TT Isle of Man - The Game

Useless effort from this company with what they did have or they still have on their hand's... BOO!!! Cannot understand, just cannot... Fancy graphics yes and feel of speed and some sound's but that's it. Rest is just bug after bug and blaa blaa blaa... Just try even a bit! I'm mad! So long waited to finally get something cool that i never did have before and oh boy the disappointment was... BIG!!! And yes, i'm not a game developer and never gonna be. but if you call yourself a game developer's. You should know what to do. Not just crab customer's money with hype and leave them with empty hand's... Give this title to someone who can make this what it should be. An immersive experience of Isle Of Man!

Last edited:
As the road racing season starts, I returned to this game and found it is possible to run it with modified game files. I have not seen mention of other people doing this so here is the process I used.

QuickBMS and the WRC 6 script can be used to extract files but not reimport them, meaning the game must be run with all files extracted.

1. Backup the folder Steam\steamapps\common\TT_IOM\WIN32\PKG

2. From inside this folder use QuickBMS to extract the files: CHUNK_0, CHUNK_1, CHUNK_2, CHUNK_3, CHUNK_4, CHUNK_5, CHUNK_6, CHUNK_7. Extract all the files into one location to create the folders WIN32 and Common.

3. Repeat this process for each of the patch PKG files. Ensure to extract all the PATCH0000 files first, then all the PATCH0001 files, then the PATCH0002 file. This means the patches are applied in the correct order.

4. When this is complete there should only be two folders: WIN32 and Common which contain all the game files.

5. Copy these two folders into the base game directory.

6. Remove the PKG files from the folder Steam\steamapps\common\TT_IOM\WIN32\PKG to ensure the game uses the uncompressed files.

7. Check the game runs.

The physics files are in the folder Common\Tuning\BIKES. The file BASE_1000.DYN sets the parameters for all the superbikes and BASE_600.DYN sets the parameters for all the supersport bikes. The base bike files (e.g. BASEBMWS1000RR) are instances of either of these files. The files for each rider (e.g. HUTCHINSON.DYN) are then instances of a base bike file.

I hope this is as simple as possible to follow. If people want more clarity or more information on the physics files let me know. I have also been able to add riders and bikes to the game and can write guides if people are interested.

That's very interesting. This game is very good indeed (for what it is) if you take the trouble to set it up properly with a steering wheel and pedals with a zero degree centre line dead-zone and a reduced rotation angle.

Doing this for me absolutely transformed the feeling of the handling and physics modelling in the game. I've achieved this on pc using x360ce (as many others have done) and interestingly also on both the xbox one and PS4 versions of the game using a CronusMax device.. So it is more than possible to use a steering wheel on the console versions of this game also..with the crucially important zero deadline for accuracy in steering input responses. Makes a big difference.

A steering wheel on a m/c racing game? On TT IOM I have to say that imo it gives you a big improvement..

For those who use a gamepad maybe it might be possible to calm down the rear end handling quirks, much more pronounced and troublesome when using a gamepad, by accessing the physics files and adjusting some of the settings?

Last edited:
@orourked: Can you provide us with a little more detail on what you have been able to add-in to the game please? By way of new riders and bikes..

I presume it's easy to paint helmets and bikes.. Have you changed any of the physics settings yet? Is it relatively easy to decipher the different physics files and the effect that they have? Stability, tyre grip etc. etc.?

I am going to do what you have done above and take a look.

Thank you.

I've focused more on understanding the physics than anything else. There are strange things going on with drag in that it seems to not exist when leaning forward and on the throttle. The top speeds of bikes are limited only by gear ratio and not drag, explaining what I feel is unrealistic acceleration at high speeds. I've attached a physics file with explanations of the parameters I understand from testing.

In terms of adding bikes and riders, I have not tried to paint liveries because the files are in PTX format and need converting which I have not managed yet. When I was adding bikes I was copying existing liveries just to prove it was possible.

I will write an explanation of how I added riders. Interestingly in the localisation files there are names for riders that didn't make it into the game. Guy Martin, Ryan Farquhar, Dan Kneen, James Cowton and more have names in the files but are not called anywhere.

Attachments

• BASE_1000_dyn.txt
    33.5 KB · Views: 300
How to add riders:
This involves editing the following files in Common\Tuning\FACTORIES\: RIDERS.CFG, TEAMS.CFG. All files are plain text files.

For an example let’s add the late Dan Kneen on a Tyco BMW:

1. In RIDERS.CFG copy and paste the HUTCHINSON section

2. Rename from HUTCHINSON to a name of your choice that is not already used. I went for DAN_KNEEN

3. Change the first name value to: Locales.Id.RIDER_KNEEN_DANIEL_FIRSTNAME

4. Change the last name value to: Locales.Id.RIDER_KNEEN_DANIEL_LASTNAME

5. The skinset and skin values choose which photo to use in the game menus. I used the skinset “DATA:/GUI/Textures/Shared/Rider_03.psk” and the skin “Rider_18” which is an image of a blank helmet.

6. Change nationality to: TTCustomNationality.GB_IM

7. In TEAMS.CFG under D_BMW_TYCO add the name chosen earlier (DAN_KNEEN) in SuperBikeRiders.

The Locales.Id reference are for the file: Common\Scripts\LOCALISATION.LUA. This file is a dictionary for the localisation files located in Common\LOCALISATION.

As I mentioned in a previous post Dan Kneen is one of the riders in the localisation files but not in the game. I make the full list: Guy Martin, James Cowton, Lee Johnston, Ryan Farquhar, Alan Bonner, Sam West, and Michal Dokoupil. I can only assume there were plans to add these riders at some point.

If you would like to add a completely new name:

1. Create a rider with the name values Locales.Id. F_NAME_0, and Locales.Id. L_NAME_0.

2. Add this rider to a team as above and load the game

3. Note the first and last names of the rider you have created.

4. Search the localisation files for these names and change them to the name you want to use

5. For future riders use F_NAME_1, F_NAME_2 and so on up to 80.

Thanks for all of that. I am going to start experimenting a bit with the physics settings. See what sort of differences changing some of those values makes. I still play the game most days now that I have a steering wheel working nicely in the game. But it will be interesting for me to experiment a bit with the physics.

been trying to do this but I have an issue when I extract the files although it goes through and they are physically there they have no data in them they just have 0kb and nothing in the files?

been trying to do this but I have an issue when I extract the files although it goes through and they are physically there they have no data in them they just have 0kb and nothing in the files?
I'm not really sure what to suggest but I would guess it's a problem with the QuickBMS script. Maybe try the WRC 7 which is almost the same?

Hi yes I tried wrc7 and that worked a treat.

Been going some playing around struggling to get the superbike how I want it

but got the supersport pretty much spot on after about a morning playing around pretty happy with how the bike is definitely less swerving into the bush!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back