosgillies

rosgillies
    Premium

Ratings:
    +44
    On corsa, awesome and it would then be VR compatible. No VR no buy.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  16. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,408
    We are restricted in a computer game in Motorcycle simulation. Without handlebars, lean and proper FFB we can only ever expect so much.
    The rider movement looks aweful? Well ride from the helmet view or screen view. As a biker I don't ride from a third person view because I prefer a more realistic view. Do you drive in RRE from the 3rd person view? Perhaps you do. I never do because I find the cars look like they are turning from a centre axis and it's not realistic. But each to their own.

And has for not seeing anything that hasn't been done before,rubbish, where have you seen the Isle of Man full course done in anything like the detail this game has? I haven't tried the game yet but I will on March 27th but I have listened to @girlracerTracey and her comments on the game and I am quite satisfied that this will be good enough. Oh and it's 20 quid on CDKeys.com. Not much dearer than some RRE DLC .

PS, not having a go at you but perhaps it's best to try it before you judge it? You can always get a refund if purchased on steam if you feel it's no good for you or too hard for you. :D And it will be hard to master but boy the satisfaction will be immense.

PS, PS, what bike have you got Ross? A moped?:roflmao:

Edited for spellig...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +272
    once again I agree with Andy, this is by miles one of the best looking bikes games I have ever seen, significantly better than the milestone games. Yes rider animation looks off (hopefully feedback to the devs will result in improvements), but gods people it's the ISLE OF MAN TT course!!!!!

Anyone else thinking of just riding around legally(ish) for a bit? Hooning it where and when appropriate.....ooh my god...havn't ridden a bike for 14 years and I SOOOO miss that moment of leaving a 30 into a 60 and opening up the throttle hearing that 4 cylinder banshee wail and seeing the tacho needle fly up to 10k, 11, 12, 13k+.....(only got up 600cc supersports (mainly ZX6Rs).

• Like Like x 3
  18. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +341
    This game is well worth £30 (£20 if you can get it even better) on PC for the circuit alone, it looks great, has all the right bumps, cambers and elevation changes. If you've been lucky enough to ride/drive these roads they are instantly recognisable. This reminds me of when we first started to get realistic versions of the Norsdshleife, it was a great experience and the IOM TT circuit that to another level.

The stand out feature of this game is the incredible sense of speed, I haven't seen this done better in a 'realistic' game and I'm using just an Xbox One X, PC should be even better. As already said helmet cam is the best way to play, forget 3rd person view it's as bad here as it is in any car racing game aiming for more realism that Forza Horizon 3.

I'm not a biker but from previous bike games the bikes feel good to me with all the assists off. With the assists off the bikes really are alive. There is quite a difference between the way they handle too, in career my initial ZX-6R with a lower handling stat needed more car through fast sweeping corners. The Triumph Daytona 675 I replaced it with has much better handling and is more forgiving of mistakes but still requires finesse on the brakes and throttle. The Superbikes are different altogether and require a lot more skill on throttle and brakes. I like the way the bikes have distinctive character a lot of games miss this. The physics feel OK to me, even with all the assists on it isn't possible to go flat out everywhere glued to the track, the bike will still bite. With the assists off I'm finding I really have to think about road position, bumps and where I can safely brake and then how much throttle I can apply on the exit. Purely from a gamer perspective it feels challenging and right.

The game is old school and tough, career is a grind to progress though the shorter circuits also seem fine to me.

Absolute concentration and focus is required for the TT circuit, no rewinds here, and just remembering where I am on the circuit is taxing my brain enough for now.

Well worth trying for yourself, I wasn't convinced by the YouTube videos but it plays a lot better than it looks to watch.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,351
    Annoying that PC users have to wait. Not sure what the reason behind that is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,723
    Great read of all your views of this guys. I have been wanting to pick up a bike game for some time but just couldn't make up my mind which to go for. This one seems to be a good choice especially with the legendary Isle of Man TT. I am on the Xbox and really am tempted to take the plunge with this one. Like @MarkR said above the sense of speed looks breathtaking.. very impressive :thumbsup:

For those that have it and also have others would you recommend this over those and if not which would be the favourite?

• Like Like x 1