Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am going on Monday. Late booking, B&B sorted on Bray Hill. :confused::)
I love the atmosphere at the TT. Bike is prepped, ready to go, going on my Triumph T509 this year. Any one else going?
09bafd0b103a737cef25e311c76fdd08.jpg
1.jpg

I just really don't want a Milestone "clone".. Fine tune and improve the physics. But please don't make it too "user-friendly". I actually detest the feel of RIDE 3 on the road circuits. It feels like I'm riding in "cartoon land".. Maybe that's just me?

Last edited:
I'm really pleased this game is getting a sequel. The game has its flaws but the circuit is so well done it would be huge missed opportunity if it was never used again. Hopefully the physics and AI are a bit better and more real more tracks would be nice.

Awesome news. I love this game despite all its flaws. Would like to see better physics, more bikes (superstock and lightweights would be awesome), a properly licensed Manx GP and NW200 (and a few other major road races too), pit boards in lap mode multiplayer (nobody plays full TTs), leaderboards filterable by riding aids and view (ie who is riding hardcore mode?). Doesn’t need much more than that tbh. More realistic physics needs to be the big focus though.

Isle of Man 2.jpg

A second official Isle of Man TT game is set to launch next year, with TT Isle of Man 2 confirmed during E3 this week.

Once again featuring the fearsome 37-mile Snaefell Mountain Course in all of its crazy glory, Bigben Interactive have confirmed that a sequel to last years surprisingly disappointing but still highly promising TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge is under development.

Although obviously a big news story for the publisher and Kylotonn Racing (the development team responsible for creating both games), very little detail about the new release other than the preview image at the head of this article and 'Isle of Man 2' title have been revealed.

What we know at this very early stage is that the developers are looking at a 2020 release window, and if the new game mirrors the original game we can surely expect it to drop on both console and PC once again.

With some very solid graphics and an awesome licence in the form of the official Isle of Man TT event, let us hope that KT Racing and Bigben have learnt their lessons from the original effort and come back stronger for this new game.

TT Isle of Man 2 is expected to release 2020.

Keep an eye out for the upcoming new TT Isle of Man 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment in the very near future..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

What was disappointing about TT last year?
Maybe it was not perfect, but it is a blast to play with the limitations of a controller.

I certainly am not disappointed by the original.

What I'm saying about the "surprisingly disappointing" aspect of it is more down to the unfulfilled potential of the game. I expected that, considering the whole focus was the TT, we would have a more joined up experience in terms of the available bikes / classes / riders, a bit of a better thought out and detail structure around the whole excitement of taking part in the TT itself and also the handling characteristics of the bikes. Ok, I'm no biker sadly (the wife won't let me!), and I do struggle to get myself in the right spot to ride a bike game properly, but I've taken my own experiences with the title, added in the comments of folks who know about real bike racing and riding, compared to other bike games and come up with the conclusion the handling model still has a way to go until they can confidently claim they nailed it.

But again, its still promising, and TT 2 could well be the answer to those "disappointments".

I hope so, as it could potentially be a rather awesome game.

I don't see why they needed to make a whole new game unless the physics problems of the first game are so fundamental to the code that it can't be patched. I found a lot of fun to be had in the first game but almost equal amounts of frustration. The way the bike (and eventually the sidecars too) spit you off in ways that defy Earthly physics was incredibly annoying. That's really the only thing I'd like to see fixed.

I don't see why they needed to make a whole new game unless the physics problems of the first game are so fundamental to the code that it can't be patched. I found a lot of fun to be had in the first game but almost equal amounts of frustration. The way the bike (and eventually the sidecars too) spit you off in ways that defy Earthly physics was incredibly annoying. That's really the only thing I'd like to see fixed.
This was my feeling.... just something didn't grab me, I own bikes, MX, Track and Street, and like almost all bike games. But there was nothing for me... may try again.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%