• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured TT Isle of Man: The Game Coming to Switch

Discussion in 'TT Isle of Man - The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,799
    KT Games have confirmed TT Isle of Man: The Game will release on Nintendo Switch this May.

Benefitting from an increasing number of racing game related content in recent months, the latest title to come to Nintendo Switch has been confirmed - TT Isle of Man: The Game. Initially launching for PC and the big hitting consoles from Sony and Microsoft back in March last year, it now appears that the ambitious official racing game of the legendary Isle of Man TT will be heading over to the Nintendo Switch this May 23rd.

Set to include the legendary Snaefell Mountain course, the game also features and additional nine racing locations as well as a selection of bikes and riders that have competed at various times in the long-standing road racing event. Much like its older PC and console cousin, the Switch version of the title will contain all the goodies from the original game, including the post release sidecar DLC and any future additional content that may, or may not, be released in future.

TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge is available for PC, Xbox One and PS4 now, with Nintendo Switch to follow May 23rd 2019.

To check out more news and discussion around this title, check out the TT Isle of Man The Game sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch
    v

• Like Like x 4
  2. ZeroRisk

ZeroRisk
    Pro racing driver for hire! (according to ACC) Premium

Ratings:
    +857
    This can only be a good thing for racing games and the future of sim racing. Get these titles in as many households as possible. It's all feeder series stuff for the main drug that is sim racing. Be it on console or PC :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ramipril

Ramipril

Ratings:
    +14
    I would have never have expected that, of all racing games, the TT game comes to Switch. I do wonder how well it would sell, but I have to agree with ZeroRisk. The more exposure the better, both for racing games and for motorsport in general.
    Switch keep adding more and more great titles to their library, I feel like I'm missing out a little at this point by not owning one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +487
    Absolutely! Very easy to be dismissive of these types of games, but how many of us are here because of Forza or Gran Turismo or some other "simcade" title sucking us down the rabbit hole?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. ZeroRisk

ZeroRisk
    Pro racing driver for hire! (according to ACC) Premium

Ratings:
    +857
    That's definitely true for me. At the arcades it was Outrun, Super Hang On, Sega Rally, Daytona and F355. Consoles was Mario Kart, F1 and Colin McRae with all the arcade racers on Saturn and Dreamcast, followed by PGR, GT and Forza on PS and Xbox.
    It was only after all these that I needed more. I wanted more realism. And then I found out about GTR and Race etc. Never looked back and have sold all my old console stuff to fund the upgrade for PC Sim racing gear.
    Kinda like an addict selling his possessions for just one more hit! :confused:;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. JPL083

JPL083

Ratings:
    +63
    Good that this is still "alive" but should fix the pc-version first thanks...

7. kevin kennedy

kevin kennedy

Ratings:
    +76
    totally agree this title has been neglected to the point it barely qualifies as arcade , it has been a sad money grab with out the soul it should have had

8. Paul McCluskey

Paul McCluskey

Ratings:
    +93
    money grabbing gits, negelected the pc version after a dlc that was pants and minor fixes, never buy anything from that software house/publisher again

9. JPL083

JPL083

Ratings:
    +63
    Useless effort from this company with what they did have or they still have on their hand's... BOO!!! Cannot understand, just cannot... Fancy graphics yes and feel of speed and some sound's but that's it. Rest is just bug after bug and blaa blaa blaa... Just try even a bit! I'm mad! So long waited to finally get something cool that i never did have before and oh boy the disappointment was... BIG!!! And yes, i'm not a game developer and never gonna be. but if you call yourself a game developer's. You should know what to do. Not just crab customer's money with hype and leave them with empty hand's... Give this title to someone who can make this what it should be. An immersive experience of Isle Of Man!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah
    Prince with a thousand enemies Premium

Ratings:
    +185
    Will it include the e-bikes? That would be cool

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.